+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 1097 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768691091595591059 ... LastLast
Like Tree4584Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2168247;
    I feel the same, DesertRose. Enough already!

Oh, wait... I should have called you Des-Ro, instead

Seriously, .... K-Fed, TomKat, Brangelina, G-Lo (George Lopez, comedian, bills himself this way)... c'mon, guys, really.... it stopped being cute a long time ago.
    Does this mean that Mr. Rattus and I can't be referred to as An-Al?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://people.aol.com/people/article...566576,00.html

Mary Cheney, the openly gay daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney, is pregnant and due late in the spring.

As the Washington Post's "Reliable Source" column was first to report, this will be the first child for Cheney and her partner of 15 years, Heather Poe.

"The Vice President and Mrs. Cheney are looking forward with eager anticipation to the arrival of their sixth grandchild," Dick Cheney's press secretary, Lea Anne McBride, said in a statement. (The Cheneys' older daughter, Elizabeth, and her husband welcomed their fifth child in July.)

Mary Cheney, 37 and vice president for consumer advocacy at AOL, met Poe when they both played ice hockey during college in Colorado. A source close to the couple told the Washington Post they are "ecstatic" about the pregnancy.

Poe, 45, a former UPS manager, has been busy renovating the couple's suburban Virginia home since they moved there after the 2004 reelection campaign.

During the campaign, Mary Cheney served as director of vice presidential operations, though she disagreed with President Bush's stance on same-sex marriage.

In May, while promoting her book about her time on the trail, Now It's My Turn: A Daughter's Chronicle of Political Life, Cheney told PEOPLE, "I am in favor of legalized same sex marriage."

Of her relationship with Poe, she said: "From my perspective and from Heather's perspective, we already are married. We've built a life together. We've built a home together. She's the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. The way I look at it, the laws just haven't caught up with us yet. I don't need to walk down an aisle to know about my commitment to her."

(Voters in Virginia, where the couple lives, last month approved a measure banning same sex marriage.)

When PEOPLE asked if she and Poe planned to have a family, Cheney replied at the time, "That's one Heather and I are going to have to talk about before I can tell you."

Last edited by bbnbama; 12-06-2006 at 07:44 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    According to a CNN.com story on this conservatives are saying some very nasty things about this....e.g., Janice Crouse of Concerned Women for America described the pregnancy as "unconscionable."

"It's very disappointing that a celebrity couple like this would deliberately bring into the world a child that will never have a father," said Crouse, a senior fellow at the group's think tank. "They are encouraging people who don't have the advantages they have."

Crouse said there was no doubt that the news would, in conservatives' eyes, be damaging to the Bush administration, which already has been chided by some leaders on the right for what they felt was halfhearted commitment to anti-abortion and anti-gay-rights causes in this year's general election.

Carrie Gordon Earll, a policy analyst for the conservative Christian ministry Focus on the Family, expressed empathy for the Cheney family but depicted the pregnancy as unwise.

"Just because you can conceive a child outside a one-woman, one-man marriage doesn't mean it's a good idea," Earll said. "Love can't replace a mother and a father."

Hmmm 7 year age difference... wonder how they met at college playing ice hockey? Unless her partner was a grad student and it was more like a pick up game?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2170582;

Hmmm 7 year age difference... wonder how they met at college playing ice hockey? Unless her partner was a grad student and it was more like a pick up game?

It was either intramural, or a women's league Mary played in while she was in college, but it wasn't a college team. I know that they played on opposing teams, because I remember hearing Mary talking one time about her being the goalie, and Heather scoring almost immediately because Mary was such a bad goalie.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Cheney better defend his daughter and her family.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2170729;
    Cheney better defend his daughter and her family.
    Absolutely...he better!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Congratulations to the couple. I hope they deliver a healthy baby and have much happiness.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...nt/6185894.stm

Published: 2006/11/26 16:47:46 GMT

BBC MMVI

Pregnant star misses Vatican gala
    The teenage star of a film about the Nativity is missing its Vatican premiere because she is expecting a baby with her 19-year-old partner.
    New Zealander Keisha Castle-Hughes, 16, who was nominated for an Oscar for her role in Whale Rider, plays Mary.

Pope Benedict XVI will also be unable to attend the Vatican's first premiere due to his forthcoming visit to Turkey.

A member for the Papal Council for Culture said the actress was expected to play her part well, not be a saint.

The actress, who is expecting a child in spring, said that she was "thrilled" at the news and had made the film "in a state of grace".

Biblical tale

The premiere of The Nativity Story, expected to be attended by 7,000 people, will take place in the Vatican's Paul VI Hall, which is used for Sunday masses when they are not held outside in St Peter's Square.

The film was shot partly in Matera, Italy, the same location used for Mel Gibson's The Passion of The Christ.

It recounts the Biblical tale from the Angel Gabriel's announcement to Mary that she will give birth to Jesus, to the visit of the three wise men to the new baby.

It has been produced by the US-based production company New Line Cinema, which was also involved in the Lord of The Rings trilogy, and will open in the US and Italy next month.

Oscar Isaac, a 30-year-old US actor, plays Joseph opposite Castle-Hughes.

Born in Australia, Castle-Hughes moved to New Zealand aged four with her Maori mother and Australian father. She became a New Zealand citizen in 2001.

Proceeds of the premiere will go towards the building of a school in the northern Israeli village of Mughar which Druze, Muslim and Christian children will attend.

Wesley Snipes: 'I Look Forward to Clearing My Name'

Wesley Snipes, who was arrested Friday morning and pleaded not guilty to tax fraud charges, faced the media that afternoon at the Orlando International Airport.

"I want to thank all my fans," a smiling Snipes, dressed in a dark suit, blue shirt and tie and sunglasses, said at the press conference. "I want to thank my family who stand behind me. And to my foes, thank you, too. I am not guilty, and I look forward to clearing my name. I want the truth to come out." (See the video from CNN.)

Snipes said the case against him doesn't change his feelings about America. "I'm proud to be an American. I'm proud to be an African American in America. I've had some interesting experiences: some great, some not so great, but I love it here."

After the press conference, Snipes was ushered to a private plane that would take him to Namibia, where he had been filming the movie Gallowwalker and teaching filmmaking to locals.

Earlier on Friday, Snipes was freed on $1 million bond and given permission to go back to Namibia until Jan. 10. When he returns to the United States, he will surrender his passport. On Feb. 22, there will be a status hearing in Ocala, Fla., where he appeared in federal court Friday. A trial has been tentatively set for March 5.

According to his spokesman, Snipes had spent about 65 hours in planes over the past few days. He flew from a remote part of Namibia to the main airport, and then from Namibia to Nassau, Bahamas. From Nassau, he flew to Orlando, and then to Ocala. He was to return to Namibia via the same route.

The trip was the result of negotiations between prosecutors and Snipes's legal team. According to Snipes's attorneys, they worked with the government to determine when he should return to the states. "He was never a fugitive from justice," said one of the lawyers, Donald Bierman. "He has cooperated with the investigation and always planned to take care of this."

"Mr. Snipes has been the victim of unscrupulous tax advisors," said another attorney, Billy Martin. "We look forward to his vindication when the facts come out. He has entered a plea of not guilty, and looks forward to proving his innocence in court. We will prove this in court, and not in the court of public opinion."

http://people.aol.com/people/article...568265,00.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'd like to give Wesley Snipes a big, fat "WHO CARES?"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread