+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post

Wouldn't you know it? Some horrible person snatched Charlie's phone and sent a text to Brooke's phone talking about executing Charlie's boss (referred to as Jew). Who did this to him? Why does he keep hooking up with women who set him up, lie on him and falsely accuse him of abuse? Charlie says Brooke sent it.

Seems Brooke says it wasn't her. She wasn't near him all day and she has an alibi...Paris Hilton no less. They were filming together all day for a tv show!
    You can't make stuff like this up. LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-02-2011 at 03:53 PM.

If we did what Sheen did, we'd be in jail
    By LZ Granderson, Special to CNN
    March 2, 2011 1:29 p.m. EST

Grand Rapids, Michigan (CNN) -- There is a four-letter word that should apply to Charlie Sheen. It's jail -- as in, why isn't he there?

Hollywood people are different from you and me.

Try trashing the next hotel you're in and then tell cops you just did some coke and see just how much you have in common with Sheen. Get the police to file a report that says you choked someone, held a knife to her throat, threatened to kill her -- and then try to go back to work as if everything's OK. Trash the furniture in your hotel suite, greet the cops naked, tell them you freebased cocaine and get to dismiss the whole affair as "a bad night."

Only in Hollywood would such a person not only be removed from being fully accountable for his actions but instead covered by the media as if he were influencing foreign policy.

I'm not saying Sheen's guilty before a trial and I hear the outcry of people saying he needs help. They're right. Sheen does appear to be spiraling out of control. But he's never going to stop and get help until his enablers stop covering for him. And he has to stop -- not just before he gets hurt, but before someone else does.
    Get the police to file a report that says you choked someone, held a knife to her throat, and then go back to work.

I'm not big on judging the parental skills of others, but to see Sheen's father, actor Martin Sheen, compare his son's behavior during his celebrated week of erratic public appearances to that of someone battling cancer, only provides a snapshot as to why Sheen behaves as if he's above the law. He very well may need psychiatric help, but it's because Sheen is the star of the now defunct and eternally mediocre CBS comedy "Two and a Half Men," that the help has yet to arrive.

It's partly our fault. Had Sheen been treated like a citizen of the United States as opposed to a royal with diplomatic immunity, maybe things wouldn't have gotten this bad for him and his family. But -- to paraphrase a line from Eminem: This is what we do. And by "we" I mean society, and by "what" I speak of the manner in which we treat actors, and athletes, and pop singers and reality stars as if they are untouchables.

Even as we shake our heads at the headlines and mumble unflattering things about their misguided choices, we still seem to be subliminally comfortable characterizing their behavior as harmless, because they have money and fame. Late-night comedians crack jokes at their expense, or, as Sheen did on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight," the accused sprinkle in some self-deprecating humor to show just how "regular" they are.

Yeah, right.

Breakdowns and bad behavior in celebrity circles lead to sympathy and smiles. For the rest of us everyday people, whose terrible behavior never seems interesting enough to trend on Twitter, it more often means hard jail time.

But we need that yin/yang tension, don't we? Besides, that dynamic is unlikely to change in the near future because well-adjusted, happy people are bad for the media business. It's even harder on the self-esteem of those of us who consume media. After all, if we can't look down our noses at the Sheens, or Christina Aguileras or Whitney Houstons, how on earth are we going to survive our less than glamorous, day-to-day existence? We need them and they need us.
    If we did what Sheen did, we'd be in jail - CNN.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Poor Serena. Now, she gets to spend the next 6 months on an anti-coagulant and getting frequent bloodwork.
    I know! Those types of things always scare the heck out of me. One of my best friends died of a dvt at 34 years old. Those types of things can take you out really quickly.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Two things - both pretty funny in my book:
    Justin Bieber sold the hair from his haircut for $40,000 (ebay?) and donated it to an animal shelter.
    Dancing with the stars has an ad out flaunting their new celebrities with catchy descriptive phrases... Kirstie Alley is "the most outrageous actress in Hollywood". Really?
    Count your blessings!

They should save a bed right next to Charlie Sheen's for whoever paid $40,000 for Bieber's hair.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was very surprised to hear that Denise Richards' daughters with Sheen were in that house, too. That makes no sense to me. I thought she had better sense than that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like Zsa Zsa has made a decision to let nature take it's course. I am sooo on her side. They need to keep her pain-free, if she wishes.

Zsa Zsa Gabor Refuses Leg Amputation Surgery | PopEater.com
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

While I am of sound mind, I would like to have the courage to make those kinds of decisions. She has lead a full life. At her age and with such prolonged health problems, I think she's made the right call. May she pass peacefully and without pain.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Crack causes brain damage, so it actually could be the drugs even if he's not currently using. He's said at least once in the last week that crack is okay if you can "manage it socially," whatever that means

I saw a few seconds of him on one of the morning shows today before I turned it off. He looks like a junkie. One of his "goddesses" (who, frankly, looked like a college coed....and not even a particularly pretty one) kept talking about how wonderful his kids are and about holding one of them upstairs right before the interview and I wondered what the heck that kid's mother was thinking letting him be in that house. Of course, she did marry Charlie Sheen, so her judgment isn't the greatest.
    Her protection petition states that he removed the twins from her home without permission and refused to return them. When she went to his house to get them, he threatened to decapitate her (this on the phone), put her head in a box and sent it to her mom. He then said that if she was recording the call, she could consider this as already done.

The petition also asked for permission to tape his phone calls with her. It was granted, along with the other relief she sought. Brooke Mueller may not be a Rhodes scholar, but she can read the writing on the wall.

Charlie Sheen has a 20 year history of troubles with the law, including incidents of physically abusing women. The 1990 shooting of Kelly Preston could not have happened the way she described - the probability of that story being true is infinitely remote. I think it is more probable that the Sheens opened up the family checkbook for that story.

A Timeline of Charlie Sheen's Strange Legal Woes - The Hollywood Reporter
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Charlie Sheen has a 20 year history of troubles with the law, including incidents of physically abusing women. The 1990 shooting of Kelly Preston could not have happened the way she described - the probability of that story being true is infinitely remote. I think it is more probable that the Sheens opened up the family checkbook for that story.
    I had never heard that story about Kelly Preston. It seems full of baloney to me!

+ Reply to Thread