+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4601Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The ABC studio chief (or the man who was studio chief at the time) testified today that he signed off on the decision to kill off Nicolette's character 4 months before it happened. Part of NS's suit asserts that Marc Cherry killed her off our of spite, so there's that shot down.

I don't see how someone could make a show that essentially revolves around women and be accused of hating women. I think he sometimes hates his viewers, based on the quality of the writing on that show, but that's another matter.
    Rattus, Uncle David and KatesMom like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    That is the honest impression I've always had of him. That he hates women. I guess thats why I don't like him very much and never did.
    You are not the first to think this, I have read numerous little things that suggest he seems to dislike them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think her main argument is that her reaction to the slap - which was in the context of a rehearsal - caused him to write her off the show. If I remember correctly, she was written off a few weeks later. I doubt something like that could be planned so quickly because it's not just one show - that would affect many subsequent episodes as well. I think that this is just sour grapes. It's one thing if he just slapped her, but in the context of a rehearsal, I think it's different. Can any actor/stunt person/etc. rehearsing a fight scene or a scene where he/she physically touches another actor be charged with assault? I don't think so

I think her character was played out and her exit had been planned for a while and she's not happy about losing a big source of income. It's not like she's got tons of job offers pouring in. Maybe she was embarrassed by the incident, but to go off and file a lawsuit seems an overreaction to me.
    Someone else may have already answered this - but if it was an accident, the answer is no. Assault and battery, in the legal sense, require intent. If it was an accident, there was no intent to hit (for battery) or intent to intimidate (for assault). In the absence of it being an accident - consent is also a defense. If we are rehearsing a scene that calls for you to touch me - if I know that going in to the scene and I don't oppose the scene, there is an implication that I have consented to you touching me. If the touching goes beyond what is called for - well, that may or may not be another story, depending on where you touch me and your intent.
    Bunny555 and Fanny Mare like this.

I don't see how someone could make a show that essentially revolves around women and be accused of hating women. I think he sometimes hates his viewers, based on the quality of the writing on that show, but that's another matter.
    I know he's super close to his momma, so I can't see him 'hating' women. He's said before that he created this show for her. That's kind of the opposite of hate IMO.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Nicolette Sheridan's case has been on the news every day here.
    I do think Mr. Cherry is not innocent in this matter.
    Also, He / others said they fired her due to cost containment, etc.
    We all know they soon brought on Dana Delany and Vanessa Williams. I'm sure neither came cheap.
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What I do find amazing is that whenever a woman comes forth and claims abuse, assault, etc. the public often attacks her in some way, like she is lying or deserved it or something. I find that disturbing. Even when it's clearly proven that the assault occured, it's often turned around and the women is somehow to blame. I wonder why that is often the first reaction from much of the public.
    I can't answer for every woman but I usually base my opinion on how a person has presented themselves throughout their careers but then I know very little about Mark Cherry. So it's hard to decide what the real case is. I would hate to think people would distrust her claims just because she's a woman.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Nicolette Sheridan's case has been on the news every day here.
    I do think Mr. Cherry is not innocent in this matter.
    Also, He / others said they fired her due to cost containment, etc.
    We all know they soon brought on Dana Delany and Vanessa Williams. I'm sure neither came cheap.
    It could be that they wanted those two, so had to cut costs somewhere to have them. I wasn't in the room when the incident happened, so I can't pass judgement either way.
    Count your blessings!

hate comes in various forums. Most men who I have heard about or know who hate women, tend to obsess about them. Lets be honest, hating women isn't a healthy thing. I think he hates women and is obsessed with them and likes to point things out that are not needed to. JMO of course. How petty they can be or dramtic they can be.

He has also said many times the relantionship with bree and andrew when they were fighting was based on him and his mother. That doesn't seem like a loving relantionship to me. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I know he's super close to his momma, so I can't see him 'hating' women. He's said before that he created this show for her. That's kind of the opposite of hate IMO.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread