+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 1044 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156556 ... LastLast
Like Tree3911Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2166320;
    It seems like there's an entire sub-culture of these types out in Hollywood now who are celebs and famous for nothing more than their partying, eating disorders, substance abuse, and just general bad-girl images. Girls who either had very little talent to begin with but then wasted it, or who had no talent to begin with. Girls like Paris Hilton (forgive me, God, for ever mentioning that name), Nicole Richie, Lindsey Lohan, Tara Reid, and a dozen others or so. (Normally I would have included Nicky Hilton in that list, but she at least attended school and has a career path that doesn't include a To-Do list of sex videos, drugs, alcohol, and sluttiness)
    My opinion is that that these talentless folks got where they are because of who/what was behind them. Parents, money, good agent, whatever.... It is an "Eliza Doolittle" syndrome. An agent could probably go to a dozen high school musicals in the spring, pluck out the two best leads, give them some training and proper sound equiptment and they'd be way better than most of those listed above because they had some natural talent to start with.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I thought Lindsay did a good job in Parent Trap and in Mean Girls. I thought she had the potential to grow into a well-known actress. Now she is a well-known party girl.

Lindsay Lohan Says Her Mom Should Be Allowed To Party

December 4, 2006 6:53 a.m. EST

Maira Oliveira - All Headline News Reporter

Los Angeles, CA (AHN) - If she could have it her way, everybody would simply back off and leave her mother alone.

LinLo is furious that her mother has been criticized for partying with the wild girl. The new brunette says her mom should be allowed to have a good time just like any other person her age.

LinLo thinks it's "ridiculous" that her mother gets slammed for partying like a rockstar. She says George Clooney is free to do whatever he wants, so it shouldn't be a big deal with her mom either. However, it seems like LinLo has failed to realize a key difference. George Clooney is a bachelor with no kids whereas Dina Lohan has a daughter - an alleged cutter and alcoholic - whom she should be looking out for instead of partying with all night.

But LinLo refuses to see the big picture and says it's simply unfair the kind of "s**t" her mom gets.

According to StarPulse.com, she fumed, "(It's) ridiculous. She's a grown woman, and allowed to go out! My mom gets s**t but George Clooney can go out and not get in trouble for it."
    Link

Mom Praises Lindsay Lohan For Going To AA Meetings

Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan's mother Dina is delighted her daughter has started visiting Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings, hailing the singer/actress as "very smart." Lohan has been a regular of the Hollywood and New York party scene for several years - even though she is still one year shy of the legal drinking age in the United States.

On Friday, Lohan's "anonymity" was broken when her publicist admitted the star had been to several meetings. Speaking to American Idol host Ryan Seacrest's Kiis-FM radio show on Friday, Dina stressed her daughter is not an alcoholic, despite admitting she was going to AA.

Dina says, "You know, a lot of people she hangs out with go, and it's a positive thing. As a parent, you tell them what you can tell them, but she's 20 and I'm not gonna say, 'Stay home and don't go out,' that's a ridiculous thing to do. I'm there for support, and I'll obviously give her my opinion, but she's very smart."
    Link

What the first article fails to mention is that, not only does Dina Lohan parent Lindsay... but also a 13 year old daughter and a young son that I presume lives with her as well.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

LinLo thinks it's "ridiculous" that her mother gets slammed for partying like a rockstar. She says George Clooney is free to do whatever he wants, so it shouldn't be a big deal with her mom either.
    What I find ridiculous is this LinLo, K-Fed fad. It was cute when JLo did it, but now enough. Same with the TomKat fad.

FORT Fogey
    This is one area where I think Simon Cowell gets it exactly right. There are some talented people out there who are seeking opportunities to express themselves artistically. There are other people out there who are merely seeking fame, and will take it any way they can get it. Britney Spears, Tara Reid, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan are only seeking fame. Of that group, I think I have to give Paris Hilton a little credit. At least she's honest enough to only seek fame, and not pretend to be an artist! Well, except for that unfortunate adventure in singing. But even that can be written off as a move for more fame, and not art.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://people.aol.com/people/article...565629,00.html

George Clooney's Pet Pig Heads to Hog Heaven
    MONDAY DECEMBER 04, 2006 08:25AM EST

Max, the nearly 300-lb. potbellied pig who lived with George Clooney in the actor's Hollywood Hills home, has died. He had lived with Clooney for 18 years and had suffered from arthritis and partial blindness.

"He just died, like an hour ago," PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive, 45, tells USA Today.

"He was as old a pig as the vets had ever seen. I was really surprised, because he's been a big part of my life," says Clooney, who even sometimes shared the same bed with his pet.

The actor was out of town promoting his latest film, The Good German, when Max died.

In January 2005 there were premature reports that Max had gone to hog heaven. At the time, Clooney issued a denial.

"It has been a bad year for my pets," Clooney tells the newspaper. "I had a bulldog that died this year, too. It's strange how animals become a bit part of your family. They really become a big issue with you."

The pig, in fact, was sometimes featured in interviews with Clooney, who called him "Max, the star."

As for finding a successor, "No," Clooney insists. "I think Max covered all my pig needs."

RIP Max
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2166401;
    Can I just interject with a reply of mock horror at your description??? Those endless nights of partying, crack snorting, pot smoking, etc. means she's no longer looking hot and instead she's looking.....gasp.... THIRTY????

Those of us over 30 are sending mock daggers your way, Mrs CWebb.
    I was VERY hesitant to type in 30 fearing the severe repercussions, but if I type in 40 I offend the 40+, if I type in 50 I'll offend the 50+ and so forth......might as well just include you all in there! Hey, at least I'm equal opportunity!

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2166929;
    http://people.aol.com/people/article...565629,00.html

George Clooney's Pet Pig Heads to Hog Heaven
    MONDAY DECEMBER 04, 2006 08:25AM EST

Max, the nearly 300-lb. potbellied pig who lived with George Clooney in the actor's Hollywood Hills home, has died. He had lived with Clooney for 18 years and had suffered from arthritis and partial blindness.

"He just died, like an hour ago," PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive, 45, tells USA Today.

"He was as old a pig as the vets had ever seen. I was really surprised, because he's been a big part of my life," says Clooney, who even sometimes shared the same bed with his pet.

The actor was out of town promoting his latest film, The Good German, when Max died.

In January 2005 there were premature reports that Max had gone to hog heaven. At the time, Clooney issued a denial.

"It has been a bad year for my pets," Clooney tells the newspaper. "I had a bulldog that died this year, too. It's strange how animals become a bit part of your family. They really become a big issue with you."

The pig, in fact, was sometimes featured in interviews with Clooney, who called him "Max, the star."

As for finding a successor, "No," Clooney insists. "I think Max covered all my pig needs."

RIP Max
    Ooh, that's so sad! Especially because he wasn't there when Max died! Well, as long as he was a good pet, we should be celebrating his life, rather than mourning his death.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2166969;
    I was VERY hesitant to type in 30 fearing the severe repercussions, but if I type in 40 I offend the 40+, if I type in 50 I'll offend the 50+ and so forth......might as well just include you all in there! Hey, at least I'm equal opportunity!
    Let's just say that Lindsay looks like a beat up old horse. I heard her younger sister is going to release an ablum.

My sympathies are with George Clooney. Losing a pet/family member is really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2167150;
    Let's just say that Lindsay looks like a beat up old horse. I heard her younger sister is going to release an ablum.
    I saw her sister's MV for some Christmas song and lets just say I'm waiting to send it as a myspace prank to all my friends.

+ Reply to Thread