+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4617Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I wondered the same thing - how a 42 year old man gets a head injury this bad in his own home. There have been domestic calls to that house in the past.

I wasn't going to say anything (hadn't seen this discussion yet - felt guilty thinking it), but then I googled Gary Coleman to see if there is some memorial site or place I could post a memorial message. And this came up:

Gary Coleman & Wife on Divorce Court May, 2008.

And I thought it was spooky enough others might want to know. At the end of the clip, she mentions that when they argue, he bashes his head against the wall.

Carlos Irwin Estevez goin' to the pokey?

Okay, you might know him better as Charlie Sheen.

Colorado prosecutor: Charlie Sheen agrees to plea deal - CNN.com

Colorado prosecutor: Charlie Sheen agrees to plea deal
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Sheen due in Aspen, Colorado, court Monday
    * DA won't say if plea deal includes jail
    * Actor was charged last Christmas Day after dispute with his wife

(CNN) -- Charlie Sheen has reached a plea agreement on felony charges stemming from a Christmas Day incident in Aspen, Colorado, but details are secret, the prosecutor said.

Pitkin County, Colorado, District Attorney Arnold Mordkin would not confirm a report that Sheen's plea deal includes jail time for the actor.

It will be up to a judge to accept or reject the deal when Sheen, 44, appears in court on Monday, Mordkin said.

Aspen police charged Sheen with felony second-degree assault, felony menacing and a misdemeanor charge of criminal mischief after a dispute between Sheen and his wife, Brooke Mueller, at their holiday home on December 25, 2009. He was booked under his birth name, Carlos Irwin Estevez.

Sheen and Mueller, 32, married in 2008. Their twin sons, Max and Bob, celebrated their first birthday in March.

The son of actor Martin Sheen, Charlie Sheen currently stars in the hit CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Men."

CNN's Jack Hannah contributed to this report.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

So what do you think of this 911 call?

This is the call Gary Coleman's ex wife made to emergency. Turns out they were divorced at the time of his death. (More details in the story at the link.)

First, she says she found him. Then, she said she was home and doesn't know what happened, she only heard it. Then later, she doesn't want to go near him but said (in the past tense) that "he was bubbling at the mouth." How did she know this if she only heard his fall?

The rest, I'll let you hear for yourself...But when she says she is panicked, does she sound panicky to you?

911 call.

I heard some of the call on a show I was watching yesterday.
    She seemed very together and rather irritated at having to deal with what was happening at all.
    It ws all about how she wasn't well and couldn't handle seeing blood. I'd be more panicked and desperate for someone to help if I was calling an ambulance for a stranger in the middle of the street.
    "That's Numberwang!"

They played the call on the news a few times.
    She sounded like she couldn't be at all bothered to deal with him.
    She seemed pretty awful, IMO, on that tape.
    Didn't appear to have any compassion at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Panicked? She sounded like she was ordering a damn pizza. I can't believe she couldn't bring herself to go over and put pressure on the wound to slow the bleeding. Instead, she tells him to do it himself. I can't help but wonder if it would have helped him recover, if she had helped out instead of letting him bleed out until the ambulance came.

Yeah, she doesn't come across well at all in that call. And now the funeral is postponed while lawyers are hired. Sad.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Just heard about Rue Mclanahan's death.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3923834;
    Panicked? She sounded like she was ordering a damn pizza. I can't believe she couldn't bring herself to go over and put pressure on the wound to slow the bleeding. Instead, she tells him to do it himself. I can't help but wonder if it would have helped him recover, if she had helped out instead of letting him bleed out until the ambulance came.

Yeah, she doesn't come across well at all in that call. And now the funeral is postponed while lawyers are hired. Sad.
    Representing who?

I'm curious, because Gary from what I've seen didn't have anyone in his life he could trust. So what are the "sides" left after his death over his estate? The guy literally had no one. Parents who robbed him blind (assuming they are still around)? A wife (now ex-wife?) who married him for what? His dubious fame?

When Todd Bridges is the closest you have to a trusted confidante, you've had a real messed up life, haven't you?

Todd Bridges, Gary Coleman's 'Diff'rent Strokes' co-star, says he has late actor's secret will

For whatever its worth, I think Bridges, for all that he's a total shambles himself may ACTUALLY be the sole person who legitimately gave a crap.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always been amazed at how offended people get when some folks don't react to a situation like they would. We just don't ALL react to certain things in the same way. I'm usually a person who gets calmer and quieter when things and people become more chaotic/hysterical.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3924074;
    Representing who?

I'm curious, because Gary from what I've seen didn't have anyone in his life he could trust. So what are the "sides" left after his death over his estate? The guy literally had no one. Parents who robbed him blind (assuming they are still around)? A wife (now ex-wife?) who married him for what? His dubious fame?
    From what I read (quickly) earlier, his parents are trying to get legal custody so they can take him back to be buried in Illinois. I don't know if his ex is fighting it, I didn't spend a lot of time digging in the story. Regardless, the funeral is being put off til this is settled. Poor guy.

Shay, I don't freak out in a crisis either, but this woman just didn't seem to care. I didn't expect her to necessarily scream and cry on the phone, but the least she could have done is walk her sorry behind across the room and help a hurt, bleeding person. Instead, she hollers at him to do it himself. That's just wrong.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread