+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657585960616263641041545541054 ... LastLast
Like Tree5195Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Question, does anyone know why Britney's parents aren't more involved in her life? This girl acts like she has had zero home training, and self-respect. What's the deal?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Her mom always came across as such a stage mom, completely enjoying every aspect of her daughter's celebrity, and pushing her along the way (and then doing the same with her daughter) that I've always been of the impression that making her a star was far more important to them than raising her into a confident, competent woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2160700;
    She once said: "I play hard to get. If you turn sex down for a couple of days it makes it better."
    What I question is...didn't she make Nick wait YEARS before having sex on their wedding night?

So how many men has she made wait days? Sounds like Jessica has been a very busy girl since her split with Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2162375;
    It freezes over regularly every winter in Michigan.

http://www.hell2u.com/index.htm
    Thanks, question answered. A Hollywood forever lasts approximately nine months (from Hell's thaw to Hell's next freeze).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka
    Her mom always came across as such a stage mom, completely enjoying every aspect of her daughter's celebrity, and pushing her along the way (and then doing the same with her daughter) that I've always been of the impression that making her a star was far more important to them than raising her into a confident, competent woman.
    I also think she made the announcement for attention. Just a few months ago she released a statement that her and Tony were going through very tough times. Seriously, do I care? Its not likt they were married/engaged at the time. I hope Eva and Tony NEVER get married and split soon. I'm sick and tired of her showing up at every single Spurs game trying to buy camera time and I'm also sick of ESPN focusing, interviewing, and/or commentating on her whenever she shows up. Seriously, I'm here to watch a basketball game, not to hear another recap of Desperate Housewives. Granted, Spurs games aren't that exciting anyways, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2162513;
    What I question is...didn't she make Nick wait YEARS before having sex on their wedding night?

So how many men has she made wait days? Sounds like Jessica has been a very busy girl since her split with Nick.

I think that was something she played up for her career. Do you honestly think Nick was staying celibate for Jessica's sake? I think not. Even if it wasn't with her, it was with someone else. Either way i'm not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    I also think she made the announcement for attention. Just a few months ago she released a statement that her and Tony were going through very tough times. Seriously, do I care? Its not likt they were married/engaged at the time. I hope Eva and Tony NEVER get married and split soon.
    Lmao! That's actually what i was thinking last night. For some reason, i'm just not buying this relationship. I do like seeing interracial couples together but i think eva just wants someone to take care of her. I doubt she's at all ready for marriage, her first one merely ended last year and it lasted about a year.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2163838;
    I think that was something she played up for her career. Do you honestly think Nick was staying celibate for Jessica's sake? I think not. Even if it wasn't with her, it was with someone else. Either way i'm not buying it.
    I agree. I think that the public presentation of Jessica's personal live is VERY carefully crafted for maximum marketing benefit. When she's going after a crowd where strong moral values is important (teenage girls, the Christian community) she plays up the virgin label. When she's going after a crowd where being a sexpot is important (Maxim readers) she plays up the vixen act. I don't think that either one is sincere.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I think some of them use the sex and relationships news to compensate for a lack of talent. That or they crave the spotlight, only so they can complain that they don't have any privacy. Why have your publicist release the news and then have them arrange an interview where you can complain about it? I saw something on tv the other day where a papparrazi claimed that they are tipped off by publicists for most of their photos, particulary ones at clubs and restaurants.

ETA:
    Lindsay Lohan attending AA meetings

By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer 39 minutes ago

Lindsay Lohan has been attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, her publicist said Friday. "She started attending some, and I think it's a positive thing," Leslie Sloane told The Associated Press. "My biggest fear is who's the big idiot to out which (chapter) she goes to."

She said Lohan, 20, made the decision on her own to attend meetings, although Sloane added: "And, by the way, she's not saying ... she'll stop drinking tomorrow."

"It's a place to go and feel safe," she said. "No one judges her, and it's going to be a slow process. But, to me, the fact that she's seeing that there's something not right makes her smarter than the next person."

In an interview Friday with E! Entertainment Television's Ryan Seacrest, Lohan's mother, Dina, echoed Sloane's comments. "That is true ... It's a positive thing," she said.

The New York Post first reported sightings of Lohan at an AA meeting earlier this week. The actress, who's currently filming "The Best Time of Our Lives," recurringly makes that paper's gossipy Page Six and other celebrity columns for her hard-partying ways.

Sloane said she thinks the press was unfair to Lohan by ridiculing a statement the actress wrote following last week's death of Robert Altman, who directed her in "A Prairie Home Companion."

A sad Lohan wrote the rambling letter "on the fly" on her Blackberry, Sloane said.

The letter, in which Lohan signs off with "BE ADEQUITE," has been criticized by a number of media observers for its grammatical errors and misspellings, among other things — including exploiting Altman's death for her own publicity purposes.

Patt Morrison, a columnist for the Los Angeles Times, derided it on The Huffington Post Web site as "alarmingly incoherent" and said Altman might find it "comedic."

"I want everyone to leave her the hell alone," Sloane said. "I'm so bored of this with her. No matter what she does, it's never good enough for everybody."

___

On the Net:

http://www.lindsay-lohan.org/
    Yahoo News
    Last edited by rt1ky; 12-01-2006 at 08:32 PM.

I love that she's going to AA, but she's not going to stop drinking
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"My biggest fear is who's the big idiot to out which (chapter) she goes to...
    Some "idiot" will probably "out" which meeting she attends? AA is anonymous, and the last thing I can see the members wanting to do is call attention to their anonymity by announcing to the world at large that she attends their meetings. Which probably won't be a meeting in the poorer section of town, by the way.

She said Lohan, 20, made the decision on her own to attend meetings, although Sloane added: "And, by the way, she's not saying ... she'll stop drinking tomorrow."
    So why is she going to the meetings, to crack her gum and flash the other members when she crosses her legs?

...to me, the fact that she's seeing that there's something not right makes her smarter than the next person."
    I've heard LL called many things, but smart isn't one of them.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread