+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3913Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Actor Michael McKean was hospitalized after being hit by a car in Manhattan last night. He's is currently starring in "The Best Man" on Broadway. Fortunately, the worst injury he suffered seems to be a broken leg. That accident happened just one block from where I grew up. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Michael McKean Hospitalized After Being Struck by Car | TheWrap TV
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

People's sexual orientation is something I don't pay much attention to, even when they are proclaiming it - or reversing themselves on it publicly. It's uninteresting to me.

John Travolta is of a different generation than young gay stars today, and belongs to a faith that considers homosexuality to be a disease that threatens society.

The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in Dynamic II [i.e. sexuality] such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc., and all down the catalog of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically... he is very far from culpable for his condition, but he is also far from normal and extremely dangerous to society....
    -- L. Ron Hubbard (Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health)

If John Travolta is gay, I can understand why he would choose to keep it to himself. Many families have secrets that they conspire, across generations, to keep. It's their choice, and their business.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

That quote from L. Ron Hubbard is disgusting. It makes me think even less of Scientologists than I already do.

On an entirely different note, I love Anderson Cooper!

Anderson Cooper Kicks 'Human Barbie' Sarah Burge Off Show: 'You're Dreadful' (VIDEO)

Did anyone else watch when he kicked that nutter off the show? It was awesome! He's usually so sweet, even when people are pretty out there (heck, the guest after her had a "relationship" with a sex doll), but that woman was horrid. She was clearly just out for publicity and kept claiming that the big bad media was twisting her words. I wasn't happy to see her on Anderson's show, but I sure did enjoy seeing him give her the boot!
    Little Sew&Sew and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I don't normally watch Anderson. Nothing wrong with him or his show, it's just not something I make time for. However, I did watch the video after I saw reference to it on my homepage.

Unless I wasn't really paying attention (but I think I was), the woman - the Human Barbie - actually said she would allow her daughter to have breast implants because . . . . . . the child wanted to be a plastic surgeon.

Huh?

So, by the same train of thought, if she wanted to be a brain surgeon, you'd let her have a lobotomy?

OMG! The woman looks like a clown with that make-up so it was hard to take her seriously, but WOW . . . just WOW!
    JulieAnn and JavaJo like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I tend to see Anderson as a child in an adult body. It is easier to watch him at night, and I don't really watch him then, either.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    If John Travolta is gay, I can understand why he would choose to keep it to himself. Many families have secrets that they conspire, across generations, to keep. It's their choice, and their business.
    I understand people want to keep things private, but he is a married man and, if it is true, flashing his thing at a man or a woman for sex is just wrong. Then don't be married!

What's sad is when religion, any religion, makes people be who they aren't and forces them to live a lie. You can't do that because the you is still there... you might be able to hide things for a while, but eventually you slip up. I think Scientology is famous for people living a lie. I think alot of things are said at these auditing sessions that are held over people's heads, especially the rich and famous in exchange for money and spreading the word.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I tend to see Anderson as a child in an adult body. It is easier to watch him at night, and I don't really watch him then, either.
    Same here. He is way too giggly for my taste. I did see the loony guest about surgery, she was like that on another show. So he knew what she was like I am sure.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I understand people want to keep things private, but he is a married man and flashing thing at a man or a woman for sex is just wrong. Then don't be married! Now that is if the allegations are true.

What's sad is when religion, and I have a feeling Scientology (not a religion though) is in the forefront for this, makes people be who they aren't and forces them to live a lie. You can't do that because the you is still there... you might be able to hide things for a while, but eventually you slip up.
    The allegations are pretty out there. I have tried to read them with an open mind, it looks like shake down to me. I mean one masseuse said he definitely asked for a male .When I have a massage, here or on holiday I always ask for a female. I am not gay
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The allegations are pretty out there. I have tried to read them with an open mind, it looks like shake down to me. I mean one masseuse said he definitely asked for a male .When I have a massage, here or on holiday I always ask for a female. I am not gay
    That is why I said if they are true. These rumors have circulated for years about him. I hope they are not true as he is doing his spouse a disservice.

Now I am hearing that Jim Parsons is gay. Big surprise-- not. Never mattered to me, he is funny, he seems like a nice guy, I love his show. He is private but he isn't trying to show himself off as something he is not. I don't need to know someone's sex life whether they are straight or gay.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    That is why I said if they are true. These rumors have circulated for years about him. I hope they are not true as he is doing his spouse a disservice.

Now I am hearing that Jim Parsons is gay. Big surprise-- not. Never mattered to me, he is funny, he seems like a nice guy, I love his show. He is private but he isn't trying to show himself off as something he is not. I don't need to know someone's sex life whether they are straight or gay.
    I thought Jim Parsons had come out a while ago.I guess not. As for Travolta's wife, she seems happy in her life. She appears to love him and their family very much.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread