+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I just don't know what the fuss is about .Its not like she was ever( imho) a very good actress to start with. Sad really, maybe she could have a hobby/Or volunteer at a shelter

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I just don't know what the fuss is about .Its not like she was ever( imho) a very good actress to start with. Sad really, maybe she could have a hobby/Or volunteer at a shelter
    She was an okay actress in her prime, but so many of her roles were based on her being young and sexy. She could have branched into comedy maybe even gotten a tv show. I think her persona and image became bigger then her and she felt she had to maintain that to a high degree.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I cant really think of movies she has been in that are memorable. Striptease, GI Jane and the like, anyone could have made those.You are right about her persona though

I cant really think of movies she has been in that are memorable. Striptease, GI Jane and the like, anyone could have made those.You are right about her persona though
    She really should have gotten into comedy or taken more independent roles. She was so popular that once that waned she should have tried something different. As good as she looks, she can't play "Striptease" all her life!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Ghost comes to mind. I love that movie.
    Also some movie about a man who has his wife (Demi) sleep with a rich man (played by Robert Redford) for a million dollars. I think Woody Harrelson played the husband, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, it was quite a well known & received movie.
    tapper01 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Also some movie about a man who has his wife (Demi) sleep with a rich man (played by Robert Redford) for a million dollars. I think Woody Harrelson played the husband, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, it was quite a well known & received movie.
    I did love ghost, but I loved it more for Patrick Swayze than anything. But she was good in it.The other one meh I think anyone could have played the wife's role

I did love ghost, but I loved it more for Patrick Swayze than anything. But she was good in it.The other one meh I think anyone could have played the wife's role
    Patrick Swayze . He & Whoopie made that movie what it was. I can't imagine it with anyone but those two, but Demi was good in it.
    Florimel and tapper01 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Patrick Swayze . He & Whoopie made that movie what it was. I can't imagine it with anyone but those two, but Demi was good in it.
    Yes they did.I only have to hear that song, and I get goosebumps. Why do nice guys like Swayze leave us too soon.( sigh)

I think of that movie every time I'm throwing a pot on the potter's wheel.
    tapper01 and Fanny Mare like this.
    Count your blessings!

The move was Indecent Proposal, back in the early 90's, was a good movie.
    tapper01 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread