+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5195Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

FORT Fogey

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I saw the Charlie Sheen interview on NBC while I was working out. Something appears to be very wrong with him, and I'm not just talking about the fact that he wasn't making any sense. He kept jerking his head to the side in quick little bobs and he barely blinked. Made me wonder if there were something beyond the drug addiction behind all this strange behavior or if the drug abuse had been severe enough to cause some neurological problems.

At this point, I also think interviewing him is a bit beyond the pale, as there's nothing to be gained from it. He doesn't answer questions. He just rambles incoherently, and it's quite possible that the attention is just feeding the manic behavior. Just the few minutes I saw of the interview didn't make me want to rush out and watch more. My overwhelming reaction was to feel great pity for his family and friends who will now forever have a public record of his meltdown. Oh, and additional pity for everyone connected to his show whose employment is jeopardized by his issues. I never watched the show myself, but this is no job market in which to be out of work. If the show is canceled, the people behind the scenes, who aren't paid the way Sheen was, and don't have the option to bank enough money to live comfortably for some time, may be facing some tough times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I saw the Charlie Sheen interview on NBC while I was working out. Something appears to be very wrong with him, and I'm not just talking about the fact that he wasn't making any sense. He kept jerking his head to the side in quick little bobs and he barely blinked. Made me wonder if there were something beyond the drug addiction behind all this strange behavior or if the drug abuse had been severe enough to cause some neurological problems.
    He is young, but could there be some dementia setting in? He is clearly not just ill from drugs.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't help but wonder why Charlie's ditzy ex-wife doesn't go for sole custody of their boys. This makes no sense to me. She seems to be as big an idiot as he is. I can't stand these tramps that he's exposing his boys to. I'm even embarrassed for their families.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    He is young, but could there be some dementia setting in? He is clearly not just ill from drugs.
    Crack causes brain damage, so it actually could be the drugs even if he's not currently using. He's said at least once in the last week that crack is okay if you can "manage it socially," whatever that means

I saw a few seconds of him on one of the morning shows today before I turned it off. He looks like a junkie. One of his "goddesses" (who, frankly, looked like a college coed....and not even a particularly pretty one) kept talking about how wonderful his kids are and about holding one of them upstairs right before the interview and I wondered what the heck that kid's mother was thinking letting him be in that house. Of course, she did marry Charlie Sheen, so her judgment isn't the greatest.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    He's forty-five. That's not too young for dementia (actually, I don't think anyone's too young for dementia--it's just more common in the elderly). I've known people with early onset Alzheimers in their late forties and early fifties. I'm not saying he's looking as if he has Alzheimers, however. I was just using that as an example.

I do think a full neurological work-up would be a good idea if he hasn't had one (and somehow, I doubt he'd have submitted for one voluntarily). He's got delusions of grandeur, for sure, and his physical behavior--the head bobbing, the constant staring--just aren't typical of someone who is completely healthy. Maybe it's just a mental issue or a drug-related issue, but if I were his family, I'd want to rule out any physical problems first. My guess is that most doctors would want to do that too. There's not much point in trying to do therapy with someone whose problems are being affected by a physical ailment until that ailment is first addressed. God forbid it should be something like a tumor that's affecting his ability to make good choices and thus contributing to the drug use and other bizarre behavior.

My mother has bi-polar and she's a recovered alcoholic. She's 69 and drank away most of her adult years. She never really got into the drug scene but she does the twitching, jerking thing with her head, too. I don't know how she manages to chain smoke without missing her mouth. And her eyes always look like they are going to bug out of her head. So I'd say it's from years of abuse.

I get why the ex-wife is still on the scene. She has major drug issues, as well. Didn't she just finish 'treatment', too? Someone needs to step in and take those boys out of that situation. NOW.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

ABC and Radar Online had Sheen's blood and urine tested for drugs over the weekend.

The results were "a big win for Charlie Sheen, no question," said Radar's Dylan Howard. He said the dual tests revealed Sheen hadn't had drugs in at least 72 hours.
    This is just laughable. Not using drugs for three days means he is clean and it is a "big win" for him? Yeah, right.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    This is just laughable. Not using drugs for three days means he is clean and it is a "big win" for him? Yeah, right.
    Exactly. Big win for Charlie for not doing crack for a whole three days. I must be a GIANT winner then!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

If he's only been clean for three days, couldn't he still be going through withdrawal symptoms? Yet they're interviewing him repeatedly on network television while he babbles nonsensically? The whole thing is just very scary, and it's really ceased to be news, even in terms of entertainment news. He's just a total human train wreck at this point. It must be heartbreaking for his father, brother, and anyone else who actually cares about him.

It just keeps getting worse. The "interview" tonight on 20/20 really makes me mad. As mad as all the other media outlets airing/interviewing him. And he's joined twitter. Yikes.

+ Reply to Thread