Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I googled her and she is lovely.
    Pretty striking isn't she?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I googled her and she is lovely.
    I thought sure she was going to win this season of ANTM.

Obviously, it's Raven's choice to come out or not, but if I was a lesbian and I was dating Azmarie, I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. She's hot!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Awww, I've always liked Johnny Depp. Like any actor, I don't love every movie he's ever made, but Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, and Donny Brasco are among my favorite movies. I also liked What's Eating Gilbert Grape and the first pirate movie (the others were annoying). I like that he's always been willing to take chances with oddball roles, doing what he liked. I was disappointed that he allowed himself to overdo the pirate movies. I think in earlier times he would have walked away after the first one, but maybe the lure of all the $$$ was too much to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    Awww, I've always liked Johnny Depp. Like any actor, I don't love every movie he's ever made, but Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, and Donny Brasco are among my favorite movies. I also liked What's Eating Gilbert Grape and the first pirate movie (the others were annoying). I like that he's always been willing to take chances with oddball roles, doing what he liked. I was disappointed that he allowed himself to overdo the pirate movies. I think in earlier times he would have walked away after the first one, but maybe the lure of all the $$$ was too much to ignore.
    I loved, loved, loved him in Ed Wood. It was the one role of his that I did not find him attractive, because I don't think Ed Wood was particularly attractive. He had the right combination of smarminess, delusion but still heart in his relationship with Bela Lugosi.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Nick Stahl Reaches Out to Friends via Email

Missing "Terminator 3" star Nick Stahl has reached out to friends via email, TMZ has learned, telling them he's ok and pledging to go to rehab.

According to our sources, Stahl emailed friends yesterday and apologized for scaring them. We're told Stahl told friends he was getting treatment and would be out of contact for the next 30 days.

Our sources say Stahl's friends and family hope he's telling the truth ... but they are skeptical.

We're told that Stahl's wife, the one who reported him missing, was not on the email.

Update

A rep for the LAPD tells TMZ the missing persons case will remain open for now -- an email is not enough for them to close the file on it.
    Nick Stahl Reaches Out to Friends via Email | TMZ.com

This doesn't sound good. I hope he's okay and not just on a bender.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I don't think it sounds good either Critical. Especially the parts where he only contacted his friends (as opposed to his wife), did it via email, and was generally "eh, whatever" about it all.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought it was interesting that a man on skidrow said that he had seen him there (on skidrow) recently. Maybe yes, maybe no; the problem is you just don't know.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sounds like he actually is in rehab: Nick Stahl Checks in to Rehab | TMZ.com

I hope it works.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am soooo sick of seeing/hearing about the Will Smith incident where the male reporter tried to kiss him on the lips when he was working some sort of promotional red carpet-like event, and Will pushed him away and slapped his cheek. They've only been running this stupid clip for 2-3 days, everytime you look up. Enough, already! Why do they have to show it over, and over, and over, and over again?? WHO CARES??? These people need to go out and get real jobs.
    Florimel, JulieAnn and ilja like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am soooo sick of seeing/hearing about the Will Smith incident where the male reporter tried to kiss him on the lips when he was working some sort of promotional red carpet-like event, and Will pushed him away and slapped his cheek. They've only been running this stupid clip for 2-3 days, everytime you look up. Enough, already! Why do they have to show it over, and over, and over, and over again?? WHO CARES??? These people need to go out and get real jobs.
    What's so newsworthy about that?
    If someone I didn't know (Male or Female) came up & tried kissing me on the lips they'd be lucky if all they got is a push away & minor slap on the cheek. I'm thinking stomp on the foot, knee to the groin, elbow to the solar plexus, etc.
    mom2, ness, libgirl2 and 5 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread