+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5270Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Unless someone has been declared mentally incompetent, they cannot be made to go to rehab. Especially in Charlie's case, since he hasn't been convicted of anything, like a drug-related offense that would force him to choose between jail or rehab. An adult can't be made to go into rehab involuntarily. Unless someone is able to get through to him, he'll either stop drugs and get some help or he'll die. My feeling is that he'll be dead soon. He looks absolutely dreadful....like a junkie, which is what he is.
    That's a very good point. Unless someone wants to put a 72-hour hold on him at a hospital he cannot be forced anywhere.

It's so sad, but you often cannot help those who will not help themselves. (aka who somewhere inside themselves want to change).

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Mr. Rattus and I were discussing the show this morning due to an article in the paper about this situation. We decided between ourselves that Charlie's character should leave for some reason to be determined, and Herb (Ryan Stiles) should divorce Judith and move in with Alan (Jon Cryer) at the Malibu house, thereby having both of Judith's ex-husbands living together.
    Perfect scenario.

It would be odd to replace Sheen with Emilio Estevaz...he was on an episode, played Charlie's best friend and died.
    There's no place like home!

Did anyone watch Charlie's interviews this morning? I missed them, but here's a breakdown:
    Charlie Sheen On 'Today': Demands A Raise To $3 Million Per Episode

First Posted: 02/28/11 08:15 AM Updated: 02/28/11 10:48 AM

NEW YORK - Charlie Sheen says he wants a raise to come back to the CBS show "Two and a Half Men."

The troubled star appeared on dueling morning show interviews Monday to continue an attack on CBS and producers of his hit sitcom for shutting down the show because of his off-set behavior. Both ABC's "Good Morning America" and NBC's "Today" show aired lengthy segments of their interviews in their first and second half hours.

It was startling television that overshadowed morning-after Oscars coverage. Sheen boasted about his "epic" partying, said he's fueled by "violent hatred" of his bosses, said he cleaned up from drugs at home at his "Sober Valley Lodge" and said he's "tired of pretending I'm not a total, bitchin' rock star from Mars."

NBC interviewer Jeff Rossen appeared taken aback when Sheen said he wanted to be paid $3 million an episode to return to the show. He's reportedly paid $1.8 million an episode now, one of the highest-paid actors on television.

"You want a raise?" Rossen asked.

Replied Sheen: "Yeah, look what they put me through."

On ABC, Sheen said to correspondent Andrea Canning that he planned to sue his bosses.

"Wouldn't you?" he said. "I've got a whole family to support and love. People beyond me are relying on that. I'm here to collect. They're going to lose. They're going to lose in a courtroom, so I would recommend that they settle out of court."

While Sheen said in a radio interview last week that it would be impossible to do a ninth season of "Two and a Half Men" with the show's creators in charge, he said in the television interviews he's ready to work another season.

He said CBS owes him an apology, "publicly, while licking my feet."

Sheen, who was hospitalized three times in three months, said that he's bored now with cocaine. But he said he "exposed people to magic" when they partied with him and that he loved doing drugs.

"What's not to love?" he said on ABC. "Especially when you see how I party. It was epic. The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards just look like droopy-eyed armless children."

ABC and Radar Online had Sheen's blood and urine tested for drugs over the weekend.

The results were "a big win for Charlie Sheen, no question," said Radar's Dylan Howard. He said the dual tests revealed Sheen hadn't had drugs in at least 72 hours.

"I am on a drug," Sheen said. "It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

When Canning asked Sheen whether the people who supplied him with drugs were out of his life, Sheen hesitated.

"That's nobody's business," he said. "I think you know the answer to that."

The interviews heightened the competition between the two top-rated morning shows. ABC spokeswoman Alison Bridgman said Sheen had promised Saturday that ABC would get the only television interview last weekend but "changed his mind." Both "Today" and "Good Morning America" said they planned to air more segments of their interview on Tuesday, and ABC is planning a "20/20" special with Sheen on Tuesday.

Both networks had their own boasts: "Today" said Sheen had given NBC his "first morning show interview," while ABC said it had gotten the "first television interview since the controversy erupted."
    Charlie Sheen On 'Today': Demands A Raise To $3 Million Per Episode (VIDEO)

So yeah, still freaking crazy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

I never watch the Today Show, but it was on the channel when I woke up, and there was Charlie. Nuts as all get out! What really pissed me off, was him demanding more money per episode, for the stress and aggrevation he has endured.

I am a retired teacher (retired early) as I was comfortable, and district was doing lay-offs, as so many across the country are facing. Think about all the people loosing jobs, have jobs they don't like, and would never make in a lifetime what he makes per episode. He doesn't even attempt to know what stress is.

I am so pissed, just wish he would go away!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I'm trying to decide if
    "I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
    is even crazier than the earlier one about Vatican Assassin Warlocks.

If you don't recall...

"Guys, it's right there in the thing, duh! We work for the Pope, we murder people. We're Vatican assassins. How complicated can it be? What they're not ready for is guys like you and I and Nails and all the other gnarly gnarlingtons in my life, that we are high priests, Vatican assassin warlocks. Boom. Print that, people. See where that goes."
    Faces melting off because of the Charlie Sheen drug might be a tie though.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I feel for his family. It can't be fun to watch a loved one have a very public meltdown and ruin his career at the same time.

Well, Denise Richards must be feeling pretty vindicated at this point. To think at one point that a lot of people believed Sheen was the better parent. Yikes.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Every day it gets worse.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

John Stamos rumored to replace Sheen.

Then Stamos denies it (in quite a funny way).

https://twitter.com/JohnStamos/status/41175299400011776

contrary to the rumors, i am not replacing charlie sheen on two and half men. however, martin sheen has asked me to be his son.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3 View Post
    I never watch the Today Show, but it was on the channel when I woke up, and there was Charlie. Nuts as all get out! What really pissed me off, was him demanding more money per episode, for the stress and aggrevation he has endured.
    Hey, poor Charlie. He needs an extra million and a half per episode because like he said, "I've got a whole family to support and love. People beyond me are relying on that."
    Seriously, how can a family survive on only $1.8 million per episode??????

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    John Stamos rumored to replace Sheen.

Then Stamos denies it (in quite a funny way).

https://twitter.com/JohnStamos/status/41175299400011776
    I have been hearing those rumors too. Where there is smoke, there is fire
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread