+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I can't stand Chris Hansen. He always comes across totally smug and haughty.
    Not surprised to hear this on the news today.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Far as I can tell (or remember, right now) George Clooney has been (in)famous over the past recent --- and NOT-TOO-RECENT --- years for saying that he would never get married again.
    As I recall, Clooney has not said he'd never marry again. He's said that he will not marry again until everyone else can legally marry.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

CCL

All of the things I've ever read about George Clooney have had him saying that he tried marriage once, it wasn't for him, and that he would never marry again. He's even made bets that he would never marry (with Nicole Kidman and Michelle Pfeiffer). I have heard other celebrities say that (about not marrying till everyone else can legally marry) - I think Angelina Jolie said that, for example.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've never heard the gay marriage qualification in Clooney's "I will never marry" statements. I've heard him say more than once that he tried marriage once and he won't do it again. Period. Several other celebs, including Brad and Angelina have said they wouldn't marry until everyone has the right, but I've never heard Clooney say that. He was on Piers Morgan a while back and said he wouldn't do it again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Messed up, but sadly not unexepected/surprising, shay. This is just not a good situation all around. Thank goodness the dr who created this mess has had his license revoked.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Somebody needs to step in/step up and take over, before something tragic happens....and she needs to be sent to the loony bin for treatment. She's looooong overdue. Now that the doctor has had his license revoked, he has time to take serious responsibility for the chaos he has created, I'd say. The kids can grow up calling him "Daddy". Only seems fair to me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

If she goes off to the "looney bin," what will happen to those eight children, plus the other six she has. Should the eight be split up and adopted out? Who would take on eight children at once? At least two of the other six, I believe, have some sort of developmental problems. What a mess!! Possibly the doctor who inseminated her would like a couple of the kids. Right!!

What a sad story this is. It's hard to imagine these kids having a good and productive adulthood after being raised in this "family". It's too bad a family member won't step in and take a few of the older ones.

I just read this on tmz - Octomom FURIOUS Over 'Fabricated' Interview | TMZ.com

Which story do you guys believe?

+ Reply to Thread