+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

On another subject, has anyone else wondered if Mel Gibson has somehow lost all his marbles?? I'm not really a fan of his...he's just "there" like many other celebs. But with all his rants that have been taped, including this last one with Joe Esterhaus...he doesn't seem like there are any normal brain cells left in his head. Just weird. I'm assuming that he was somewhat normal because we never really heard about anything outrageous in the past...then he leaves his wife, goes on a drunk racist rant, the horrible stuff he screamed/threatened with his next wife, and now this....It's like a real life Invasion of the Body Snatchers and he grew from a pod.
    Mel needs help ( big time) He needs anger management, he needs something for depression, or bipolar, he needs to be treated, and not for the usual 2 weeks. He is not a fan of mine, but these tapes that keep coming out of him, suggest this man is in danger of doing real harm to someone imho.
    JunkieGirl and bee stung lips like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Needs shock therapy is more like it. Needs to realign his synapses and cells! I doubt that anger management would do anything for him, at all.
    Florimel and norealityhere like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think it's gorgeous! and I don't care what they spend their money on. They've certainly have oodles to spend.

On another subject, has anyone else wondered if Mel Gibson has somehow lost all his marbles?? I'm not really a fan of his...he's just "there" like many other celebs. But with all his rants that have been taped, including this last one with Joe Esterhaus...he doesn't seem like there are any normal brain cells left in his head. Just weird. I'm assuming that he was somewhat normal because we never really heard about anything outrageous in the past...then he leaves his wife, goes on a drunk racist rant, the horrible stuff he screamed/threatened with his next wife, and now this....It's like a real life Invasion of the Body Snatchers and he grew from a pod.
    Mel's been a nutter for a long time, it just hasn't been publicized. A friend's husband used to work for The Tonight Show and I have several other friends in the business and there have been unflattering stories about him around town for years. I think his wife was a somewhat stabilizing influence, but she finally came to her senses and got out.

He and his wife stayed together as long as they did because they're Catholic. The media always touted them as this super close couple who did everything together. Well, if your husband can't keep his pants up and you don't believe in divorce, you become a human chastity belt. That woman deserved hazardous duty pay.
    JunkieGirl, Florimel and JulieAnn like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'd rather they spend a million on a ring as opposed to a million on drugs, as some celebs do. If I had their money...omg...I would have jewelry, purses, and shoes coming out my ears.
    Me too! I'm especially weak for jewelry...doesn't have to be expensive stuff, but I would have new earrings and bracelets for every day of the week. I'd be fixing and/or replacing some other things as well.
    JavaJo likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Mel needs help ( big time) He needs anger management, he needs something for depression, or bipolar, he needs to be treated, and not for the usual 2 weeks. He is not a fan of mine, but these tapes that keep coming out of him, suggest this man is in danger of doing real harm to someone imho.
    I've felt this way for a while now. While he gets so much distain from some people I see a guy with some serious problems that need help.
    I hear (or have heard) so much positive about him & things he's done. He's obviously talented & intellegent. But yet this awful shocking side comes out of the blue every so often. I really believe he's bipolar & alcoholic & just can't get a grip on them. I agree his wife was probably a huge stabilizing force for him. Once they separated is when everything fell apart. She still has a lot of positive & supportive things to say about him. I think she knows all about his issues but just couldn't stay with him, especially after it all started coming out & she and their family was humiliated by him.
    I think there's still a decent guy in there who wants back out, but his demons have taken over.

The guy needs major & extended treatment, & a strong support system.
    I feel really sorry for him.
    MiaT2 and bee stung lips like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Robin Gibb

If I really loved someone....not to say that they don't....I sure wouldn't want him to be back in the middle of misery, but we are all different, I guess.

Robin Gibb's family tries to 'bring him back' from coma
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Needs shock therapy is more like it. Needs to realign his synapses and cells! I doubt that anger management would do anything for him, at all.
    I dont take mental illness lighly. I think anger management may help, or will only help. combined with other treatments.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well I still think a million dollars for a ring is obscene, I don''t care who gives it to who.
    On a personal level, I think spending any amount of money on an engagement ring* is silly, but that's just my taste. But the conceded rule on engagement ring value is, I believe, two months salary, so what Brad spent seems about right.

*Other things I find silly: designer shoes, designer bags, designer anything really, giant houses in the suburbs, styled hair, big sunglasses (unless one is skiing), cars that cost more than $25,000 brand new, and weekly shopping trips to the big box malls. But chacun son got, I always say.
    shyra likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Robin Gibb

If I really loved someone....not to say that they don't....I sure wouldn't want him to be back in the middle of misery, but we are all different, I guess.

Robin Gibb's family tries to 'bring him back' from coma
    I see your point but maybe they just want another chance, possibly the last time, to say they love him.
    I didn't know about his now-marriage (or much of anything about him) but I found their situation very interesting and realized that I was glad that, though very unconventional their marriage is, they're smart enough to know that they love each other (in their own way) and stay close. They obviously need each other.
    To each his own, as long as no one is harmed, is something I really believe in.

Barry Gibb has been on hand & singing Bee Gees songs to Robin while he was in the coma.And, Robin has come out of the coma, it all seems rather miraculous, but there it is!

+ Reply to Thread