+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5246Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Given what she and Humphries were paid for the rights to their wedding, they made over $10,000 an hour for the seventy-two days they were married. I would imagine that might ease the sting of their tragic separation--especially since they were barely together at all during those seventy-two hours.

I liked Kris Humphries' sister's reaction to the whole thing. She told reporters she had just found out and wasn't saying a thing until she had a chance to talk to her brother. She was one of Kim's bridesmaids--man, I hope Kim didn't make everyone pay for their dresses too. If I had to pay for some ultra-expensive bridesmaid's dress only to have the marriage fall apart in a little over two months, I'd be ticked. And yeah, I'd want my gift back too (though, actually, I would have donated money to a charity and told them that was their gift--no way did they actually need anything on their stupid registry, and if they really "needed" it, they could afford it).

And, naturally, the whole story breaks just in time for November sweeps. Does the Kardashian family do nothing without figuring out the media angles first?

Oh, yeah, and remember how everyone couldn't believe how quickly Khloe got married? Turns out her marriage has already lasted over six times as long as Kim's....

The only thing surprising about that relationship is that they actually made it to the altar in the first place. He should consider himself lucky that he got out now. Maybe he can meet a nice, normal girl who isn't a giant fame whore....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I wonder to what degree this wedding/divorce fiasco may hurt the Kardashian "brand" as a whole and Kim in particular. Out of curiosity, I looked at some on-line responses to reports of the divorce, and a number of posts specifically cited how much money was wasted on the wedding, which is now being widely called things like a "publicity stunt," when it could have been used for more productive, charitable purposes instead.

The Kardashians are being associated with over-the-top outrageous consumption and huge salaries, the combination of which is not looked at kindly in an economy where many are struggling, especially since they've achieved their fame and money for reasons that aren't especially clear--that is, they don't have obvious talents that might justify their salaries. I know Kris and Kim are always quick to point out how "hard" Kim works, but for the average working person, what Kim gets paid to do--endorse products, model, go to parties--doesn't seem quite so hard as, say, working in a factory, on a farm, or in an office. Nor does it seem as useful/helpful as, say, working as a teacher, a nurse, a firefighter, or a cop. People who do all those jobs (or work in a factory, on a farm, or in an office) produce things or services that are clearly necessary. If Kim suddenly stopped endorsing, modeling, or partying, what difference would it really make to anyone but her or her mother? Kris has even so much as said that her marketing of her kids is so they can all earn enough money now to have the option/security of not needing to work later. Uh, most people work all their lives and still can't be guaranteed a secure retirement in their sixties or seventies, much less their forties.

Personally, I avoid buying or using brands that are Kardashian-connected, and I'm not at all happy that OPI now has a Kardashian line of nail polishes, though I'd love to know the names they chose for the colors. Dollar Green with Envy? Blushing Bride Billions? Divorce, Armenian Style?
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

Ridiculous story. Ridiculous people. Ridiculous waste of money. I am frankly embarrassed to share a gender with Kim Kardashian and her obnoxious sisters.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess "business is business"...as they say!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kim wanted a wedding, not a marriage.

Kris is now claiming her daughter didn't make any money off of the wedding. Do these people think we are stupid? Kim sold the rights to her fairytale wedding to E!, sold pictures to People....and they expect us to believe she didn't profit? Pfft.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Kim wanted a wedding, not a marriage.

Kris is now claiming her daughter didn't make any money off of the wedding. Do these people think we are stupid? Kim sold the rights to her fairytale wedding to E!, sold pictures to People....and they expect us to believe she didn't profit? Pfft.
    I glanced through a magazine with an article about Kim's "fake marriage" (that's what the magazine called it) in it while in the gym today. She didn't just make money off the wedding--and they made a ton selling photos to People and the film rights to E!--but she also sold photos of a pre-marriage vacation and the honeymoon for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I believe the honeymoon to Italy was comped as well, and she just made $200,000 for attending her own birthday party in Las Vegas.

And if she keeps the wedding gifts and the rings...good heavens. Did anyone hear the details of the gift registry? Ashtrays worth thousands of dollars for a woman who doesn't even smoke.

There's no way anyone's going to believe Kim didn't rake in a truckload or two of cash from that wedding. Heck, if she gets residuals for Kim's Fairy Tale Wedding, she's set for life. E!'s still running that stupid two part special daily. It was on last night and this morning when I was flipping through channels.

Fort Member

She is so heartbroken she jumped on a plane to Australia for an all expensives paid and massive fee to go to the races. Sorry, but at least look and act a little upset that your second marrige just broke up.

Need to stop talking about them and then maybe, just maybe, they will go away. Any other celebrity news? Someone? Please

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    Any other celebrity news? Someone? Please
    How about Jessica Simpson announcing she's pregnant?

I'm all Kardashianed out, too. What a bunch of obnoxious fame hos.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    How about Jessica Simpson announcing she's pregnant?

I'm all Kardashianed out, too. What a bunch of obnoxious fame hos.
    Poor Jessica, she should have announced it last week!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread