+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4592Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Oh no........that's terrible news about Jeff. I know he had so many issues but I've always loved him and felt he genuinely tried to remain sober even with all the pain he had. Addiction is a horrible thing and too many people battle with it every day.
    Yup, with donuts!!

So sad about Jeff, but not surprised. He seems like such a wounded person and it doesn't help that his horrible wife/girlfriend/whatever she is feeds his addiction. She's a predator, IMO. Unfortunately, I think there's always only been one way that his story would end.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Do people really believe that Maria Shriver did not know about this child? From all reports the child was the spitting image of Arnold. How many people keep the same "housekeeper" for 20 years? My theory is that someone threatened to leak the information. Maybe her exhusband, her current live in/husband? I just do not buy that Maria only found out about this in January, when the "housekeeper" retired. I am sure this "housekeeper" did not have much of a pension and if she had been working there for 20 years why did she up and retire? If we stay tuned I am sure we will hear about a blackmail theory next.
    Oh and I just read Gloria Allred is reprensenting some woman for YEARS ago, for what? I do not understand what legal theory she has for any kind of lawsuit. I am so tired of all these people, but will continue to read about them and be thrilled with my uneventful life.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Do people really believe that Maria Shriver did not know about this child? From all reports the child was the spitting image of Arnold. How many people keep the same "housekeeper" for 20 years? My theory is that someone threatened to leak the information. Maybe her exhusband, her current live in/husband? I just do not buy that Maria only found out about this in January, when the "housekeeper" retired. I am sure this "housekeeper" did not have much of a pension and if she had been working there for 20 years why did she up and retire? If we stay tuned I am sure we will hear about a blackmail theory next.
    Oh and I just read Gloria Allred is reprensenting some woman for YEARS ago, for what? I do not understand what legal theory she has for any kind of lawsuit. I am so tired of all these people, but will continue to read about them and be thrilled with my uneventful life.
    I know of at least one blog that has posted pictures of the child with his mother. He's not a spitting image, but some features do bear a resemblance. I won't link to it in the forums, but if you really want to know pm me and I'll point you to it.

Also, while TMZ and some news outlets still seem to maintain she retired in January, there are others who say she was threatening to go public weeks ago when Arnold fired her to try and save his marriage.
    _(Moo!)

Kiz

captain:
    I saw the Allred reference this morning. She's representing an actress, Gigi Goyette, who says she had an ongoing affair with AS starting when she was 16 (in 1975). I believe the clip said she had a part on Little House on the Prairie. Never heard of her myself, but that's not saying anything.

I saw pictures of the boy, and while there's some facial features (especially the mouth area) that resemble AS if you compare side by side photos and are looking for it, but I don't think their similarities would jump out at you, unless you were suspicious. I really don't think Maria knew about the affair and child, but, heck, who knows. Some people put up with a lot of abuse to not rock the boat.
    Last edited by Kiz; 05-19-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

HLN is reporting that Maria Shriver has hired a divorce lawyer but has not determined what she wishes to do (I'd say hiring a divorce lawyer indicates one thing she might be considering doing).

HLN also said that Maria was actually buying baby gifts for the housekeeper when they were simultaneously pregnant. My guess is she didn't know at that point that Arnold was the father, unless it was a show of solidarity with another woman who was also being screwed by Arnold, literally and figuratively.

The housekeeper's husband was listed as the father on the boy's birth certificate but he left her three weeks after he was born. I honestly feel sorry for the boy. He's thirteen, which is an awkward age anyway, and now this comes out? HLN was interviewing a neighbor of theirs and she said he's a popular kid in the neighborhood, he's very polite, likes to ride his bike and play with his dog etc. As HLN pointed out, unfortunately, his relatively normal child is likely to be disrupted now. Whatever his parents did, the kid is blameless, because nobody chooses how they're conceived. I wish the press would just leave him alone.

Seems to me that a number of years ago, a woman accused Arnold of sexual harassment, and he was all sanctimoniously outraged about it. Perhaps that was the least of it.

Oh, and how stupid is he to fire the housekeeper and not expect that she might very well get angry enough to go after him in the press, especially since he'd been paying child support all this time? If he was trying to get out of that, I can see why she'd be upset, and though it would be nice to think she could get him to cough up the money without the press picking up on the story (for the sake of all the children involved, I mean--I couldn't care less about Arnold's reputation), I realize that would never happen these days.

FORT Fogey

We haven't heard the chain of events that brought this to light. Arnold could have fired her after the truth came out. It seems odd that Mildred would bite the hand that is feeding her. She had more to lose by spilling than keeping her mouth shut. I suppose she could have asked him for more money and it angered him so he fired her but that makes no sense either. We haven't heard how long their affair lasted either. Has it been the entire 13 years or did it peter out after she got pregnant?

I am sure it will all come out. There is no way they can keep this private. I know it is painful to those involved but it happens when you are in the public eye. There is just no way around that. I had to chuckle when Dr Phil said he hoped the press would respect their privacy. Where have you been Phil and what are you smoking?! NEVER.

I've been reading that AS threw alot of money this woman's way and was also very generous to her family. I've read everything from buying her a house to paying for a family member's quinceneara. It sounds like hush money to me. Maybe he threatened to cut off the $$ train and she threatened back?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Zsa Zsa in coma after surgery (from The Washington Post)

Zsa Zsa Gabor remains hospitalized and unresponsive after her latest
    health setback. Her husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, says she got into a “little coma” after a feeding tube in her stomach resulted in serious bleeding. She also has suffered from pneumonia in recent days.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

From what I've read, even Arnold didn't know the baby was his until he was a toddler. My feeling is that Maria had to know something was going on, but I highly doubt she would have let this woman stay in her employ for that long if she knew it was that specific woman. I can't imagine that she would have waited until just this past January to get rid of the woman. She may have put up with a lot of crap from Arnold, but I can't imagine that she would have put up with having his baby mama working in their home.

I've seen a few pictures of the boy now and, like someone else said, he does bear a resemblance to Arnold, he's not a mini me or anything. I think if you were looking for the resemblance, you would see it. It will probably come out more as he gets older.

Apparently, TMZ was sniffing around this story months ago and that may be why Arnold decided to come clean. Patty has kept quiet about it and even denied the story when asked by a paparazzo a while back. She was getting enough money from Arnold, so she had no reason to come forward. I feel sorry for her husband and I wonder when HE knew the truth.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread