+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4743Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #5821
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,351

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Why don't I feel that way?
    Well there are days I feel my age(60) and other days I feel 80. LOL! I think its state of mind. I dont buy into this 60 is the new 40, etc etc I just dont feel 60 very often. I find it hard to believe I have son that will be turning 40. I would ask why you dont still feel young, because you are, but its very public here and this is celebrity news

  2. #5822
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Honestly, I think it can work for the right people. I personally have no desire to participate in one, but to each his own. I do think it must be a really tricky proposition though. It would take an extraordinary level of ongoing honesty and openness.
    I think it would take an extraordinary level of ongoing don't give a damn. But, I'm old fashioned that way.
    coltnlasma likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  3. #5823
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,640

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Britney Spears is 30 today. How old does that make you feel?
    It actually makes me feel younger, oddly enough.

    I feel old when teen idols from when I grew up get older. When Scott Baio turned 50 last year, I felt ancient!
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  4. #5824
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well there are days I feel my age(60) and other days I feel 80. LOL! I think its state of mind. I dont buy into this 60 is the new 40, etc etc I just dont feel 60 very often. I find it hard to believe I have son that will be turning 40. I would ask why you dont still feel young, because you are, but its very public here and this is celebrity news

    True, age is relative. This morning my husband was watching Goonies and asking me how old Josh Brolin is. I knew he is around my age as Diane Lane, his wife, and I are the same age. And Martha Plimpton who is in the movie plays a grandmother, I believe, on that Raising Hope show.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  5. #5825
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,351

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Britney Spears is 30 today. How old does that make you feel?
    I am just glad she made it to 30. She went through a very destructive phase, I dont if it was PPD.It certainly seemed to be. She shaved her head and seemed to party non stop.She has cleaned up her act, and looks good.

  6. #5826
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am just glad she made it to 30. She went through a very destructive phase, I dont if it was PPD.It certainly seemed to be. She shaved her head and seemed to party non stop.She has cleaned up her act, and looks good.
    She seems to have dropped off the gossip radar, which I guess is good.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #5827
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,785

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Britney Spears is 30 today. How old does that make you feel?
    I know...amazing how time has flown.

    Another birthday that hit me today was a kid I used babysit when I was a nannie many, many moons ago (1991 - 1995), well that "kid" just celebrated his 25th birthday today...and it hit me like a ton of bricks because he was just 3 years old when I first started babysitting him and still in diapers...lol! I just don't know where the time has gone. EEK!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  8. #5828
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I know...amazing how time has flown.

    Another birthday that hit me today was a kid I used babysit when I was a nannie many, many moons ago (1991 - 1995), well that "kid" just celebrated his 25th birthday today...and it hit me like a ton of bricks because he was just 3 years old when I first started babysitting him and still in diapers...lol! I just don't know where the time has gone. EEK!
    The little girl I used to baby sit has 2 children, two stepchildren and a husband my age! I remember when her parents brought her home a newborn!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  9. #5829
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,785

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    The little girl I used to baby sit has 2 children, two stepchildren and a husband my age! I remember when her parents brought her home a newborn!
    That's insane! lol. Just like the saying goes, time waits for no one!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  10. #5830
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    That's insane! lol. Just like the saying goes, time waits for no one!
    I remember wondering how Prince William would look as an adult when he was but a baby.... now look!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.