+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4624Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie View Post
    It always amuses me how "the other woman" gets so much more venom heaped on her than the cheating husband. (A good example is Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie.) The cheating husband is actually the one who took a vow to be faithful. Not that the other woman shouldn't feel ashamed of sleeping with a married man, but I just think the husband is the real scumbag.
    I agree that the man should take the brunt of it but the woman shouldn't be let off the hook, either, if she knew he was married.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Kiz

Sad news for the family of Jeff Conaway.

(I loved his role in Taxi. Such a happy go lucky character.)

Family of ‘Taxi’ star Jeff Conaway to pull plug on life support, report says ę Entertainment

The family of “Taxi” star Jeff Conaway has decided to turn off his life support machine, according to a report from Radar Online.

Conaway’s family has been holding a vigil at his bedside in a Los Angeles hospital since he was found unconscious in his home and brought to a hospital on May 11. The 60-year-old star, who has appeared on “Celebrity Rehab” is thought to have suffered a prescription drug overdose.

But now, as doctors reportedly tell the family that he has had no brain function, they have decided to turn off his life support, Radar reports.

“The feeding tube has already been removed. The ventilator which is breathing for Jeff, will be removed sometime this afternoon,” sources tell Radar.

“Jeff in is no pain whatsoever … no measures will be made to try and revive him once the breathing tube is removed.”

Conaway is best known for his role in “Taxi” and as the sidekick to John Travolta in the 1978 classic, “Grease.”
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I agree that the man should take the brunt of it but the woman shouldn't be let off the hook, either, if she knew he was married.
    It wasn't that she was JUST fooling with a married man.....if only it were that simple. She went to Maria's and "Garbage's" bed.....she frolicked around in Maria's clothes and jewelry....she accepted Maria's kindnesses. The woman is a tramp, whenever you get through with it.

And, about Jeff Conaway, I'm sure his poor family has had all that they can take.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lampanelli's GIANT $50K Check -- Suck it, Hate Church
    Lisa Lampanelli just donated $50,000 to the good people at Gay Men's Health Crisis -- sticking it to the hate-mongering homophobes of Westboro Baptist Church -- and we got footage of the GIANT CHECK.

TMZ broke the story ... Lisa challenged the hate church head on last week -- claiming for every rotten bastard from the WBC who showed up to protest her show in Topeka, Kansas ... she would donate $1,000 to a gay charity.

Lisa couldn't decide exactly how many protesters showed up -- the number was somewhere between 44 and 48 -- so she called it an even 50 ... and put her money where her mouth was yesterday in NYC, donating $50,000 to GMHC in the form of a giant novelty check.

Hate on that.
    I love this! (TMZ has a few stoies on it)

I love that story, M Shell! The best part is that I'm pretty sure she made certain WBC would get a thank you note from GMHC!

Sad about Jeff Conaway, although not surprised. He had an awfully hard time these last few years.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Very sorry to hear about Jeff Conaway.
    He was a good actor and a really good looking man.
    I remember, though, when he was with Olivia Newton John's sister and he was heavy into drugs then. That's going back many, many years and, unfortunately in his case, I guess he was never able to stop the drugs. Addiction is very difficult. This is very sad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Looks like Adrienne Curry and Christopher Knight are over. A very Brady break-up
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Looks like Adrienne Curry and Christopher Knight are over. A very Brady break-up

Geez I wonder why...I'm surprised they even last this long.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh wow...I thought they might make despite my cynicism. Of course, watching their uncomfortable interactions on that show they had was pretty telling. I never really watched that Brady junk.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    When I read about it online I honestly thought they had broken up a long time ago. Needless to say I wasn't surprised.

+ Reply to Thread