+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 1165 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415551055051005 ... LastLast
Like Tree5261Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I was never a huge fan of Gwyneth Paltrow so I've enjoyed her getting so much flack over naming her daughter Apple. But from what I've read, she's said that Chris is the one that chose the name, and I believe he chose Moses as well.

misskitty, I agree that it's very sentimental and romantic due to the song he wrote.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The beatings these rich brats are going to have to endure. These celebs should at least be honest and say that the naming process has nothing to do with the child but about their self-absorbed selves.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Wow. I don't understand that level of vitriol at all. I could care less what any of these people name their kids, and I can't understand working up the energy to be just that pissed about it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I always liked her, too (although I liked her soon to be hubby even more--I always found him to be really attractive). OK, here's the thing that really annoys me though--these stars want all this publicity, but they have all these rules about what they will and won't talk about and then get all pissy when asked about something they don't want to talk about. I'm sick of wimpy reporters kissing their butts and kowtowing to them. Oprah's one of the worst. When she was interviewing Britney Spears, she asked her if she was still a virgin (fair enough--Britney had proclaimed it before and set herself up). Britney wouldn't answer and then all of the sudden Oprah's telling her, you go girl, it's no one's business. Huh? Then why'd you just ask her?
    My annoyance there lies with the interviewer who asks the question, but won't really ask it -- not the celebrity who doesn't want to answer ... sort of. There are those celebs who pimp out their personal lives as a means of gaining publicity for their careers. If you choose to do that, then your personal life is open game - when you want to talk about it, and when you don't. But for stars who talk about their careers, and don't view dates, weddings and divorces as publicity tools, I can totally support their not wanting to talk about their personal lifes.

But as I said, i take more issue with the interviewers. I get so tired of people like Katie Couric and Oprah playing the "Oh I so don't want to ask you this, but you know the public wants to know, so I HAVE to do it ..." game. Either ask the question and own it, or take the high road and don't ask it. That is what I liked so much about the way that Catherine Keener responded to Jill Rappaport. It wasn't that Jill asked the question - it's that she was lying claiming to not really be asking or wanting to know, and Catherine Keener called her on her BS. For that, I'm now a big fan.

Diane Sawyer does the exact same crap which is why i have no respect for her.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

After Leno apologized he asked Abdul about her alleged attack at a party in Hollywood recently. "It is something very serious and I'm really not at liberty to talk about the details," said Abdul. "I can say I was shoved down to the ground and I actually was knocked out unconscious, which means I saw stars, which therefore means I didn't see Simon Cowell anywhere. But that's all I can talk about."
    It's "very serious" yet she can still manage to sneak in a bad joke about Simon while she discusses it, hey? Paula, Paula, Paula...I yearn for the days when you were just a memory of the background noise from '80's dance clubs.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter sarsgaard are engaged and appearantly expecting as well.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Peterrrr Sarrrsgarrrrrd! hehe. I had to. Anyway, I am officially jealous. I have a crush on Mr Sarsgaard... But I also have a girl crush on Miss Gyllenhaal I hope they make wonderful parents and are happy for a long long time
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I don't understand this deny, deny, deny, baby stuff. Either you're pregnant or you're not. Maybe isn't good. If it is true, then Fergie will have a new meaning for "my humps". I'm glad they're both happy either way!
    ------------------------------------

IS FERGIE PREGNANT?
    Attachment 17037
    Fergie & Josh Duhamel
    Sources are buzzing that Black Eyed Peas frontwoman Fergie, 31, and Las Vegas star Josh Duhamel, 33, are the latest celebrity couple to be expecting! "Fergie has been pregnant for about eight weeks now, but it's [the] early days, so she and Josh only recently started telling people," a source close to Fergie claims. "They're both incredibly happy, and now comes the hard part — trying to decide if they should get married before the baby is born or wait until after." Although the couple has been dating since November 2004, the source says Josh has told Fergie that he needs time to think over the marriage idea and wants to wait until after this season of Las Vegas wraps on April 21 before deciding. "Otherwise, they're both completely overjoyed about this," the source says. "It was exactly what they wanted, and they're going to make great parents!" Fergie's rep insists she's not pregnant. Stay tuned!
    http://www.starmagazine.com/people/61840
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 06:26 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty, the first time I read that, I saw Fergie and thought it meant Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York. It is too late for me to be here!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread