+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3898Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

What shocks me most about Xtina's flub is that she has to have been singing that song for most of her life. Her childhood was jam packed with public singing appearances on the way up, including the whole "little girl prodigy sings anthem at minor league baseball game" type of thing. She should have that song SO cold she could do it in her sleep.

Even worse than the lyric flub were the horrible runs she put in. Yes, she's normally great at runs. Far better than most. But those came over like bricks falling from a wall. They stunk. Lea Michele, in her song, wisely abstained from all of that crap (and Michele usually isn't one for restraint).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The Black Eyed Peas was THE absolute WORST superbowl half time show I can ever remember and I have seen 44 of them.

They were just plain horrible

See, I know that Christina has a amazing voice, but all that screeching and 'runs' just ruined the National Anthem, IMO. Even if she hadn't flubbed the words (which I can understand happening) - I would NOT have enjoyed that rendition at all. It barely sounded like the National Anthem I know and love.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

FORT Fanatic

I am so tired of reading how these performers were somehow waylayed by a bad soundsystem. These are professional performers. The only probelm to me is the lack of a studio autotune system to fix their abhorant abilities. Xtina sounded really bad, to all those who complain about the flubbed line, I say, she is not a good live singer so dont put here out there to perform without alot of back up singers.
    the BlackEyedPeas just plain stunk, the fact that they had dress rehersals and practices for that them and no one stood up and said how bad the whole thing looked and sounded speaks volumes about the yesmen these celebrities surround themselves with.
    Bad costumes, bad singing, bad choreoghaphy, bad performances. For Fergie to say she knew she was a little "pitchy" is an understatement of epic proportions.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Personally, I liked the Peas performance. I loved the dancers. I loved Usher's contribution. FOX's sound people have some explaining to do. I was just grateful that it wasn't that overdone Bieber-brat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can kind of understand Christina getting mixed up with the lyrics. It could happen, no matter how often you've sung it before audiences. But I wish she, and a whole lot of others, would just leave our National Anthem alone and sing it the way it was written.
    At that time, I don't want, nor am I interested in, the range of their voice and what tricks they can do with it. I want a respectful rendition of a song that reminds us how lucky we are to be in this country. If I want to hear vocal gymnastics, I'll buy her records.
    I also don't want to hear lame excuses for why they messed up. Just say, oops, I goofed. period.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;4183020;
    I am so tired of reading how these performers were somehow waylayed by a bad soundsystem. These are professional performers. The only probelm to me is the lack of a studio autotune system to fix their abhorant abilities. Xtina sounded really bad, to all those who complain about the flubbed line, I say, she is not a good live singer so dont put here out there to perform without alot of back up singers.
    the BlackEyedPeas just plain stunk, the fact that they had dress rehersals and practices for that them and no one stood up and said how bad the whole thing looked and sounded speaks volumes about the yesmen these celebrities surround themselves with.
    Bad costumes, bad singing, bad choreoghaphy, bad performances. For Fergie to say she knew she was a little "pitchy" is an understatement of epic proportions.
    I've seen her sing live a capella she is an amazing singer. People have off days.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

This morning, I learned that all performers of the anthem at the Super Bowl, have the option of lip-synching. It's up to them. They also make a back up recording in case they can't get there for some reason; their voice will at least be there! Bigger people than Miss Chrissy have opted to used the lip-synch due to the known problems (echoes, etc.) with singing in those venues. And I am a Christina fan. She has a fabulous voice!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I respect Christina a lot more for singing live, even if she flubbed the lyrics. To me. lip syncing is cheating. I'm looking at you, Whitney Houston! Christina has a beautiful voice without any assistance, unlike many many popular performers, including Fergie, who probably should have lip synced her halftime show performance
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread