+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I agree with so much of what's been posted.

I really like Solange Knowles outfit and her hair was amazing. I wish when mine went poofy it would sit as nice!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    ETA: I think Beyonce's dress was good for the event but it would have worked a little better if the underlayment was closer to her actual skin tone. The "illusion" would have been more complete.
    I'm, admittedly, not a Beyonce fan, but I hated that dress. I thought it was tacky. In contrast, I thought Rooney Mara's dress hit a better balance with the see-through element.

There were too many women wearing that bright acid-y yellow that I just don't like and that I don't think really looks good on anyone.

Gwenyth Paltrow has a great body, but I thought that dress was just too bare for that event. I love Elizabeth Banks, but didn't like her dress. It just wasn't flattering, especially from the side. I thought Amber Heard looked fabulous, as did Emma Stone and Amy Adams. I also liked Mia Wasikowska. She looked so Katherine Hepburn.

I tend to like the ones that are riskier - I actually liked Florence Welch's dress on her. On anyone else, I probably wouldn't have liked it. I enjoyed the crazy ones more than the dresses worn by Cameron Diaz and Rhianna. It's a gala for the fashion institute, so I like to see people kick it up a notch and really go for it. As long as it fits and is flattering, I'll go along for the ride!

As always, Mary-Kate Olsen looked like a long lost member of the Addams family.

There were so many dresses that I wanted to see in person. I'm sure that so many of them were just beautifully made. I would have loved to get a look at them up close! That Schiaparelli and Prada show sounds amazing!

Has Vera Wang always been that horribly thin or is that a new thing? She looks so frail.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

In case anyone is interested, People has a good (although not comprehensive) slideshow of some of the Gala attendees: Met Gala 2012: Beyonce, Lea Michele : People.com
    There are lots of sites with pics, but I think People had good quality ones.

I hadn't seen pictures of Leslie Bibb before this. That dress was stunning. I especially liked the line of the bodice. Kind of unexpected and a beautiful color. I don't think Christina Ricci looked great (she's gotten too thin, IMO, and her foundation was too light), but the dress was amazing! It might have been wearing her a bit, but wow. Amazing!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Thats is good site to see them .Although I am still not overly enthused by many

I saw Cameron Diaz on TV last night, the back of that dress was very low cut and she looked stunning .Renee Zellwegger got it right( and she seldom does)

I didn't like Beyonces dress. Gwyneth looked better on TV than in photos
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thank you for posting the pictures.

I was confused why Gwenyth would choose to wear that.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What the heck is this mess John Travolta is going through???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The MET is all about wearing things that you may not typically wear to any other event. I think some of the celebs get that, but sometimes I wish they would go more out there than they do!
    Critical likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Instead of working for a living like the rest of us, some people decide to sue celebrities to make their money. Some make up outright lies, some grossly exaggerate, some have some bit of truth but are still just looking for money & scandal.
    Any way you look at it, unless something really dreadful was done, these people (the suers) are scum.
    I hope Travolta sues them back & ruins their lives.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Another one of those "with this much smoke, there almost has to be fire" situations. I read through the court document yesterday. Pretty graphic. Pretty sleazy behavior being reported.

Not surprised at all. Even if those specific allegations are false, I'm sure there are some true ones coming. There have been rumors about him for decades now. Eventually someone was going to talk. The fact that Scientology is a super-homophobic organization (I refuse to call that bunch of wackos a religion) means he'll never admit it. Neither him nor Tom Cruise will ever come out.

I'm sure there are stories about a lot of stars that would, as they say, curl your hair! Some of the blind items I've read on various entertainment blogs are pretty horrifying, even they're only half-true. There are a lot of celebs whose careers would be ruined if those kinds of stories came out about them. I don't doubt that many of the public personas of various stars are cleverly crafted and total b.s. Remember ladies' man Rock Hudson?
    JunkieGirl and JavaJo like this.

+ Reply to Thread