+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4538Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I saw National Enquirer today saying Oprah has 2 years to live. And a while ago they said Chaz Bono has 4 years to live. And before that they said other celebrities had x years to live. What should be the thoughts on this?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hmm, she constantly talked about how much in Iove they were. Talk is cheap though.
    Things change and, sometimes, more quickly than you might think. Having been a victim of people's "magical, romantic thinking", I know that people should not put others on that tiny, romantic pedestal. Pedestals are just so easy to fall from; there's not much room up there for maintaining your footing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Things change and, sometimes, more quickly than you might think. Having been a victim of people's "magical, romantic thinking", I know that people should not put others on that tiny, romantic pedestal. Pedestals are just so easy to fall from; there's not much room up there for maintaining your footing.
    I thought she was a little over the top whenever I heard her speak about their relationship. ( I am not a big fan of hers)

I like Seal, I certainly wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating cookies. OTOH maybe he isn't easy to live with. Good luck to them both
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Let's just say that everybody, no matter how good we might think they look, has disgusting dirty underwear and crappy habits! Just ask their mates!!
    NCLurker and YorkieMom like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Let's just say that everybody, no matter how good we might think they look, has disgusting dirty underwear and crappy habits! Just ask their mates!!
    Except my dad. Sorry, had to say that.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hmm, she constantly talked about how much in Iove they were. Talk is cheap though.
    I think they were in love with each other but apparently, Seal has a huge temper and then goes very distant for a long time....I think sometimes you can't live with certain behaviors...and sometimes (like in my history) a parent's anger/bad moods etc ultimately damages the kids. We don't know if the kids were sometimes the ones that the outrageous anger hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think they were in love with each other but apparently, Seal has a huge temper and then goes very distant for a long time....I think sometimes you can't live with certain behaviors...and sometimes (like in my history) a parent's anger/bad moods etc ultimately damages the kids. We don't know if the kids were sometimes the ones that the outrageous anger hurt.
    Plus, people do just fall out of love. It doesn't mean that they weren't in love to begin with. Sometimes, it just doesn't work out.
    dagwood likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I don't know them or if he has a temper. I wish them well. Its easier to be apart and happy, than together and sad.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I saw National Enquirer today saying Oprah has 2 years to live. And a while ago they said Chaz Bono has 4 years to live. And before that they said other celebrities had x years to live. What should be the thoughts on this?
    I find it both sad and creepy.... immoral and uncouth. I don't know a single person who buys these publications, so it is surprising to me that they make enough revenue to stay afloat.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I think it's absurd. No one can know for sure how much time anyone has left. Even doctors can only make educated estimates. Let's face it: we probably all know people who were given a year to live and lived much longer than that while others with better prognoses died much sooner than expected.

+ Reply to Thread