+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3916Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Another celebrity passing - original "Danno" on Hawaii Five -O

James MacArthur, 'Hawaii Five-0' actor, dies | EW.com

James MacArthur, the actor who played Danno in the original Hawaii Five-0, passed away this morning, according to a Paramount rep. The actor — the son of screenwriter Charles MacArthur and actress Helen Hayes — was 72 years old; no cause of death was given.

Along with his 11-year stint playing Detective Dan Williams in Hawaii Five-0, MacArthur appeared in films like 1960′s Swiss Family Robinson, and 1965′s The Battle of the Bulge. The actor also appeared on Broadway in Invitation to a March. Other films on his resume include: 1965′s The Truth About Spring, 1963′s Cry of Battle, 1963′s Spencer’s Mountain, and 1962′s The Interns.

Actress Marion Ross (Happy Days) said in a statement, “After swooning over him in Swiss Family Robinson, I got to have a date with him on Hawaii Five-0 and toured the country with him in [the play] Arsenic and Old Lace, which was a joy.”

Peter Lenkov, the executive producer of CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 remake, sent regards to MacArthur’s family. “We’ve lost a special part of our heritage today,” Lenkov said in a statement to EW. “James’ talents and memorable role helped bring this series to life and his support of our remake meant the world to us. The phrase ‘Book ‘em Danno’ will forever be testimony to an actor and character that will not be forgotten. The thoughts and prayers of everyone here at Hawaii Five-0 go out to his family, his friends, and his many, many fans around the world.”
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4089530;
    More news from the crazy world of Randy Quaid:

Apparently, he and his wife has applied for refugee status and are seeking asylum in Canada to escape "the murderers of Hollywood"
    They've now been released from a Immigration holding facility because it turns out Evi qualifies as a Canadian!

Her father has/had Canadian citizenship which means she does also. (In Canada, if your parents are Canadian, you are too, regardless of whether you were born in Canada yourself.)

That probably means Evi can sponsor Randy, and they both can stay in Canada legally for as long as they want.

Former 'Partridge Family' star David Cassidy charged with DUI | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

FORT PIERCE, Fla. Former "Partridge Family" heartthrob David Cassidy has been charged with driving under the influence in Florida.

The Florida Highway Patrol says his car was stopped around 6 p.m. Wednesday for weaving and nearly causing an accident.

Cassidy told a trooper that he had a glass of wine at lunch and a hydrocodone pill at 3:30 p.m. Troopers reported finding a half-empty bottle of bourbon in the back seat.

The FHP says Cassidy failed a field sobriety test and two breath tests. Cassidy posted $350 bail and was released from jail early Thursday.

His spokeswoman, Jo-Ann Geffen, told TMZ he admits taking a pain pill and being tired from attending a funeral, but insists he was not drunk. She did not immediately return an e-mail from The Associated Press.
    Nope, he wasn't drunk.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edixoo;4092931;
    They've now been released from a Immigration holding facility because it turns out Evi qualifies as a Canadian!

Her father has/had Canadian citizenship which means she does also. (In Canada, if your parents are Canadian, you are too, regardless of whether you were born in Canada yourself.)

That probably means Evi can sponsor Randy, and they both can stay in Canada legally for as long as they want.
    Our loss is Canada's gain.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Desperate Housewives Eva Longoria Parker has filed for divorce from her husband of 3 years, San Antonio Spurs point guard, Tony Parker.

Eva Longoria Parker Files for Divorce - omg! news on Yahoo!

You always know when they're denying a divorce to the press that it's coming any day!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It was confirmed today. Apparently, he has been texting a friend of hers for about a year. This marriage made it 3 years. Her previous marriage made it 2 years. See? Looks don't really mean a thing!

Eva Longoria Files for Divorce From Tony Parker | PopEater.com
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4108047;
    It was confirmed today. Apparently, he has been texting a friend of hers for about a year. This marriage made it 3 years. Her previous marriage made it 2 years. See? Looks don't really mean a thing!

Eva Longoria Files for Divorce From Tony Parker | PopEater.com
    Stay away from athletes! Haven't we learned enough with Tiger??? There seem to be very few and far between that are decent guys!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I would call the death knell to their relationship at her getting a tattoo of his name in her body.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;4108276;
    I would call the death knell to their relationship at her getting a tattoo of his name in her body.
    Isn't that usually the case?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread