+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4587Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Yeah I mean, 4 years is a long time. Anything can happen in 4 years. So give me a break.

I don't know anybody that buys this crap either. It's too bad me and my mom always see the issues when we line up at the cashier at the store. We share the same opinion.

I wouldn't put any stock in them. If their headlines were true, Pamela Anderson would have been dead years ago, President Kennedy is still alive, & there's a Bat Boy running around out there somewhere.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Obviously, they sell enough of them to keep cranking them out. I always look at the front page if I am waiting in the checkout line, but they don't get my money. I am just not celebrity (or alien)-driven. I will admit to snatching up the little soap opera magazines if I am waiting in line, but I don't give them my money, either. I make the stores pay for making me wait in line!!
    Bunny555 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    there's a Bat Boy running around out there somewhere.
    He's with Elvis.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Looks like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are officially engaged.

Jolie-Pitt engagement certain to fuel media frenzy - Boston.com
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And...on the list of "People Who Have Fallen On Seriously Hard Times".....

Ryan O'Neal has been diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer; I'd say "somebody" has not been keeping up with his medical check-ups.

Robin Gibb is in a pneumonia coma, and his family is at his bedside...not a good sign.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Robin Gibb has looked very ill for quite some time. He's been rumored to have cancer that has metastasized.

As for Ryan O'Neal, it's not uncommon for men to not get their PSA test done regularly. I think that men hear so often that Prostate cancer is slow growing and that they really won't die of it, but it's not true. I saw the story on People.com and he said that a) it was stage 4 and b) he was grateful that they caught it early. Kind of a head-scratcher. There isn't a stage 5. Stage 4 is metastatic cancer and the survival rate is pretty low. I hope he'll recover, but the prognosis for stage 4 for most cancers is not great.

I just did a quick google and found this list of famous men who died of prostate cancer (there are many more):
    Merv Griffin
    Dan Fogelberg
    Bill Bixby
    Telly Savalas
    Frank Zappa
    Earl Woods (Tiger Woods' Dad)
    Bobby Riggs
    Johnny Ramone
    Steve Ross (CEO Time-Warner)
    Men, get your annual PSA test! (from the daughter of a prostate cancer survivor)
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Looks like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are officially engaged.

Jolie-Pitt engagement certain to fuel media frenzy - Boston.com
    It's hard for me to believe but once I was really interested in Celebrity Gossip...used to read People magazine, etc. But now only I feel only repugnance.

I know that's a harsh word but it's true. I'm not sure if it's old age (on my part) or if the world has changed and/or celebs have done such low class, disgusting things that it's no longer interesting.

When I was young, I remember scrambling and hiding some of those movie mags (Photoplay, Modern Screen) behind another magazine so I could read all about the "scandals" when I had to get a haircut. Hardly scandalous any more!! Is anything scandalous in the world we live in now?

As for Brad and Angie, and all the rest of them, who cares anymore? Thought they were going to wait until Everybody could get married (i.e., gays). So much for that vow, huh?

and yes, why the heck do I come to this thread???
    cablejockey and libgirl2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    As for Brad and Angie, and all the rest of them, who cares anymore? Thought they were going to wait until Everybody could get married (i.e., gays). So much for that vow, huh?
    According to an interview with Brad, the kids have been pushing for them to get married. It's kinda hard to ignore your kids!
    MiaT2 likes this.

I thought the very same thing

I am sorry to hear about Robin Gibb and Ryan O'Neil
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread