+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4585Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I just saw a short report about the Bieber paternity suit. Apparently the Beliebers (or at least some of them) are now tweeting death threats against the woman who's accused him of fathering her child. They showed even showed some of the tweets. Selena Gomez has gotten similar on-line threats.

I realize they're likely just over-reacting teen fans, but someone needs to explain to them that a)no matter how you feel, death threats are out of line and b)you could potentially be facing legal action if you keep it up.

And, of course, c) you're making yourself look like an idiot, because he's not your boyfriend or your future husband--he doesn't even know who you are, so he can't possibly be cheating on you and you have no reason to be jealous (this would apply more to the Selena Gomez thing--I could see a fan being annoyed that someone might be slandering a person he/she admired, though being annoyed and issuing death threats are two quite different things).

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    TMZ said she paid for the ring, so no need to return it. They also pointed out that making a charitable donation is a tax deduction - winning! (on the Charlie Sheen scale).
    Now they're reporting that Kris paid for the ring and that there is a clause in the prenup that Kim can buy the ring from him if they break up. Way to be optimistic about your chances, huh?
    Kim Kardashian -- Must PAY Kris Humphries to Keep Engagement Ring | TMZ.com

Apparently, Bieber is going to take a DNA test and when the results prove he isn't the baby daddy, he's going to sue her butt. Her lawyers seem to have gone underground. Talk about backing the wrong horse. I wonder if they knew how crazy she is when she hired them.

Of all the celebrities to accuse of fathering your child, why would anyone choose Justin Bieber? At least pick someone who looks like they've gone through puberty. And really, when there's technology to prove that your lying, why falsely accuse anyone of fathering your baby?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

Of all the celebrities to accuse of fathering your child, why would anyone choose Justin Bieber? At least pick someone who looks like they've gone through puberty. And really, when there's technology to prove that your lying, why falsely accuse anyone of fathering your baby?
    Because it can be proven that Bieber is not the father but it is harder to prove they did not have sex in the first place. So now she has her name in the papers, probably asking money for interviews etc...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Critical;4394401]Now they're reporting that Kris paid for the ring and that there is a clause in the prenup that Kim can buy the ring from him if they break up. Way to be optimistic about your chances, huh?
    Kim Kardashian -- Must PAY Kris Humphries to Keep Engagement Ring | TMZ.com

Isn't that kind of a weird clause in a pre-nup? Why would you want to keep the engagement ring from a failed marriage? Was she planning on continuing to wear it or have it reset into a necklace or what?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I have to say, I find all this discussion of Bieber in a sexual context sort of upsetting. To me, he still looks like a little girl.
    The whole thing stinks of a publicity stunt. He is not the most masculine young man I've ever seen and I'm wondering if this isn't a ploy to give him some boost in the Dude Department.

A simple blood test - done BEFORE any of this was leaked to the press - would have answered every question, but noooooooooo, there's always gotta be drama . . . . which takes me back to my first sentence!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I dang near spit tea through my nose. Thanks, Crit.
    Last edited by dagwood; 11-06-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: take out random punctuation
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Because it can be proven that Bieber is not the father but it is harder to prove they did not have sex in the first place. So now she has her name in the papers, probably asking money for interviews etc...
    But isn't he underage? Is it possible for her to be charged with statutory rape? That wasn't her best thought-out plan if so!

exactly she committed statutory rape if her story is true. I highly doubt it to be true though.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    But isn't he underage? Is it possible for her to be charged with statutory rape? That wasn't her best thought-out plan if so!
    Yes she can. I heard that the police were looking into that if this baby indeed turns out to be his. I am doubting her story, too. I think she is just looking for someone to take care of her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    exactly she committed statutory rape if her story is true. I highly doubt it to be true though.
    I don't believe the story, just thinking that to make up this story is incredibly stupid on her part since it would be a crime for her to have done what she says. Guess she didn't think that all the way through.

+ Reply to Thread