+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Same here. He is way too giggly for my taste. I did see the loony guest about surgery, she was like that on another show. So he knew what she was like I am sure.
    That wasn't his problem. Of course he knew what her deal was. His problem was that he wanted to have an honest discussion and know why she did the things she did. All she could do was play "poor me" and blame the media when SHE was the one who released pictures of her little daughter dancing on a pole. She is the one who is contacting the media and she kept lying and pretending she was an innocent victim and that Anderson was twisting her words (he wasn't). He said, after the show, that having her on at all was a mistake.

He's had plenty of whackadoos on that show and he's respectful to all of them and genuinely tries to understand why they do what they do. She was just there to lie and get more publicity for herself. He tried for a while, but finally had enough.

I love Anderson! I didn't know much about him, beyond his basic bio and what little I've seen on his CNN show. I think he's sweet and charming and I especially enjoy seeing his relationship with his mother. I don't normally watch daytime talk shows, but I watch at least part of his show every day.

libgirl - that's my problem with the whole Travolta mess. He's married. Behaving like that is disrespectful to his wife, even if she was okay with him being gay. If he IS gay, the whole world doesn't know it, so coming on to massage therapists and being a sleaze is embarrassing for her, if it comes out in the press. It wouldn't matter if he was gay or straight, it's still sleazy.

Not surprised at all about Jim Parsons. I don't like that the reporter outed him in the article, instead of it being Jim himself. Maybe he agreed to that, but maybe not. I never thought he was straight and never cared either way. I think he's talented and adorable. If he's happy, good for him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought Jim Parsons had come out a while ago.I guess not. As for Travolta's wife, she seems happy in her life. She appears to love him and their family very much.
    I think he has always been out, just with a hit show and awards you really are out to more people.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    libgirl - that's my problem with the whole Travolta mess. He's married. Behaving like that is disrespectful to his wife, even if she was okay with him being gay. If he IS gay, the whole world doesn't know it, so coming on to massage therapists and being a sleaze is embarrassing for her, if it comes out in the press. It wouldn't matter if he was gay or straight, it's still sleazy.

Not surprised at all about Jim Parsons. I don't like that the reporter outed him in the article, instead of it being Jim himself. Maybe he agreed to that, but maybe not. I never thought he was straight and never cared either way. I think he's talented and adorable. If he's happy, good for him.
    That is what I said, if he was coming on (again these are allegations but if they are true) to a woman and he is married it would be wrong.

Jim Parsons is a cutie. I actually have a slight crush on him. I don't care, gay or straight!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I love Anderson! I didn't know much about him, beyond his basic bio and what little I've seen on his CNN show. I think he's sweet and charming and I especially enjoy seeing his relationship with his mother. I don't normally watch daytime talk shows, but I watch at least part of his show every day.
    This is how I feel about him, too. One of my favorite shows was the one with the 38 lb cat. Anderson spent most of the interview loving on the cat and letting Kristen Johnson handle the interview. Anyone who loves animals like that is great in my book.
    norealityhere, Coco46 and JavaJo like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I've never seen him do a follow up about it, but that cat died not that long after being on the show

Anderson won my adoration when he geeked out over his first "mystery guest," Henry Winkler. He knocked over a table and just freaked out when he finally guessed who it was. Apparently, he idolized Fonzie (even wrote him a fan letter) when he was a kid. I had a Fonzie t-shirt when I was a kid. I identified. It was just a sweet, human moment.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I adore Anderson! What fascinates me the most is his friendship with Kathy Griffin. When they have co-hosted the New Year's Eve event, the looks of horror that cross his face when Kathy comes out with a doozy are priceless. Anderson grew up quite sheltered but even covering war zones/hurricanes/disasters did nothing to prepare him for Kathy Griffin. She's become quite close to his mom too, she calls her Glo. The giggling thing was funny the first few times, not so much anymore. Although I still love Jimmy Kimmel's girly laugh. Totally strange.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I think there are plenty of guys who get married to a woman and they're gay. I also think the wife is aware of it....and it works for both of them, for whatever reason they do it for. It might be what's going on w/John Travolta but he should behave better, no matter what his sexual preference. The real issue, to me, is not about him being gay...that's just scandal that that the media and public love so much.
    As for Jim Parsons, who I had never heard of but looked him up, was anyone surprised?
    And just why do people have to disclose their preferences?? I know I'm often considered as being negative about this issue but to me, so what?
    I believe in privacy in LOTS of areas in life. Whatever happened to that concept of not having to tell everyone everything??
    norealityhere likes this.

While I certainly do believe it is one's prerogative to keep their orientation to themself, I do wish more people in the media spotlight would come out openly and honestly (you hear me, Travolta?). The more the ignorant and the bigoted are faced with the reality of homosexuality, the fewer weapons they have against the gay, and the more strength the gay has in the face of the bigot.

And seriously, anyone who is more affronted by the sight of Neil Patrick Harris arm in arm on the red carpet with David Burtka than the sight of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie doing same deserves to be affronted, and affronted often.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I adore Anderson! What fascinates me the most is his friendship with . When they have co-hosted the New Year's Eve event, the looks of horror that cross his face when Kathy comes out with a doozy are priceless. Anderson grew up quite sheltered but even covering war zones/hurricanes/disasters did nothing to prepare him for Kathy Griffin. She's become quite close to his mom too, she calls her Glo. The giggling thing was funny the first few times, not so much anymore. Although I still love Jimmy Kimmel's girly laugh. Totally strange.
    Kathy Griffin horrifies me. From her face that never moves, to her dirty mouth, and I find her humor unappealing .She's Joan Rivers lite.I think she says the things he wishes he could. I honestly thought she was a male dressed as a women when I first saw her. I like Anderson on CNN I just don't care for his daytime shtick, which despite poor ratings was renewed.

Jimmy Kimmel is hilarious!
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hear people say so and so should come out of the closet, we know he/she is gay. Exactly how do "we" know this person is gay? Maybe he/she really isnt.
    Florimel likes this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread