Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That ring is to die for!!!
    To live for maybe, I certainly wouldnt die for it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    A million dollars for an engagement ring seems indulgent. They intend to marry this summer, so I really don't see the point- jmho
    Maybe. But here's my thing - they have the money. The information is out there they are one of the most giving couples out there, as far as giving their money to charities. And they both put their money where their mouths are, so to speak, and actually get involved in charities and try to use their celebrity to get issues brought to the forefront. So I guess if they want to spend a million dollars on an engagement ring, so be it.
    prhoshay, waywyrd, MiaT2 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Maybe. But here's my thing - they have the money. The information is out there they are one of the most giving couples out there, as far as giving their money to charities. And they both put their money where their mouths are, so to speak, and actually get involved in charities and try to use their celebrity to get issues brought to the forefront. So I guess if they want to spend a million dollars on an engagement ring, so be it.
    I think the most giving, don't say a word about it. They just give.
    NCLurker and bee stung lips like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

When celebs give and publicize it, that can encourage more people to give. From all reports, Angelina donates at least half of her income to charity. Plus, she and Brad have established charities in each of the countries where their children were born (the children will oversee the charities when they are old enough). If they want to spend a million on an engagement ring - which Brad designed - then I say, good for them. They don't strike me as frivolous people and they're not 22 year old idiots who just met.

Apparently, the initial reports about Ryan O'Neal were not correct. He has stage 2 prostate cancer:
    Ryan O’Neal Says Stage 2 Prostate Cancer ‘Under Control’: ‘Nightline’ Exclusive - ABC News
    According to the article, he's also got a melanoma on his nose. He's had a rough couple of years with Farrah passing and his son in and out of rehab and prison. I hope he can beat this.
    dagwood, Rattus and KatesMom like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well I still think a million dollars for a ring is obscene, I don''t care who gives it to who.
    -Andy Rooney-

I'd rather they spend a million on a ring as opposed to a million on drugs, as some celebs do. If I had their money...omg...I would have jewelry, purses, and shoes coming out my ears.
    KatesMom likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'd rather they spend a million on a ring as opposed to a million on drugs, as some celebs do. If I had their money...omg...I would have jewelry, purses, and shoes coming out my ears.
    Not me. I'd have a dandy retirement fund though. I'd look after my future with the assumption that the incoming money could stop abruptly at any time.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How other people spend their money is no one's business and should not be judged. I sure don't want anyone meddling in my bank account! My grandma was right, doggoneit! "Never discuss your money with ANYBODY!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That ring is to die for!!!
    Gawd, really. I think it's hideous. The stones looks like pieces of cut glass. Of course I know they aren't, but I don't like the look of it. I guess I'm more of a princess cut gal, myself. Guess as long as she's happy with it.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I think it's gorgeous! and I don't care what they spend their money on. They've certainly have oodles to spend.

On another subject, has anyone else wondered if Mel Gibson has somehow lost all his marbles?? I'm not really a fan of his...he's just "there" like many other celebs. But with all his rants that have been taped, including this last one with Joe Esterhaus...he doesn't seem like there are any normal brain cells left in his head. Just weird. I'm assuming that he was somewhat normal because we never really heard about anything outrageous in the past...then he leaves his wife, goes on a drunk racist rant, the horrible stuff he screamed/threatened with his next wife, and now this....It's like a real life Invasion of the Body Snatchers and he grew from a pod.

+ Reply to Thread