Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fanatic

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Dear Nicolas Cage,

You are what I thought you were.

Signed,
    Tired of Hollywood

Please do not worry about Nicholas Cage...he will apologize, he will really be sorry and all will be forgiven. This is getting to be the way of Hollywood.
    I never liked Nicholas Cage as an actor and think the bounty hunter is ..well I am not allowed to type what I think of him on this site. All I can say is birds of a feather flock together....maybe they can all get together with Charlie Sheen and start their own production.
    There's no place like home!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I do think that Nicholas Cage is a decent actor. But, like a lot of celebs, he's an absolute yahoo in his off-screen life.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Nic Cage may be a decent actor, but he hasn't done any decent work in years. I agree with Sean Penn, who said that Nic Cage is no longer an actor - he's a movie star.....and not in a good way.
    Last edited by Critical; 04-24-2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Spelling. Good grief.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Please do not worry about Nicholas Cage...he will apologize, he will really be sorry and all will be forgiven. This is getting to be the way of Hollywood. I never liked Nicholas Cage as an actor and think the bounty hunter is ..well I am not allowed to type what I think of him on this site. All I can say is birds of a feather flock together....maybe they can all get together with Charlie Sheen and start their own production.
    Or they run to rehab until it all blows over. As for Dog, I probably would agree with your thoughts on him if we were allowed to type it. I look at him the same way I view Gloria Allred (who I wouldn't be surprised to see pop up in the thick of this at some point).

I was never a fan of Nicholas. There may have been movies he was in that I liked, but he had no bearing on it.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I was never a fan of Nicholas. There may have been movies he was in that I liked, but he had no bearing on it.

Exactly! I am thinking specifically of the National Treasure movies. Enjoyed the story line and loved seeing Justin Bartha (Riley Poole), but there is a handful of actors who I would have enjoyed much more as Ben Gates.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I loved him in Adaption (nominated for Oscar), Leaving Las Vegas (Oscar for best actor), Moonstruck, and Raising Arizona - one of my all time favorite films.

According to IMDB, he has had at least one film released every year since 1981 - in other words, for the last 30 years. Currently, has 5 in post production to be released 2011-2013. While I'm not a fan of fantasy/sci fi/horror genres, Nick seems to keep himself busy in them, It's hard to understand why he's over his head financially. Say what you will about him, he's no layabout.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 04-25-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Rimes and Cibrian tie the knot after a controversial start to their relationship.

LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian Marry - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Nicholas is suffering what a lot of really hot overpaid actors do they get literally bored with no goals left. When you have traveled everywhere in the world, bought the best cars and homes, and have had all the perks in life, what is left? People need goals.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Nicholas is suffering what a lot of really hot overpaid actors do they get literally bored with no goals left. When you have traveled everywhere in the world, bought the best cars and homes, and have had all the perks in life, what is left? People need goals.
    I think what Nicolas Cage is suffering from is the aftermath of his over-consumption and bad money management. He didn't pay his taxes, so he owes the IRS a HUGE amount of money and is now taking whatever jobs he can to earn money. His only goal right now is paying the government since he's been largely unsuccessful at selling his various homes in this economy. Unfortunately for him, if and when he resolves his money problems, he'll have damaged his career to the point where he'll have trouble being taken seriously again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread