+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4543Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I'm very calm in a crisis, too.
    The ex wife, however, wasn't calm; she was totally apathetic to him.
    Big difference.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3924088;
    From what I read (quickly) earlier, his parents are trying to get legal custody so they can take him back to be buried in Illinois. I don't know if his ex is fighting it, I didn't spend a lot of time digging in the story. Regardless, the funeral is being put off til this is settled. Poor guy.
    Well considering he loathed his parents, I can't see that being his wish for his remains.

The ex-wife probably couldn't give a crap though, so I'm wondering what the legal tangle is. Maybe she still had some kind of power of attorney even though they were divorced.

Again, the main tragedy here is that the only people who seem to actually give a crap about the guy are the few remaining people alive who worked with him.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just heard that the parents have dropped their fight to get his body.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3924375;
    Just heard that the parents have dropped their fight to get his body.
    Wonder why?

Aside from that I wonder why his ex wants the body? Maybe to have it cremated, if there's anything amiss. I hate to hint at an accusation but falling down the stairs doesn't usually lead to "blood everywhere." Something's off. (Also, no matter how someone argued with their parents, I couldn't imagine stopping them from having their child's remains. Not if I was the ex.)

Maybe Todd Bridges can become executor of the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3924610;
    Wonder why?

Aside from that I wonder why his ex wants the body? Maybe to have it cremated, if there's anything amiss. I hate to hint at an accusation but falling down the stairs doesn't usually lead to "blood everywhere." Something's off. (Also, no matter how someone argued with their parents, I couldn't imagine stopping them from having their child's remains. Not if I was the ex.)

Maybe Todd Bridges can become executor of the whole thing.

A lawyer came forward saying he had a will. I heard Todd Bridges had one, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3924814;
    A lawyer came forward saying he had a will. I heard Todd Bridges had one, too.
    The lawyer was someone Coleman used really far in the past. This is one of those situations where you can kind of smell a rat, because I bet the guy is the executor in that will.

I'd sooner trust Bridges. He seems like he'd have the least to gain, thus he's most likely to be the most honest.

The lawyer was someone Coleman used really far in the past. This is one of those situations where you can kind of smell a rat, because I bet the guy is the executor in that will.
    Supposedly, the executor is "Dion Mial, a friend and ex-manager". The article I read said that the parents saw the will before withdrawing their petition.

Hmm...wasn't Dion the guy who lived with Coleman a long time, and they parted ways when it became more clear he was using him? I remember a lot of tabloid stories at the time, and hints by some that Dion was selling stories about Gary to the press.

Hmm...wasn't Dion the guy who lived with Coleman a long time, and they parted ways when it became more clear he was using him? I remember a lot of tabloid stories at the time, and hints by some that Dion was selling stories about Gary to the press.
    Honestly, I have no idea. I just happened to read about this the other day (under a headline about the parents dropping their petition).

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3925075;
    Supposedly, the executor is "Dion Mial, a friend and ex-manager". The article I read said that the parents saw the will before withdrawing their petition.
    Alright, so instead the lawyer gets a kickback from this Mial guy, assuming their version of the will stands up.

+ Reply to Thread