+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5194Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3907537;
    They've had such a horrendous year, so it's nice to read some good news for a change.
    I agree. I hope all goes well.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I was happy to read some good news for them, also. And Ella, their daughter, is beautiful. She got her father's black hair and blue eyes.

I can't help feel a twinge of envy at people who are having kids into their 40s. Still, mazel tov to them.

Mindy McCready Hospitalized After Possible Overdose

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. Mindy McCready, the country singer who battled drugs and legal woes but recently declared herself clean after a stint on "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew," was back home Tuesday from the hospital, according to her brother, after police responded to an overdose call at a Florida home.

The overdose report came at 10:38 a.m. at a North Fort Myers home, said the Lee County Sheriff's Office. The property is owned by McCready's mother, records showed.

Cape Coral Hospital spokeswoman Karen Krieger would not say why McCready was taken to the hospital.

"She is in good condition," Krieger said.

In an e-mail, McCready's publicist confirmed the singer was in the hospital, and said the diagnosis has not been confirmed.

"The family asks for your respect of their privacy and appreciates your thoughts and prayers at this time," wrote publicist Kat Atwood.

So sad. I just saw a story a couple of days ago that she was trying to get custody of her son back. This won't help her. I just pray she can get past all her problems.

It's weird, 'cause I thought I read a story a few days ago - right after she was hospitalized - where she said her mother gave her 4 pills. I was thinking 1) why on earth would anyone need FOUR of those, 2) should she be taking those since she's an addict? and 3) nice way for her mother to be supportive of her recovery. Who knows what the real story is. Addicts lie about everything.

It's a very sad situation and she doesn't seem to have the right people around her. I hope she gets her life together and we're not in the RIP thread in a year talking about how tragic her death was
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yeah. I like Mindy. Strange thing is she seemed so innocent on that show, although it seems she lives a wild life off-camera.

She has real talent. I still play that song from last season's Sober House, and it's moving every time I hear it.

Agree there's been way too many celebs dying lately. Let's hear some good news for once!

I just read a blurb on Yahoo! News that Gary Coleman is in the hospital in critical condition. No news on what's wrong, but he's had so many health problems lately - really, throughout his life - that this isn't surprising. Still, he's only 42 and this doesn't sound good. He's had a rough time over the past few years.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He has the long history of renal issues.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3916547;
    I just read a blurb on Yahoo! News that Gary Coleman is in the hospital in critical condition. No news on what's wrong, but he's had so many health problems lately - really, throughout his life - that this isn't surprising. Still, he's only 42 and this doesn't sound good. He's had a rough time over the past few years.

Local news is reporting that his brother in law told TMZ that he fell and hit his head.

Gary Coleman - Yahoo! TV

Gary Coleman Reportedly In Critical Condition After Fall
    Thu May 27, 3:18 PM PDT

Former "Diff'rent Strokes" star Gary Coleman is currently hospitalized in Utah in critical condition.

The actor's brother-in-law told TMZ, which first reported the story, that Coleman fell and suffered a head injury.

A source told TMZ that he was admitted to the hospital yesterday after being transported from his Utah home at approximately 12:50 PM.

Access spoke on Thursday with a source close to Todd Bridges, Coleman's "Diff'rent Strokes" co-star, who confirmed the story and said that Coleman's wife told the source that Coleman fell and had to be resuscitated. Coleman's wife thought they had lost him, and the situation is currently still very touch and go.

Coleman's manager told E! Online, "We're just getting bits and pieces right now, so there's really nothing to report. If there's anything to announce, we'll let you know."

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, in February, Coleman pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge related to a domestic violence incident with wife Shannon Price from April 2009. He was ordered to complete a domestic violence course and pay a $595 fine.

+ Reply to Thread