+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I didn't realize she was pregnant either. Mason is adorable, but his father is a douchebag. He was on an episode of that show H8R and it was totally clear that he's a gigantic a-hole and that the perceptions about him are absolutely true.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I read somewhere that he and Demi had an "open" marriage. If true (and that's a big "if"), I think their definition of cheating would be different than ours.
    I read that, too and frankly, if it's true, it negates all accusations of cheating. If you enter into that kind of agreement, you can't be angry when it happens.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I think their agreement was that other people were fine as long as they knew about it. The problem came when he started hiding it.

This open marriage crap is just asking for a divorce, IMO. If you want to sleep with other people, don't get married! Just live together and sleep with lots of other people. Whatever. I think if you go into marriage with such low expectations, you get what you ask for.
    dagwood, waywyrd, AmyKay and 4 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This open marriage crap is just asking for a divorce, IMO. If you want to sleep with other people, don't get married! Just live together and sleep with lots of other people. Whatever. I think if you go into marriage with such low expectations, you get what you ask for.
    Honestly, I think it can work for the right people. I personally have no desire to participate in one, but to each his own. I do think it must be a really tricky proposition though. It would take an extraordinary level of ongoing honesty and openness.
    Florimel likes this.

in re: the Bieber paternity issue, apparently the girls' camp is already fussing because he didnt do it with one of them present or at a site that they approved or something. I dont think its his, plus the ex bf is claiming the kid IS his now.

I had heard the same about Ashton/Demi, that it was open in the sense they fooled around with others while each other was there. I read that he went behind her back.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I didn't realize she was pregnant either. Mason is adorable, but his father is a douchebag. He was on an episode of that show H8R and it was totally clear that he's a gigantic a-hole and that the perceptions about him are absolutely true.
    I agree. I always laugh when she talks about not wanting to marry him because of how he is. Seriously - you are now going to have 2 kids with him. You realize you are tied to him for life at this point, whether you want to be or not. I just don't get it - I don't want to marry you, but I will have kids with you. If he is a douche as a boyfriend/potential husband, wouldn't you have concerns about his douchiness as a father?
    YorkieMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I agree. I always laugh when she talks about not wanting to marry him because of how he is. Seriously - you are now going to have 2 kids with him. You realize you are tied to him for life at this point, whether you want to be or not. I just don't get it - I don't want to marry you, but I will have kids with you. If he is a douche as a boyfriend/potential husband, wouldn't you have concerns about his douchiness as a father?
    Totally - like marriage is a bigger commitment than children Years ago, there was one of those E! profiles about Robin Givens and they talked about her relationship with Murphy Jensen and how, although they had a child together, they felt that marriage was too much of a commitment for them

I already knew Scott was a complete douchecanoe, but that episode of H8R was horrifying. I can't believe people actually behave that way. With all of the other celebs on that show, the "hater" had preconceived notions that were pretty much false and they ended up liking the celebrity in the end. In Scott's case, the hater was totally right....and he was actually worse than she thought!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Not just that, but although I fully believe in the seriousness of the commitment of marriage, you can still get out if it just doesn't work.
    Once you have a child with someone, they are going to be a part of your life & your child's life for the rest of your life. There's no divorcing THAT.
    That person will have some degree of control over you as long as you & the child live, nomatter what you do. That's a much bigger commitment than marriage.
    I've just never gotten the logic of this type of thinking.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Not just that, but although I fully believe in the seriousness of the commitment of marriage, you can still get out if it just doesn't work.
    Once you have a child with someone, they are going to be a part of your life & your child's life for the rest of your life. There's no divorcing THAT.
    That person will have some degree of control over you as long as you & the child live, nomatter what you do. That's a much bigger commitment than marriage.
    I've just never gotten the logic of this type of thinking.
    I so agree. I wish I didn't have to see my ex or his family, but we have a son so I don't have much choice. I limit it as much as possible, but the guy will always be part of my life.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Honestly, I think it can work for the right people. I personally have no desire to participate in one, but to each his own. I do think it must be a really tricky proposition though. It would take an extraordinary level of ongoing honesty and openness.
    It would never work with my husband and me. We are both too jealous!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread