+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5018Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Seal Talks Heidi Klum Separation: "We Were Shocked" - E! Online

A somewhat lengthy but interesting read on their split. It's a reason why I admired them-they just keep it real and to the point. Given how some Hollywood splits end horribly, with nasty exchanges and the poor kids being put in the middle, and stories being spread to the tabloids by each other's people, I'm glad these two are apparently going to take the high road. I'm still as stunned as anybody. The few articles I read said their friends and family were shocked, but one mentioned they had had a "rough road" lately. My co-worker and I were talking about Hollywood marriages one day, and you know that a celeb had a good marriage when the general public winds up shocked at the announcement of a split (because whether a couple is together days or years, it typically doesn't come as a surprise when someone else bites the marriage dust in Hollywood). But I thought Seal and Heidi would literally be one to beat the odds, grow old together, and actually get to 'til death do us part'.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    They are saying he had anger issues, not that he was physically abusive, but it was enough that she didn't like the influence on the kids.
    And it took her three children to figure this out and move on. That is just ridiculous and stupid. I am sorry you can figure out if it is going to work faster than the need to bring three children into a messy divorce situation.

I am so sick of these Hollywood couples making a mockery out of marriage and raising children.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Being a devoted and romantic couple was part of the image they delibertately projected to the world. It doesn't mean that it wasn't true, just that they were quite public about it. It was part of the way they wanted to be perceived by the public.

So, there is little wonder this shocks us.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Fort Member

While I was a little surprized at the split I always thought that they tried too hard. Not that they didnt love each other just in public they really pushed it
    The renewing of vows every year and holloween costumes and just everything about them in public was too much
    They kinda annoyed me a bit as you should not have to try that hard and it, well to me anyway, seemed unreal
    norealityhere likes this.

curious has everyone heard about demi moore?

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    curious has everyone heard about demi moore?
    I'm hearing she is anorexic and was sniffing nitrous oxide.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We've heard so much about Demi that I am over it. Let the woman have her privacy and let's move on. Enough, already! The media is really trying to stir the pot.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have mixed emotions about Demi. I feel bad that anyone is struggling, but I'm also just sick of hearing about it. You know, it's all "first world problems." I think she needs someone to shake her and give her a good "come to Jesus" lecture. She's 50 years old. What the HELL is she doing using Whip-its? Does she imagine she's 22 again? She needs to get into rehab, get her head on straight and EAT. Sorry to be harsh, but she's a mother and she's not setting any kind of good example for her daughters.
    dagwood and libgirl2 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What are "first world problems"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

vs. Third World problems.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread