+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

The train wreck otherwise known as Charlie Sheen continues. Bravo to CBS for pulling the plug on the show, but I feel bad for all of the people who have now been put out of work because of this self-absorbed jackass. There is no way he wasn't completely loaded in that radio interview. He won't make it to 50....heck, I'd be surprised if he made it to 2012.

CBS calls Charlie Sheen's bluff, shuts down 'Two and a Half Men' for season
    By Alan Sepinwall - If you insult your bosses long enough, they'll respond

Thursday, Feb 24, 2011 8:42 PM

With his public comments the last few weeks, "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen has essentially been daring CBS and Warner Bros. to put him out of work.

Thursday night - after his latest, strangest radio rant - his bosses called his bluff, shutting down production for the rest of this season.

And after the events of the last few hours, it's hard to imagine how the show could come back next year with Sheen as its star.

Earlier today, Sheen appeared on "The Alex Jones Show" and, among other things, used the anti-semitic slur "Hymie" to describe boss Chuck Lorre, called Alcoholics Anonymous a "bootleg cult," insisted he cured his own alcoholism "with my mind," and rambled on about Vatican assassins, trolls and other delightful topics. (TMZ has the audio if you feel the need to experience it for yourself.)

A few hours after the interview went viral, CBS and Warner Bros. put out this terse statement: "Based on the totality of Charlie Sheenís statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season."

At this point, there seemed to be no other choice. No matter how much money "Men" generates for the network and studio, and no matter how many other actors and crew members it employs, there was no way Sheen could come back to work after he had repeatedly antagonized his bosses like this.

So let me ask, once again: at what point does someone contemplate the possibility of doing the show without him? Maybe it will be a big disaster, but it can't be any worse than the current situation, can it?
    CBS calls Charlie Sheens bluff, shuts down Two and a Half Men for season - HitFix.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Cannot say I'm surprised... only in that it took this long for Charlie to say something of this degree. He's been baiting everyone for a while now. Though, I do think some people (Chuck Lorre in particular) could have refrained from their actions, I also firmly believe that it was only a matter of time before things shut down for the year.

He's had some type of break from reality. Perhaps for a while now and people were just able to hide it better. His ideas about buying certain properties and his delusions in how he was going to get better were all signs of an unhealthy mind.

What he needs (and other celebs) are not syccophants, but people who are capable of saying no and sticking to it.

This was Charlie's response to the cancellation (via TMZ) The letter reads:
    What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

Remember these are my people ... not yours...we will continue on together...

Charlie Sheen
    Charlie Sheen RAGES in Open Letter | TMZ.com

Seriously. No way that guy isn't completely wasted. Plus, I don't think Charlie Sheen has done anything "gracefully" in his life. Ever. Sadly, there are plenty of greedy people in the world who will ride the money train as long as they can, even if Charlie ends up dead.... and I can't imagine there's any way he won't end up dead.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Well, this might be what finally breaks the camels back. He's pissing away his career and with the amount of money you KNOW he spends on blow and hookers, he'll be bankrupt in no time. I'd be really surprised if he works again after this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I don't know that he'll run out of money any time soon. He was pulling in $1.2M per episode. That's a lot of Coke and hos.

Good news though: Charlie won't be paid for the now-canceled episodes. No word on whether the rest of the cast and crew will be compensated.

insisted he cured his own alcoholism "with my mind,"
    Uh oh. Did the Scientologists get to him?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I feel really bad for the rest of the cast and crew who have to put up with this guy. Time to retool the show and come back without him.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I saw a brief blurb from an interview with Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez. Kind of sad, they really do appear very concerned about Charlie's behaviour. I get the impression he is not close to them right now. Emilio, however, looks great.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I feel really bad for the rest of the cast and crew who have to put up with this guy. Time to retool the show and come back without him.
    My thoughts exactly. For anyone else, being replaced would send the message that they are NOT indispensable, but for him, I'm not so sure.

For the sake of "Alan" and "Jake", I would like to see "Charlie" written out of the show. They can find a note saying he ran off to marry girlfriend #7,453. Bring in a singer/songwriter (would be a shame to let the piano gather dust) and see how it goes. The show can't fail any worse than it's failing right now. They could even use it to host a string of guest appearances by REAL musicians - one a week . . . . a jingle writers B&B.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread