+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 1166 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970711111615611061 ... LastLast
Like Tree5216Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Lindsey Lohan Hasn't Had a Drink in a Week! :p

It's Tuesay, so I guess it's time for Lindsey Lohan's publicist to get his weekly Look-At-Lindsey press release out. Today's fare asks us to not believe what Lindsey herself used to proudly spout about herself:

From CNN:

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Lohan: I haven't had a drink in a week
    POSTED: 4:13 p.m. EST, December 12, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan says she's been going to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings for a year, but hasn't talked about it because "it's no one's business."

"I just left an AA meeting," the 20-year-old actress tells People magazine in a story posted Tuesday on its Web site.

"I haven't had a drink in seven days. Or anything," she says. "I'm not even legal to, so why would I? I don't drink when I go to clubs. I drink with my friends at home, but there's no need to. I feel better not drinking. It's more fun. I have Red Bull."

"I've been going to AA for a year by the way," Lohan adds. When asked why didn't she say so until recently, she replies: "Well it's no one's business. That's why it's anonymous!"

Her publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, didn't immediately respond Tuesday to a message from The Associated Press seeking comment.

The New York Post first reported sightings of Lohan at an AA meeting two weeks ago, and Zelnik later confirmed to the AP that Lohan had been attending meetings.

"I was off from work, I was getting ready to start a film, and I was like going out just to get it out of my system," Lohan tells People. "I was going out too much and I knew that, and I have more to live for than that."

Lohan would like to make headlines for her movie roles, which include "Freaky Friday," "Herbie Fully Loaded," "A Prairie Home Companion" and "Bobby."

"I was like, 'I don't want to be written about at these clubs with these people,' " she says. "I work, I act, I have a living. That's what I do every day. I work every single day."
    The quote she gives that's supposed to be the proof she doesn't drink: "I'm not even legal to, so why would I? I don't drink when I go to clubs. I drink with my friends at home, but there's no need to. I feel better not drinking. It's more fun. I have Red Bull." Yeah, riiiiiiight. Aside from the very publicly documented facts and photos that prove she's been drinking in clubs for a few years, and her own previous admissions to it, her sentence doesn't even make sense. "I drink with my friends at home, but there's no need to." Um, huh? So on one hand she says she hasn't had a drink in a week, then turns around and says she drinks with friends at home even tho there's no need to.

Lucky for these Hollywood ick-girls that an IQ test doesn't have to be passed for membership.

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I know, Nem. And I think it's funny that she now spouts that she's been attending AA meetings for a year as if we're supposed to commend her for it? Alright, Lindsay, good job... you've been going to meetings for a year and in that time we've seen you looking more under the influence than ever, have gotten into several car accidents while allegedly under the influence, and have gotten publicly reprimanded by a boss for your partying's effect on your job performance. Kudos to you.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Peter Boyle (Everybody Loves Raymond), dead at 71

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/146984....ntentId=257655

RIP

Actor Peter Boyle Passes

NEW YORK (CBS) -- CBS News is reporting the death of Peter Boyle, the prolific film, stage and TV actor. A publicist confirms Boyle died at Presbyterian Hospital in New York after a long battle with multiple myeloma and heart disease.

He may best be known for his work on the TV sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond" and for his work in the movies "Taxi Driver" and "Young Frankenstein." He received critical acclaim playing a foul-mouthed bigot in the 1970 movie "Joe."

The Emmy Award-winning actor was born in Philadelphia and once taught drama in Pittsburgh. He was an alumnus of the Second City troupe in Chicago. Peter Boyle was 71. He is survived by his wife Loraine and daughters Lucy and Amy. Funeral arrangements will be announced shortly

Oh man He was like the grouchy old grampa I never had. But always kinda wanted
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Aw, I hate to hear that. I've always liked him.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Now they can't do a sequel to Young Frankenstein!

Actually, I think Brad Garrett could play the Monster these days.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I really loved his caracter on Everybody loves Ray. May he R.I.P.

I liked him on Everybody loves Raymond. Sorry about hearing of his death.

I was sad to read this.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Awww...I'm sorry to hear of that...I wasn't a big fan of "Everybody loves Raymond" but I hate to hear of his passing.... R.I.P.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread