+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4531Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

George Michael arrested after SEVENTH driving related incident!

George Michael crashes his car into photo shop, arrested | The Money Times
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

There are pictures of Lindsay at her trial yesterday with "F*** U" written on the fingernail of her middle finger. She kept covering her mouth with her fingers. Yeah, sure she respects the court. She's 24 years old. I'd say it's about time to grow up. Of course, her mother came out and talked about how unfair it is that someone would do this to her meal ticket child. Mother of the Year she isn't.

Sad about George Michael. I wish he'd get his act together. Such a wonderful voice.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I heard, somewhere, that it takes about 5-6 times in rehab before it finally works.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3968360;
    There are pictures of Lindsay at her trial yesterday with "F*** U" written on the fingernail of her middle finger. She kept covering her mouth with her fingers. Yeah, sure she respects the court. She's 24 years old. I'd say it's about time to grow up. Of course, her mother came out and talked about how unfair it is that someone would do this to her meal ticket child. Mother of the Year she isn't.

Sad about George Michael. I wish he'd get his act together. Such a wonderful voice.
    I can only hope that the judge in this case sees the photos and triples the sentence for this idiot.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Okay, that's something she could have avoided, so I'm sure it was intentional. You don't go out of your way to look like Suzy Sunshine and forget that little detail. Little Ms. Lohan probably thought she was going to walk out of there with a warning and get to go party it up. Her parents are oblivious. She needs help, or something, because she's breaking the law and apparently the judges other attempts at trying to be nice aren't working. I appreciate her dad's efforts to try and push for rehab, if he didn't come off like such a media hound who's in it for the publicity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3968360;

Reg. LL: Jail is the best thing that could ever happen to this girl. She's on a subconscious suicide mission, I think. If something doesn't happen soon, she'll be in a grave in a a very short time.

Her parents messed her up something good. I guess her father was a craptastic idiot for most of her youth, but he's still the better of the two. I've read where LL would be better off with him than Dina now-a-days - which may be true.

Reg. GM: Agreed.

Funny how both are so talented yet completely unable to pull it together.

The problem with Lindsay is, she doesn't think she has a problem. That's the issue with people and addiction, they have to recognize something's wrong and that they need help, then seek it. Her parents have used her as their meal ticket since she hit it big, and even now it disgusts me that Michael Lohan uses this as an opporunity to keep the spotlight on himself. I can only imagine if/when something happens to Lindsay, that her parents will blame each other, Hollywood, the criminal justice system, and everyone and their grandmother for her death. It'll be quite the media trainwreck where those two are concerned. They already use the tabloids to plead their cases and take swipes at each other. They really only have themselves to blame as to why Lindsay ended up the way she did. At the very least, she didn't have the support system or environment to help her. I remember awhile back I read Dina hated being identified as Lindsay's mom and when she went out clubbing with her, she referred to herself as a friend. I respect Michael wants her to get help, but I wish he didn't go about it the way he does. I'd feel his heart was more in the right place otherwise. I want her to go to jail and realize she isn't above it all. I'm still skeptical jail will happen, but maybe the F-U painted on her nail and her parents complaining that their poor daughter is being mistreated by the courts, they'll throw the book at her.

And I guess even Dr. Drew is still weighing in on her

Unfortunately I've seen reports from attorneys that indicate that there's no way the picture of Lindsay's nails can be used to retroactively up her punishment. It will, however, taint any judge's feelings of empathy from here on out, I would imagine.

Lindsay also tweeted yesterday to her friends that the fingernail was "just a joke, wasn't it?".. as if trying to get her friends to go along with her. She said that they were joking with another one of her friends and that the nail had absolutely nothing to do with court. It was pretty pitiful.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I wouldn't think the fingernail would have anything to do with her punishment now, but agree it'll just make her look even more disrespectful to the courts and the whole process. I am just hoping she has to go to jail, and for more than a day like before. She's gotten more lucky breaks than the average person would and still is out of control and breaking the law. And her family is doing nothing to stop her. Maybe she can share a cell with bling ring member Alexis Neiers. They have a lot in common and their mothers must be cut out of the same mold.

I can buy it was a joke, though I don't believe it was in this case. But why on earth would you freaking go to court and not take that off from her body? Her lawyer should give her an earful for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3970199;
    I wouldn't think the fingernail would have anything to do with her punishment now, but agree it'll just make her look even more disrespectful to the courts and the whole process. I am just hoping she has to go to jail, and for more than a day like before. She's gotten more lucky breaks than the average person would and still is out of control and breaking the law. And her family is doing nothing to stop her. Maybe she can share a cell with bling ring member Alexis Neiers. They have a lot in common and their mothers must be cut out of the same mold.

I can buy it was a joke, though I don't believe it was in this case. But why on earth would you freaking go to court and not take that off from her body? Her lawyer should give her an earful for that one.

Her lawyer was also a lawyer at the OJ trial (she worked for Johnnie Cochran at that time), so I think she's more interested in the fame / paycheck than her client.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread