+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5000Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I remember being in the drug store one day, at the checkout counter, and this nasty looking guy was peering in the windon with silver paint completely encircling his mouth and nose. The clerk told me what I was looking at...nothing like getting educated.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

IMO, it's illustrative of how bad it's gotten for Demi - she's doing something that is generally associated with young people who have no money. I guess it's good she isn't smoking crack or something.

Many years ago, I worked with a guy who had been a paramedic. He had people who died in his ambulance from sniffing Wite-Out. I used to like the smell of it and mentioned it in casual conversation once. Boy, did I get a lecture! I was probably 18 or 19, so maybe he thought I was going to be huffing it. I just thought it smelled good. I wasn't going to try getting high from it. I was so innocent, it didn't even occur to me!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I always thought that Wite-Out was unpleasant. I remember kids in grade school loving to sniff the worksheets that had just come off the mimeograph machine! Now...that's going waaay back!!! I didn't get that, either!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I always thought that Wite-Out was unpleasant. I remember kids in grade school loving to sniff the worksheets that had just come off the mimeograph machine! Now...that's going waaay back!!! I didn't get that, either!
    Oh the smell of freshly mimeographed sheets was heavenly..... Does that get you high?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have no idea, since I wasn't one of the "sniffers" after the first time I imitated my classmates! It, too, was for me.

Some people huff Scotchguard (and die). Can you imagine? it's for waterproofing fabrics - what do you think it's going to do to your lungs?
    I'm sorry for Demi's pain and juvenile behavior. I can't even imagine how her degree of fame must warp your paradigm.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have no idea, since I wasn't one of the "sniffers" after the first time I imitated my classmates! It, too, was for me.
    We all loved it at St. Frances de Sales Catholic school. If it gets you high, I wonder if the nuns knew that? Maybe it made us agreeable?

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Oh the smell of freshly mimeographed sheets was heavenly..... Does that get you high?
    I can still picture our entire class holding those up to our noses but I don't think we knew we we were getting high. It just smelled really cool.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 01-31-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    CYA

when I was a kid my best friend and I sniffed permanent markers. We did it cuz it made us silly. Looking back maybe we shouldnt have done that, but at the time we had no idea, we just loved laughing!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    when I was a kid my best friend and I sniffed permanent markers. We did it cuz it made us silly. Looking back maybe we shouldnt have done that, but at the time we had no idea, we just loved laughing!
    I remember they had those markers that smelled like lemon, orange etc.... we would be sniffing those all the time. Little did we (or they) know....

+ Reply to Thread