+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 1117 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960616263646566676869701101605601060 ... LastLast
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

"Mr. Snipes has been the victim of unscrupulous tax advisors," said another attorney, Billy Martin. "We look forward to his vindication when the facts come out. He has entered a plea of not guilty, and looks forward to proving his innocence in court. We will prove this in court, and not in the court of public opinion."
    There's only so much of a victim role that you can play when you don't pay taxes for over 5 years.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Wesley Snipes is probably happy that some people even recognize his name, let alone know if it's cleared or not.

see, even Daywalkers should remember to pay their taxes
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I have a real soft spot for men that are suckers for their children. And when I read about these celebrity tough guys that have completely melted with the birth of their children..... I just smile. I love it.

Love the last paragraph!

Matt Damon: Fatherhood "defies description"

Matt Damon and wife Luciana welcomed daughter Isabella six months ago, but the actor still has a hard time describing what it's like to be a dad.

"It's great, great. That's been just amazing," Damon said Friday at a press event for his movie The Good Shepherd. "It defies description, actually. I don't really know how to talk about it because I don't really know – I feel like I got made a member of a club that I didn't know existed."

Isabella is the first child for Damon, 36; Luciana, 30, has an 8-year-old daughter, Alexia, from a previous marriage.

"I didn't think that this would happen to me," Damon said. "Other people were always showing me baby pictures or trying to hand me the baby, and I was like, 'Get that thing away from me. I don't want to touch your kid. Give me a break.' But I'm totally into it now."

At first, he said, "I was kind of excited for my daughter to be 2. I was excited for her to start talking and walking and toddling around hanging out, but I didn't realize how much personality little people have right off the bat. So it's just been fun."

His favorite activity with his daughter, he said, is making her laugh. "You do this thing where you can either give her (a raspberry) on the stomach or if you sort of act like you're going to munch her underarm, and she laughs like a little machine gun. And it's like I could do it forever."

Nicole Richie charged with driving under influence

Dec 11, 2006 LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rail-thin reality TV star Nicole Richie was charged early on Monday with driving under the influence of drugs after she was seen going against traffic on a Southern California freeway, police said.

The predawn arrest of the 25-year-old "celebutante" co-star of "The Simple Life" came about six weeks after it was revealed that she had checked herself into a treatment facility to address weight-loss issues.

A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department report showed the 5-foot-1-inch actress weighed 85 pounds (39 kg) at the time of her booking.

Officer Todd Workman, a spokesman for the California Highway Patrol, said police encountered Richie at a standstill blocking the carpool lane on the Ventura Freeway in Burbank at about 1:45 a.m. He said the officers were responding to reports from other motorists of a driver going the wrong way on the busy highway.

Although Richie's car was pointed in the right direction when police found her, her black sports utility vehicle matched the description of an SUV seen entering the freeway against traffic nearby, Workman said.

Workman said Richie was placed under arrest after she failed a field sobriety test, and that she admitted to officers that she had taken the prescription painkiller Vicodin and smoked marijuana. A preliminary alcohol screening test was negative, he said.

According to Workman, Richie was alone in her vehicle and on the cell phone when police approached her. He described her as "very cooperative" and that she told police she had been following a friend on the freeway when she got lost.

Richie, who has previously undergone treatment for heroin addiction, was subsequently booked into jail on a DUI charge and was released a few hours later after posting $15,000 bail, authorities said.

Representatives for the daughter of singer Lionel Richie were not immediately available for comment.

Richie's publicists said in October that she had checked herself into a treatment facility to address her inability to gain weight but denied that the waif-like TV personality was suffering from an eating disorder.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=2716977

This girl needs serious help!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Someone posted that one under the Music thread, oddly enough. I agree, she needs some serious, serious help at this point. Vicodin, and pot, at her weight??

And, interestingly enough, with so much talk lately about how she's been able to gain 5-7lbs, and she's still only 85lbs with clothes on at 5'1???? Dayum. Serious dayum.

Celebutante?

Feh.

I've always wondered why people don't debate more whether or not it was a good thing that Lionel adopted her or not. Certainly, it doesn't seems like she wasn't raised with the proper armor to fight the Hollywood lifestyle. Apparently Ritchie and his ex-wife, who adopted her, spoiler her rotten through most of her childhood and adolescence. Having Michael Jackson as a godfather couldn't have helped either, not that he ever would have taken that much interest in a child of the wrong "gender" for his peccadilloes.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Don't be so hard on the girl. She was obviosly smoking pot so she could get the munchies, eat a big ol' pizza and gain weight. Purely for medicinal purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2175655;
    Don't be so hard on the girl. She was obviosly smoking pot so she could get the munchies, eat a big ol' pizza and gain weight. Purely for medicinal purposes.
    somebody get that girl a Big Mac!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2175207;
    I have a real soft spot for men that are suckers for their children. And when I read about these celebrity tough guys that have completely melted with the birth of their children..... I just smile. I love it.

Love the last paragraph!

Matt Damon: Fatherhood "defies description"

I also love hearing about the happiness babies bring into the world, whether celebrity or "regular" people. It is always a blessing

+ Reply to Thread