+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4618Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I think Chris Brown is full of it.

This one comes as no surprise:

LAS VEGAS (CBS/AP) Vince Neil's mug shot has been released by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. The Motley Crue singer was arrested in Las Vegas on a drunk driving charge early Monday.

The 49-year-old rocker was released on $2,000 bail after being held at the Clark County jail.

The pop-metal band Motley Crue found international fame in the 1980's with hits including "Girls, Girls, Girls" and "Home Sweet Home."

Neil is due back in court on September 27.
    Vince Neil DUI linkage

Requisite mugshot:

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Ugh, that ticks me off. The guy has had two extremely serious motor vehicle accidents in his past, including one that killed his passenger - there's no excuse for this. He's been to rehab for his booze issues before as well. Time to grow up, Vince.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3954783;
    That's just sad,,,,,she's had her struggles.

Is anyone buyng what Chris Brown is selling?

Chris Brown should take his phony tears and beat it - BostonHerald.com
    I, for one, felt it was totally disrespectful to MJ, Rihanna and to all the viewers. The tears look more realistic on the Bachelorette than they did on Chris Brown!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Chris Brown needs to stay at home until he can stop stealing every moment (even a moment in tribute to another performer) to try and save his sinking career. That article, however, irked me. With all the things that have come out in the aftermath of Michael's death to still take every chance to throw the sex offender allegations out there is uncalled for. The world will argue endlessly forever the question of "did he or didn't he", however he was found not guilty and those who accused him have always been quite questionable themselves so it's time to let it be. If he did it he's facing the ultimate judge now so let sleeping dogs lay.

Also to compare Chris Brown to Ike Turner is a bit much. He's likely nowhere near Ike Turner's level of depravity. Hopefully his physical abuse tendencies have been cut off at the knees. What he still seems to remain is an emotional manipulator. If the people don't take his word that he's changed and his apologies fall on deaf ears he'll resort to tears and anything else that may garner an ounce of sympathy. Man up about it Chris. Go away for a while. Let Rhianna shine right now. It's best for him not to try and be out there while she is out there so soon after the events that caused his downfall. All he's doing for himself right now is causing more damage to himself. Go away. Humble yourself. Do some real hands on (no pun intended) work with domestic violence victims. Expose yourself to the kids that grew up with that and need therapy to deal with the horrors they witnessed. Use some of that money to donate to a safe house. Stop worrying more about what will become of the career and worry about what will become of the man if he doesn't truly address his issues.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

In a bit of very sad news, Randall Cunningham's son drowned in the family pool. So sad.

Son of former NFL quarterback dies in accidental drowning - CNN.com
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3955587;
    I, for one, felt it was totally disrespectful to MJ, Rihanna and to all the viewers. The tears look more realistic on the Bachelorette than they did on Chris Brown!

I was pissed when I saw Chris. I wasn't happy that he was the one to do the tribut ein the first place. But, when he did this crying drama and then it went on and on for so long. I just was mad and getting madder the whole time. If you can't get it together than step off the stage and let us just hear Michael in playback. I mean usher got emotional to but, he held it together 'til the end and he was singing at Michael's actual memorial with his body present. I don't feel there has beena good enough tribute done yet, for Michael. I want something with multiple stars who fit Michael's voice musically & dancing ability. Plus, putting aside the whole Janet/breast debacle, I would love to see Justin Timberlake do something because he has the high voice and dancing ability to really pull it off. But, I digress. I do miss Michael.

BP has wrecked us stayathomemom's Avatar

Chris Brown needs to go away for good.
    BP please stop this mess!

Either Chris needs to go away or he needs to find "a clue". Humanity towards others is so inexpensive. I guess he never learned the Golden Rule!

Lindsay Lohan just got sentenced to 90 days in jail, followed by 90 days in in-patient rehab, for probation violations: Judge sends Lohan to jail for probation violation - Yahoo! News

I highly doubt she'll actually serve time, but I wish she would. I'm sure she just thought she could do whatever she wanted and her lawyer would get her out of it because she's famous. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to read that she'd died of an overdose. She started out in the business with a promising career and some talent. Now she's just a joke. A stint in jail, followed by hard-core rehab - might do her some good.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

She'll probably try and push to just go to rehab, but that's failed her before. The judge needs to get strict or stop wasting everyone's time. Either throw the book at her and make it stick, because Lindsay's proven the threat of jail time and rehab has done her no good. She doesn't get it, and personally I'd like to see her get that arrogant smirk wiped off her face. And maybe go to rehab just to have her dad shut up for the time being. She was just bragging the other day (if you believe the entertainment tabloid circle, which in this case, there's probably some truth), that she was going to get off and not serve anytime. She's not due to surrender until July 20th so yeah, she'll probably get something worked out where she does no time Either that or she'll serve one day.

As for Chris Brown-I was never a fan before the Rhianna fiasco but am
    Last edited by karalott; 07-06-2010 at 10:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread