+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4939Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I really enjoyed G.I. Jane, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Demi Moore is an actress that plays roles that I could see any actress playing. There is nothing special about her other than her looks. I hope she gets the help she needs, but I wish she was out of the media because frankly I do not care about her or her misery at all other than I feel badly for the children.

The story of her going into a drug treatment clinic was one of the top news stories on tv last night and I live in Canada! Why this was considered a news story is beyond me. Her friends and family should have kept this quiet. When a friend is ill and needs help, its nobody's business, no matter how famous they are.
    Florimel likes this.

I read the story in People over the weekend. More than anything, I just feel pity for her. Here is a woman who has so much more than many of us in the world and she risks throwing it all away because of the lie that image is everything. The story talked about her doing stupider and stupider things trying to hold on to her much younger husband, and then hanging on and partying with her daughter - all to try and maintain the image that she is younger than she is. I hope that things have changed, but the article just talked about her being embarrassed that this information got out there, because it would ruin her image. Maybe others feel differently but for me, there is nothing sadder than seeing a woman who is trying to hold on to something that is gone. She was a very attractive woman, regardless of age. She had a rockin' body. I know she's not 20 anymore. So sad that she apparently doesn't.
    JunkieGirl and Fanny Mare like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think it points out that we, all, value different things....whether it makes sense to others, or not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Tonight I heard on E! that she's entering the same rehab Lindsay Lohan was in (though I'm not sure that's a great endorsement for the facility) to work on a set of problems, including an eating disorder. She's pretty much in seclusion and in contact with only a very small group of people. I thought that was perhaps a very good idea. If she's dealing with inter-related problems, the fewer people she's in contact with the better, because then she's more likely to stay focused on herself and what she needs to do for herself.

I just hope she stays in rehab as long as she needs to and isn't one of those revolving door rehab celebrities.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Robert Downey Jr. and wife Susan welcome son, Exton. Downey has another son with his former wife with the unusual name, Indio.

Robert Downey Jr. and Wife Susan Welcome Son Exton | Omg Goddess - Yahoo! omg!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I read the story in People over the weekend. More than anything, I just feel pity for her. Here is a woman who has so much more than many of us in the world and she risks throwing it all away because of the lie that image is everything. The story talked about her doing stupider and stupider things trying to hold on to her much younger husband, and then hanging on and partying with her daughter - all to try and maintain the image that she is younger than she is. I hope that things have changed, but the article just talked about her being embarrassed that this information got out there, because it would ruin her image. Maybe others feel differently but for me, there is nothing sadder than seeing a woman who is trying to hold on to something that is gone. She was a very attractive woman, regardless of age. She had a rockin' body. I know she's not 20 anymore. So sad that she apparently doesn't.
    In that regard I feel sorry for Demi & other celebrities as well.
    Wouldn't it be awful for every dumb thing you did to be made public & analyzed?
    And your looks to be so scrutinized that you can't go to the mailbox to get the mail without being all "done up" or you're picture would be plastered all over the Stars-Without-Makeup issue of the Enquirer as an example of ugliness.
    And every trip to the beach a potential Celebrity-Cellulite issue.

I think I'll stick with being a nobody who's aging is my own darned business (& I'll tell off anyone who says differently!)
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I like the name Exton. It's different, but feels old fashioned. For me, Indio was never that unusual - it's the name of a city in SoCal.

Nice to read some good news in this thread!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like the name Exton. I am happy for them

+ Reply to Thread