+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4948Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The reason she came clean about the diabetes is because she is now going to be endorsing diabetes medication. And, now to find out that her son is going to start a show that takes her recipes and makes them healthier?! The whole thing doesn't sit right with me. It makes me feel like her whole persona and everything is just a big act. Anything for money.

I was already a bit disappointed when she was touting Smithfield Farms hams and then it came out that they had horrible atrocities going on there, but this is so much worse.
    Critical likes this.

I have tried some of Paula's recipes and they were fabulous. I don't make them very often but once in awhile, a rich entre is fine.
    My husband has Diabetes Type II and you get it from eating too much of the wrong kinds of food and getting fat. Plain and simple. You can get fat on a lot of food, even if it's not particulary rich or filled with butter. There's nothing wrong with eating them sometimes and people are adults and should know that overeating causes problems with health.

My DH has finally begun to change his habits, lost 18 lbs (w/a lot more to go), cut out all sugar and eating less food to lose the weight. (Thank goodness!) But the real cuprit is eating too much and getting fat..not just what you eat.

Paula has the right to have a show which has calorie-laden foods. We're all responsible for keeping ourselves healthy and Paula's recipes shouldn't be faulted as the reason people have Diabetes Type II, just like smoking, being really overweight is unhealthy as everyone knows this.

A study in England, put people on an almost starvation diet (600 calories a day), didn't specify what they ate and every single one, after losing the weight, no longer had the disease. It's up to each individual to decide what they'll eat. Paula is not to blame. She's showing people Southern food and probably what she likes to eat but it's our personal choice to decide what we'll eat.

I don't think salt is a killer but eating anything to an extreme is probably going to cause health issues.

As for her smoking, it has nothing to do with her disease...of course, it's unhealthy but who among us can say we always do or don't do what is best for our health? And she didn't need Dr. Oz to tell her it was unhealthy. Smokers know that by now but it's their choice to do it.
    I smoked for a long time and it took a life threatening wake-up call to get me to quit, even though I knew it was unhealthy.

I don't watch Paula's show but happened to find the 2 recipes while searching online for various recipes.

I guess I'm just a firm believer in freedom for people and personal responsibility. I just don't think she should be labeled as the "devil" for showing the public certain types of food. I also think she has the right to disclose her personal information whenever she feels like doing it. And as for only doing it when she has a new item to shill, why not? She seems to have a personality that people like and maybe endorsing a medication for people with this disease, she might help some people.

Sorry for the rant.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It is a glorious rant!!!! Good for you!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

See, that's what's great about this country. She has the right to say what she wants and make money how she wants, and we have the right to call her a hypocritical sell-out if we want!

God Bless America!

Holy crap. I didn't see this one coming:
    Heidi Klum, Seal Divorce: Another Celebrity Couple Breaks Up (PHOTOS)

It actually makes me kind of sad.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Holy crap. I didn't see this one coming:
    Heidi Klum, Seal Divorce: Another Celebrity Couple Breaks Up (PHOTOS)

It actually makes me kind of sad.
    Same here. I saw she was at The Golden Globes without him but didn't think anything of it. It is sad....they were a cool couple that seemed to have it going on.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

'Tis the American way!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He's British and she's German.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

made me sad too - esp they have small kids. Really wanted it to work since they looked so opposite. Sad.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    As for her smoking, it has nothing to do with her disease...
    Actually...smoking increases the likelihood of developing diabetes....

I've never been a fan of hers so I really don't have an opinion one way or another on this latest turn of events. Her personality is too over the top for my taste (no pun intended).

+ Reply to Thread