+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    But only for 4 episodes.

I never cared about Travolta's sexuality and I still really don't. My only problem would be if he IS gay he's created this whole subterfuge to hide it and brought a bunch of other people into the lie. I just don't have respect for that. It's different from just not speaking about your sexuality. I guess that's his business and his wife's business, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of the statement it makes about being gay. If you go to that much trouble to hide your sexuality, what does that say about how you feel about gays? Scientology is probably anti-gay as well
    I think JT is long past being considered a sex symbol, IMO. It's not like being gay has hurt actors like Matt Bomer or Neil Patrick Harris or many others. Amber Heard is a rising star and her sexual orientation isn't hurting her ability to get sexy bombshell roles. If nothing else, she can break down some stereotypes about how some people think all lesbians look.
    Thats is a problem when people have a family and lead a lie, nowadays you don't really need to... just look at Neil or Amber. However I have heard she is having a thing with Johnny Depp.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Thats is a problem when people have a family and lead a lie, nowadays you don't really need to... just look at Neil or Amber. However I have heard she is having a thing with Johnny Depp.
    I thought she had a girlfriend but hey, when it comes to Johnny Depp, I think gay, straight, whatever, it all goes out the window!

There have been rumors for years about Will Smith and Jada that they're both beards for each other. Whatever. I think it's stupid, but I guess that's their business if it's true. I have a problem with someone pretending to be straight and keeping up that pretense with a spouse. I know I wouldn't do it knowingly - I mean, marry a man who was gay to help him keep up appearances. For me, life's too short for all that b.s.! I can't imagine finding out that my whole marriage was a lie. It would be bad enough being ME and having that happen. What a nightmare to be in the public eye and have it happen!
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    However I have heard she is having a thing with Johnny Depp.
    Who hasn't had a thing with Johnny Depp
    BlondeOne likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy View Post
    I agree, those times were different, and I wouldn't have expected Hepburn or any of the other stars of that time to make any public announcements about their sexuality. They were under contract to the big studios who controlled what was printed about them (almost impossible to do now). I guess my point was, regardless if that bio had any truth to it, that information doesn't change my perception of her or the great legacy of entertainment she left us in her movies, nor does the lurid gossip about Travolta or Cruise change my enjoyment of their performances in several (but not all) of their movies.
    One of the guys that alleged something about JT , just dropped his charges the dates were all messed up. Wonder if that was the nerd from sixteen years ago.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Me!
    I'm probably the only woman in the world that doesn't find him appealing....but I do find him to be a fabulous actor.
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.

I don't think Johnny Depp gets around that much. He's mainly been in long-term relationships - Winona, Juliette Lewis, Kate Moss and now Vanessa (can't accuse him of not having a type, can you? ). Haven't heard any rumors about him whoring around town. I hadn't heard the rumors about him and Amber Heard until it was mentioned upthread. I'd be surprised if it was true. He's been in France with his family for what, ten years? Maybe he's doing it over there.

I just think he's a cool guy and a great actor. He could have easily fallen into the Tom Cruise/heartthrob trap and done the same role over and over again but, instead, he made lots of really interesting choices.
    libgirl2, Hyper, Rattus and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a thing with him.
    captain and BlondeOne like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought she had a girlfriend but hey, when it comes to Johnny Depp, I think gay, straight, whatever, it all goes out the window!

There have been rumors for years about Will Smith and Jada that they're both beards for each other. Whatever. I think it's stupid, but I guess that's their business if it's true. I have a problem with someone pretending to be straight and keeping up that pretense with a spouse. I know I wouldn't do it knowingly - I mean, marry a man who was gay to help him keep up appearances. For me, life's too short for all that b.s.! I can't imagine finding out that my whole marriage was a lie. It would be bad enough being ME and having that happen. What a nightmare to be in the public eye and have it happen!
    I agree with you, life it too short to be a beard. There is not enough money in the world that would make me enter a relationship under false pretenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Me!
    I'm probably the only woman in the world that doesn't find him appealing....but I do find him to be a fabulous actor.
    No , its not just you I think he's wimpy little thing. I have never seen the allure. His last two movies I saw were downright boring
    mom2 and its_glinda_now like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

REF. Johnny Depp. I have never cared for him either. I do not get why women are crazy over him. ??? i only like two movies he's been in. They are What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Blow. Average actor IMO and how did he get a British accent? He was born in Kentucky and grew up in Florida. LOL

+ Reply to Thread