+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4627Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

There's a Canadian gossip site that I read and the person who writes was at the Gala 4 years ago. During it, she said that she was "dressed down" by Anna W. Can you imagine?!

There were a lot of very interesting statement dresses. I think I've seen almost all of the outfits. Now Anja Rubik knows how to pull a Jolie leg!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't know where to put this but The Bachelor's Chris Harrison and his wife have separated after a marriage of 19 years.
    Ha, maybe he'll be on The Bachelor in the future as the bachelor instead of the host! That would be too ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Really really fugly!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Really really fugly!!
    It's really not Oscar material, but there are actually several that I really like this year as well as some that should be burned!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    There's a Canadian gossip site that I read and the person who writes was at the Gala 4 years ago. During it, she said that she was "dressed down" by Anna W. Can you imagine?!

There were a lot of very interesting statement dresses. I think I've seen almost all of the outfits. Now Anja Rubik knows how to pull a Jolie leg!
    I don't think that's a small group - I mean the people who've been dressed down by Anna Wintour! A friend of mine was a journalist writing about design when Anna was coming up in the business. Even then, apparently, she acted like the Queen of Sheba. The stories Tim Gunn told about her in his last book were just embarrassing. Of course, she doesn't have the sense to be embarrassed about requiring several men to carry her down numerous flights of stairs after a fashion show because she couldn't walk in her shoes. A normal, sane person wouldn't even think of asking people to do something like that!

I looked at some pics of the gala this morning and thought there were some fabulous dresses! Of course, some people took it too far into the "costume" area, but I didn't see too many that I thought were horrid. I actually enjopy it when people take some risks. At an event like that, I find basic black gowns really boring. I'd rather see someone be daring and fail than see a bunch of people play it safe. If you're going to go for it, that's the right event!

Looking at the pics also confirmed for me that, if I were to ever go to the gala, I would look like a wildebeast next to all those teeny little actresses and models. I'll bet many of them hadn't eaten for a week!

I found Anna Ruik's jutting hip bone kind upsetting. Ick.
    Supermodel Anja Rubik -- The Nearly X-Rated Jolie Leg! | TMZ.com
    canadian_angel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I really liked the yellow strapless with the peplum. There was another almost copy, but from a better known designer that had black strips on the bodice. I heard on Fashion Star that this year's Spring/Summer color was to be yellow and those two dresses stood out for me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    It's really not Oscar material, but there are actually several that I really like this year as well as some that should be burned!
    Who wore the gold number from head to toe, she looked like Oscar. I will have to take another look.There are always good and bad.
    -Andy Rooney-

Florence Welch and Sarah Jessica Parker were the worst IMNSHO!!

Also, for a "fashion designer" Rachel Zoe looked horrid. Really - if that's what she thinks looks good on her, how exactly is she qualified to determine what looks good on others?

The other stuff is supposed to be outre so I didn't really mind. In fact, I thought it was a bit tame compared to previous years.
    I found Anna Ruik's jutting hip bone kind upsetting. Ick.
    Yeah - Nasty.

ETA: I think Beyonce's dress was good for the event but it would have worked a little better if the underlayment was closer to her actual skin tone. The "illusion" would have been more complete.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

SJP had some sort of dowdy flowery thing on. Sex and the city it wasn't LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread