+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4536Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fanatic

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Oh, come on, now! Who really didnt know the split between Arnold and Maria was just a matter of time. Arnold is nothing more than an old man pretending he is 25. We all remember the allegations of him grabbing womens breasts, butts and whatevers. This isnt about him being underfoot, it is about him being icky. This is when I am least proud of my gender, let's face it, if he were just some guy in his mid fifties the 25 year old girls wouldnt be looking his way. Silly man will probably engage or marry one of his daughters friends, then just a matter of time till we hear another Mel Gibson-esque tape with Arnold ranting.
    This is when TMZ doubles up on their nasty coverage.

FORT Fogey

Well I guess I'm alone, but I actually was surprised when I saw the headline about Arnold and Maria. I didn't think he was all that great of a husband, and I knew they'd had issues and differences. But I guess I was fooled into believing that even if their marriage wasn't something I'd choose for myself, that it really did work for them. They always seemed to be there supporting each other in the big events of their lives. I was surprised, and I'm kind of sad for them.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    Oh, come on, now! Who really didnt know the split between Arnold and Maria was just a matter of time. Arnold is nothing more than an old man pretending he is 25. We all remember the allegations of him grabbing womens breasts, butts and whatevers. This isnt about him being underfoot, it is about him being icky. This is when I am least proud of my gender, let's face it, if he were just some guy in his mid fifties the 25 year old girls wouldnt be looking his way. Silly man will probably engage or marry one of his daughters friends, then just a matter of time till we hear another Mel Gibson-esque tape with Arnold ranting.
    This is when TMZ doubles up on their nasty coverage.
    The first part of my post was tongue in cheek.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I can't believe they named their son after their apartment's theme decor! A proper adjective, even. Like Moroccan cuisine, the Moroccan people, or Moroccan argan oil. Thanks, Mom and Dad. :
    The worst part, IMO, is that their last name reads like a noun. Drop the middle name and he will be going by Moroccan Cannon. That sounds like an object, not a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    She lost a lot of weight and her face is showing its natural shape. Look at her chin and cheeks in the before. They are there but obscured with some chub. No way has she had work done. She has clearly lost weight. She looks good.
    I don't quite buy the Bristol plastic surgery thing. I'm not a Palin family fan either, but I think she looks pretty good and it seems like the loss of weight in her face and the different camera angles could account for the differences.

FORT Fogey

Quote:
    Originally Posted by norealityhere
    Bristol Palin definitely had work done.
    Now, if she can just get a personality implant..............
    And now she has a reality show coming out.
    Whether it's a coincidence or not, Bristol's "enhancements" were done just in time for this:

Bristol Palin (the oldest daughter of Sarah) is set to continue her reality TV career with a new show on the cable network Bio a show that commentators are already calling "bafflingly contrived." The series will focus on the single mom and abstinence advocate moving to Los Angeles with her young son Tripp, starting a new job at a charity, and living with Dancing castmate Kyle Massey and his brother Chris. According to a Bio channel statement, the three have become "best friends" since Dancing, "so much so that, since Bristol and Tripp have to move to Los Angeles for her new job, she decided to move in with the Massey brothers, who are also about to realize how much their lives are about to change."
    Bristol Palin's 'bafflingly contrived' new reality show - Yahoo! News

Re Arnold and Maria, I think Maria waited until her parents had passed before announcing the split. I think both her parents did a lot for Arnold and would have been heartbroken that the marriage was over.

Baffingly contrived? I think the phrase they were actually looking for was embarrassingly contrived.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

No surprise at all about Arnold & Maria.

I remember when the guy opened his bar / restaurant, Schatzi's back in the 90's. It was all too obvious the guy was not at all faithful to his wife. He was shameful.
    Maria stood by him simply because he was our Gov. They've not had a real "marriage" in many, many years.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    No surprise at all about Arnold & Maria.

I remember when the guy opened his bar / restaurant, Schatzi's back in the 90's. It was all too obvious the guy was not at all faithful to his wife. He was shameful.
    Maria stood by him simply because he was our Gov. They've not had a real "marriage" in many, many years.
    I also think considering her Uncle's and Grandfathers behavior, cheating was something you tolerated to an extent, especially when politics are involved.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

That's exactly why I said what I did about being surprised they split. My husband knows that I would not tolerate any cheating, and I know that about him too. That's the way our marriage works. But there are people out there with different agreements. Given how long Arnold and Maria had been together, I always assumed that between the two of them, that sort of arrangement worked. Maybe Arnold had just gotten sloppy about covering up what he was doing on the side, and while Maria was okay with it going on, she wasn't okay with the world knowing it was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Baffingly contrived? I think the phrase they were actually looking for was embarrassingly contrived.
    It sounds really dumb and cheesy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread