+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3918Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Paris definitely had one thing going for her--she only has one sister.
    And really, Nicky Hilton is pretty un-annoying, especially compared to the Kardashians!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I don't think people are upset over the idea of a failed marriage. I think people are angry that the K clan has the audacity to think the public is stupid enough to believe that her so-called marriage was anything more than the world's biggest photo op and the chance for Kim to play dress-up on a grand scale. This was never about a marriage. It was about a wedding. There was no mistake made here -she got exactly what she wanted out of it.

I'd like to think this might spark a backlash against these ridiculous faux celebrities who are talentless, vacant-eyed self-absorbed morons...but neither prison nor substance abuse nor obscene greed seems to make a dent in the stranglehold they have on the media. *sigh*
    For me, the thing that is the most offensive is that she has no intention of returning the wedding gifts OR the ring. Yes, she has the right to keep the ring, but I feel like the honorable (ha!) thing to do would be to return the $2M ring after only 72 days of marriage. It's just classless to keep the gifts, even if she is planning on making a charitable donation.

As for the Jessica Simpson pregnancy, it's about as surprising as Ellen's "I'm gay" announcment. Jessica's been waving her belly at the paparazzi for weeks. I heard that he father/manager was trying to sell the story to a magazine and no one wanted it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think what bothers me the most is the fact that celebs can marry and divorce in such a short time but people cry that allowing gays to marry will ruin the sanctity of it all. Nope...that's already been done.

Plus the fact that they are blowing smoke up everyones ass by saying they didn't profit from this is just ridiculous. How stupid do they think we are?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think what bothers me the most is the fact that celebs can marry and divorce in such a short time but people cry that allowing gays to marry will ruin the sanctity of it all. Nope...that's already been done.

Plus the fact that they are blowing smoke up everyones ass by saying they didn't profit from this is just ridiculous. How stupid do they think we are?
    Excellent post! This is what has bothered me most about all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

Celebrities and everyone else have the right to divorce and marry in a short time also. I really have no understanding on why Kim K getting a divorce is a gay marriage issue. Its not Kim K's fault the country will not allow gay marriage in all states. As far as the gifts go I am guessing most on the guest list are not going to lose sleep over Kim's gifts not being returned. Most of them probably sent someone else to buy the gift anyhow and wouldn't be able to tell you what they purchased.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Celebrities and everyone else have the right to divorce and marry in a short time also. I really have no understanding on why Kim K getting a divorce is a gay marriage issue. Its not Kim K's fault the country will not allow gay marriage in all states. As far as the gifts go I am guessing most on the guest list are not going to lose sleep over Kim's gifts not being returned. Most of them probably sent someone else to buy the gift anyhow and wouldn't be able to tell you what they purchased.
    I think JJ's point is that many opponents of gay marriage talk about protecting the sanctity of marriage. People who get married and then divorced before the milk expires aren't doing anything for the sanctity of the institution.

IMO, equal marriage rights will mean that gays and lesbians have the right to be idiots and have 2 month marriages too! Ideally, no one would get divorced, but equality will mean that everyone has the right to make impulsive decisions or to grow apart or to just fall out of love.

As for the Kardashians, they deserve every bit of negative press they get. What a bunch of losers. I saw an episode of the now defunct show H8R with Scott Disick (Mr. Courtney K) and boy, is he a, well, I can't use that word here. It ends with "hole." The point of the show is for "celebrities" to meet people who hate them and then change that person's mind. Scott showed himself to be just as big of a douchecanoe as the girl thought he was....probably bigger.
    Jamie5632, Coco46 and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    For me, the thing that is the most offensive is that she has no intention of returning the wedding gifts OR the ring. Yes, she has the right to keep the ring, but I feel like the honorable (ha!) thing to do would be to return the $2M ring after only 72 days of marriage. It's just classless to keep the gifts, even if she is planning on making a charitable donation.
    TMZ said she paid for the ring, so no need to return it. They also pointed out that making a charitable donation is a tax deduction - winning! (on the Charlie Sheen scale).
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, what is everybody thinking about this Justin Beiber baby talk? At his age, it would not surprise me. I am looking forward to hearing the DNA results. Of course, this girl could be "bat-sh#t" nuts, too. I could, easily, see her being on Maury Povich trying to find out exactly who her baby's father is....and missing the mark everytime! I could see both of them engaging in that "Puff the Magic Dragon" teenaged-style of thinking.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So, what is everybody thinking about this Justin Beiber baby talk?
    I'm thinking that if it is true, then shouldn't the woman be brought up on statutory rape charges? He's 17, she's 20. The baby is already 3 months old so he may have been even younger.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm thinking that if it is true, then shouldn't the woman be brought up on statutory rape charges? He's 17, she's 20. The baby is already 3 months old so he may have been even younger.
    That exact point was made in the article I read. He was 16 when the alleged affair occurred - and it happened in CA, where the legal age is 18. So yes, if it is in fact proven that he is the father, she will potentially face statutory rape charges.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think we should call it an "affair"...an "encounter" seems more appropriate.
    JulieAnn likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread