+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4600Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Perhaps "corrective jaw surgery" is the description for whatever she had done, just like "reparing a deveated septum" is code for nose job.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Perhaps "corrective jaw surgery" is the description for whatever she had done, just like "reparing a deveated septum" is code for nose job.
    Call me cynical, but I do believe you've hit the nail on the head. It was a supposed quote of hers in an article on Radar Online this morning that gave me the same impression:
    “I’m absolutely thrilled with the results. I look older, more mature and don’t have as much of a chubby little baby face!”
    Bristol Palin Admits Jaw Surgery, But Denies It Was Plastic Surgery | Radar Online
    _(Moo!)

MamaAmyG: I guess I'm cynical, as well, because I just can't see how having your jaw fixed for your overbite would slim your face that much. Where did all the fat in her cheeks go? And she went from having a super round chin to a Jay Leno protrusion on her face. It's just weird and doesn't add up. Why can't people just admit that they had work done instead of lying about it?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Apparently, "corrective jaw surgery" includes liposuction because she had fat removed. If you look at full body pics of her before and after, she did not lose weight. Her face looks totally different and she doesn't have that little double chin.

ETA: There have been "articles" on TMZ that say Maria Shriver has been wanting out of the marriage for several years.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Count me as another cynic not buying the "corrective jaw surgery" story. I love this quote from another report:

The Palin family's lawyer declined to comment to The Associated Press on Tuesday.
    Bristol Palin says she had corrective jaw surgery - News - Yahoo! TV

Of course he declined comment! No way he's getting caught endorsing an obviously fabricated story.

FORT Fogey

On E! News they were saying that most people who have the surgery due it for both a bite issue and because it will improve their looks and that Bristol had both goals in mind.

A couple of days ago, they also reported that Bristol and Sarah got into a huge argument because Bristol said she was not sure she could continue to oppose gay marriage.

On the news this morning, after Bristol "admitted" to corrective jaw surgery, she stated that her weight loss of 5 pounds caused the change in her face.

Funny, but I've had a larger weight loss than that and it didn't cause a face change.
    The girl's as delusional as her mama.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

"Corrective surgery" . . . . is that what we are calling it these days?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    On the news this morning, after Bristol "admitted" to corrective jaw surgery, she stated that her weight loss of 5 pounds caused the change in her face.

Funny, but I've had a larger weight loss than that and it didn't cause a face change.
    The girl's as delusional as her mama.

There's no way a five pound weight loss causes a dramatic weight loss in a person's face unless the entire five pounds is sucked out of your face.

I had corrective jaw surgery on my upper and lower jaw when I was in 10th and I wish it had done that much for my appearance.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread