+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4948Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

It would not have stopped with the $2 million. Once you pay a blackmailer it just continues until you are bled dry
    There's no place like home!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Letter-who?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3720817;
    You beat me to it, JD. I have been thinking the same thing. Not that I am saying blackmailers should prevail -- it just seems as though $2 million would be a small price to pay to keep this out of the media and protect his wife and child (not to mention his staff - both former and current). He stated Monday night that he still believes he did the right thing, and I understand what he is saying...however, it makes me wonder if he did ponder paying off the blackmailer. I realize the blackmail might not have ended with the initial payout, but it just seems like such a small amount of money to Dave.
    Oh dear....after re-reading my post I realized I may have come across as though I think that Dave should have paid the money and gotten on with his life. I absolutely do not believe that. I think it was a difficult situation (one he put himself in, of course), but "outing" the blackmailer was the best course of action.

Sorry about any confusion my poorly thought-out post may have caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3720789;
    Bill--hi. I base my own opinion that he is a sex addict on my own observatios of a sex addict a friend was married tro who exhibited the same behavior that Dave himself is admitting to--reckless sexual behavior in the most "dangerous" environments and unable to stop even though it threatens not only his marriage but also possibly his job--and certainly plays havoc with the work environment.

A man who is in control of his sexual urges would not be having serial affairs with various female members of his work staff--and all the while knowing how hurtful such affairs would be to his long time partner/spouse.

I base my conclusioons on what Dave himself has said about his behavior--especially in his apology to his wife.
    Have we heard how many affairs Dave has had? I haven't, but affair"s" could be as few as two or three, and this is over the course of longer than two decades, and the affair currently in the news took place over fifteen years ago. This is not a textbook case of sexual pathology. And while he has been in a relationship with Regina Lasko since some time in the eighties, my perusal of the covers of tabloids while waiting in line at the grocery store has led me to understand that said relationship was off-an-on for a good portion of that time (full acknowledgement that the tabs could be full of crap). So what we have here is a busy guy with a heavy workload and a not rock-solid relationship meeting women where workaholics the world over meet sexual partners/potential mates - at the place where they spend most of their time. In my own office, nay, the specific group I work with on my particular floor, there are two couples who have worked together for years planning to marry next year. And both of those couples started their relationships casually. It happens everywhere, every day.

And again, I said kudos to Dave for refusing to cave to blackmail.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3720875;
    Have we heard how many affairs Dave has had? I haven't, but affair"s" could be as few as two or three, and this is over the course of longer than two decades, and the affair currently in the news took place over fifteen years ago. This is not a textbook case of sexual pathology. And while he has been in a relationship with Regina Lasko since some time in the eighties, my perusal of the covers of tabloids while waiting in line at the grocery store has led me to understand that said relationship was off-an-on for a good portion of that time (full acknowledgement that the tabs could be full of crap). So what we have here is a busy guy with a heavy workload and a not rock-solid relationship meeting women where workaholics the world over meet sexual partners/potential mates - at the place where they spend most of their time. In my own office, nay, the specific group I work with on my particular floor, there are two couples who have worked together for years planning to marry next year. And both of those couples started their relationships casually. It happens everywhere, every day.

and I still give Dave credit for talking about it last week. After testifying. Im hoping there is no trial but if there is I fear details of Stephanie's diary will come out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3720866;
    [I]Letter-who?[/I]

Amen to that!

A real man wouldn't have been having multipe affairs in his workplace while engaged in a longterm relationship with the woman who bore his son and whom he married.

______________________________ _____________

Concerning the possbility of sexual addiction let me just say that he is exhibing classic textbook behaviors--including his inability to stop doing the injurious behavior and his abject apologies for his behavior.

My friend's husband was incredibly remorseful about his behavior--which included having sex with a co-worker and getting her pregnant--while my friend his wife was pregnant.

He too expressed guilt and shame etc--mostly because he got found out.

Having fathered two chidren by two different women during the same time period and having to go through very public court proceedings about paternity and being ordered to pay support for the child and losing his good job because of his behavior--in addition to what it did to his marriage and to his children--

NONE of that stopped him from going back to the very same behavior.

Having seen this play out in my friend's situation makes me very cynical about Dave's "apologies" to his co-workers/employees and to his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3720875;

There is so much mis-information out there. It was reported that Dave hooked up with Merrill Markoe during LN and that relationship was going on years before Dave even had a talk show.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;3721364;
    There is so much mis-information out there. It was reported that Dave hooked up with Merrill Markoe during LN and that relationship was going on years before Dave even had a talk show.
    According to Ms. Markoe, this is true (I've read a few of her books and articles - very intelligent and amusing woman). Actually, it's been public knowledge since they were a couple - an actual couple, not a covert affair.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Thank heavens . . . something to talk about besides Letterman:

Levi Johnston to Pose Nude for Playgirl
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Mr. Stupid strikes again! I guess if you quit your job, you've got to make money some how.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread