+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Mariah Carey had her babies today. Nick co-hosted The Talk a couple of days ago and said that he had a feeling they'd be arriving on their anniversary. Looks like he was right!

Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon parents of twins - Yahoo! News
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Part of me hopes they name the children something "normal," but the other part hopes that the names are completely ridiculous. Knowing Mariah, they'll be the latter!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Part of me hopes they name the children something "normal," but the other part hopes that the names are completely ridiculous. Knowing Mariah, they'll be the latter!
    I think one will be Nick Jr.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I read where people (not A person) threw eggs at Justin Bieber in Sydney, Australia during his show. Gotta love it!!! None of them hit him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They showed video of that on TMZ last night... it was a LOT of eggs!
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I heard that it was from both sides of the stage!

Dodge Ball, anyone??? Or maybe that should be Dodge Egg!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Moroccan and Monroe

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Reveal Baby Names

The Associated Press
    Published: Wednesday, May. 4, 2011 - 11:32 am

NEW YORK -- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have revealed the names they've picked out for their newborn boy and girl: Moroccan and Monroe.

The couple chose to name their son Moroccan Scott Cannon after the Moroccan-inspired decor of the top tier of Carey's New York City apartment. The so-called Moroccan Room is also where Cannon proposed. They picked the middle name Scott since it's both Cannon's middle name as well as his grandmother's maiden name.

The couple named their daughter Monroe Cannon after Marilyn Monroe, who has inspired Carey. Unlike her brother, Monroe doesn't have a middle name because Carey doesn't have one either.

Carey and Cannon's twins were delivered Saturday in Los Angeles. The pair got married in 2007 after a whirlwind romance.

They aren't the worst names I've heard, but I would have reversed them. Monroe sounds more like a boys name and Moroccan sounds more like a girls name to me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

The really bad part comes with the news that they are going to refer to them as Roc and Roe.

+ Reply to Thread