+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4946Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Food Network Chef Arrested for Hiring Homeless Hitmen - KTLA

SANTA MONICA-- A television chef was arrested for trying to hire homeless people to commit murder, police said.

Juan Carlos Cruz, who formerly hosted the Food Network's "Calorie Commando" was arrested Thursday on suspicion of solicitation to commit murder, according to Santa Monica Police Sergeant Jay Trisler.

On Friday May 7th, police officers were contacted by homeless individuals who said the suspect solicited them to commit murder. The homeless people agreed to help officers in an investigation, in which Cruz revealed to officers the murder-for-hire method, where and when the individual was to be killed, and the terms of payment, Trisler said.

The victim whom Cruz intended to be murdered has been notified.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3901236;
    My brother lost everything.

YouTube - Nashville Tennessee Flood 2010
    So sorry to hear about that, Unklescott. The floods looked awful.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How creepy must it be to be told that somebody wanted to pay to have you killed? Huge possibility that you never would have seen it coming. I guess then you sit down and review everything that you've ever done in your life, and wonder what could be next. When does normalcy reappear?

My son said something, once, after hearing that a dear friend's son had been shot to death. The son's friend was getting his life on track, and doing well after leading a life of stupidity....he had become a decent person in the community and in his family. My son said, "He may have been turning things around, but maybe his life was just catching up with him." That stuck with me. Good point.

I, seriously, need to see my B&S!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-16-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What is it with producers/celebs and murder plots lately anyway? Reality show contestants - who was that guy from Date a Millionaire or whatever - and producer - Bruce Beresford (he sounds guilty to me) and now this guy? Somethin's trying to tell us all not to trust someone simply because they made it in showbiz.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

John Travolta and Kelly Preston Are Expecting | PopEater.com

Wow! She's 47!!! I can't even begin to imagine, but if it works for them....OK.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3907364;
    John Travolta and Kelly Preston Are Expecting | PopEater.com

Wow! She's 47!!! I can't even begin to imagine, but if it works for them....OK.
    That was my initial reaction, too!

Of course, she's able to hire help...

They've had such a horrendous year, so it's nice to read some good news for a change.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I think it is great that they are having a baby. I think Geena Davis was this old or close when she had twins, and so was the mother from Vacation movies. I think it is probably just what they need after what they went through. Losing a child has got to be the worst thing. I look at my children everyday, and think how awful it would be to not have them.

I'm happy for them. I just hope that the child is okay. I know that age brings with it certain risks during pregnancy.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Kiz

I'm very happy for them, but barring medical issues due to Kelly Preston's age, I'm more concerned with John Travolta's age. He's 56 now, so he could be 57 when the baby comes along. They have extenuating circumstances with the death of their son, but I do wish celebrities would stop having babies when either the parents reach 50.

I heard sad news about the Travolta family this morning...

“At approximately 1 a.m. on Thursday, May 13, 2010, an airplane carrying members of the John Travolta family landed at BIA. While there, two small dogs were taken for a walk by someone who is not a family member. An airport service pickup truck was approaching the airplane to service the airplane and did not see the dogs. Unfortunately, the dogs were struck and killed.
    Travolta’s dogs killed by pickup at BIA - Bangor Daily News
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread