+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4602Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I thought I heard that he slapped her....not punched her. Those are 2 different things, to say the least, not that either would be OK if done inappropriately. I need more details; what I'm hearing/have heard is too flimsy info upon which to take a side/stance.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought I heard that he slapped her....not punched her. Those are 2 different things, to say the least, not that either would be OK if done inappropriately. I need more details; what I'm hearing/have heard is too flimsy info upon which to take a side/stance.
    I recently read an article that says that is apparently part of Marc's claims - that she has continued to embellish and exaggerate what happened. Not that it is ever ok to hit a woman. That being said, at least according to Marc, they were in a meeting and he was walking through a scene with her, explaining what was going to happen. The scene called for her to get slapped, so he made the motion and was standing too close and accidentally made contact. Take it for what you will - I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened. But that is his claim - that yes, he made contact, but it was an accident as he was describing a scene to her, and she has since then milked it for all it is worth and turned it into this big beating.

I dont think she is doing herself any favours, regarding more work. Although I dont know what she has done since ( or before) DHW .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not sure why the other cast members testimony would matter. The defendant admitted making contact with her face. I guess the jury will decide if it was a battery and what her damages are. I don't know much about her. I only watched the show for season one.

What I do find amazing is that whenever a woman comes forth and claims abuse, assault, etc. the public often attacks her in some way, like she is lying or deserved it or something. I find that disturbing. Even when it's clearly proven that the assault occured, it's often turned around and the women is somehow to blame. I wonder why that is often the first reaction from much of the public.

I believe she was on Knots landing before she was on DH. Before DH's I don't remember seeing her anything. She was pretty much a has been before she got the gig on DH's and is pretty much one now she is off the show.

With that said, I'm on her side on this one. I don't know, the show's exec seems pretty shady to me. She seems to be to be telling the truth. I'm on her side. Plain and simple.

Something about Marc Cherry has always seemed creepy to me and he has always given me the creeps. I wouldn't put it past him from what I have seen of him and based on my opinions of his character he seems like the type to do what she is claiming.

I keep saying "she" because honestly I have a hard time spelling her name.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Something about Marc Cherry has always seemed creepy to me and he has always given me the creeps. I wouldn't put it past him from what I have seen of him and based on my opinions of his character he seems like the type to do what she is claiming.
    I always thought( when I watched the show) he disliked women. I always got that feeling.

I saw him walk into court and I said the same thing, he looks even creepy!
    Debb70 and chicagodiva like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not sure why the other cast members testimony would matter. The defendant admitted making contact with her face. I guess the jury will decide if it was a battery and what her damages are. I don't know much about her. I only watched the show for season one.

What I do find amazing is that whenever a woman comes forth and claims abuse, assault, etc. the public often attacks her in some way, like she is lying or deserved it or something. I find that disturbing. Even when it's clearly proven that the assault occured, it's often turned around and the women is somehow to blame. I wonder why that is often the first reaction from much of the public.
    Bothersome to me that women can hate on other women, whether they know them or not, better than anybody I've ever seen. Frustrating. Sad society.
    JulieAnn, Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Bothersome to me that women can hate on other women, whether they know them or not, better than anybody I've ever seen. Frustrating. Sad society.
    That's very very true.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think her main argument is that her reaction to the slap - which was in the context of a rehearsal - caused him to write her off the show. If I remember correctly, she was written off a few weeks later. I doubt something like that could be planned so quickly because it's not just one show - that would affect many subsequent episodes as well. I think that this is just sour grapes. It's one thing if he just slapped her, but in the context of a rehearsal, I think it's different. Can any actor/stunt person/etc. rehearsing a fight scene or a scene where he/she physically touches another actor be charged with assault? I don't think so

I think her character was played out and her exit had been planned for a while and she's not happy about losing a big source of income. It's not like she's got tons of job offers pouring in. Maybe she was embarrassed by the incident, but to go off and file a lawsuit seems an overreaction to me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That is the honest impression I've always had of him. That he hates women. I guess thats why I don't like him very much and never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I always thought( when I watched the show) he disliked women. I always got that feeling.

I saw him walk into court and I said the same thing, he looks even creepy!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread