+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5012Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

  1. #4611
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Here is one of the original documents in the Polanski case. It's from th premiere site for legal documents.

    I'll see what others I can find.

    FindLaw: Roman Polanski's Indictment Charging that he Sexually Molested a 13-Year-Old Girl

  2. #4612
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,693

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3713727;
    Here is one of the original documents in the Polanski case. It's from th premiere site for legal documents.

    I'll see what others I can find.

    FindLaw: Roman Polanski's Indictment Charging that he Sexually Molested a 13-Year-Old Girl

    The only thing I remember about roman Polanski was his tie to the Manson murders and his relationshiop with Nastassja Kinski. Did the rape and this relationship all take place around the same time. My memory is foggy?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  3. #4613
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3713737;
    The only thing I remember about roman Polanski was his tie to the Manson murders and his relationshiop with Nastassja Kinski. Did the rape and this relationship all take place around the same time. My memory is foggy?
    I know you didn't ask me, but anyway...

    This rape and drugging happened after the Manson murders, in which Roman's wife Sharon Tate and their unborn baby were murdered (along with others).

    The rape and drugging, to my understanding, was not a relationship, but a one-time "meeting" that occurred during a photo shoot. As an adult, she participated in a documentary about it; it was originated and made by a journalist.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

  4. #4614
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,693

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3713740;
    I know you didn't ask me, but anyway...

    This rape and drugging happened after the Manson murders, in which Roman's wife Sharon Tate and their unborn baby were murdered (along with others).

    The rape and drugging, to my understanding, was not a relationship, but a one-time "meeting" that occurred during a photo shoot. As an adult, she participated in a documentary about it; it was originated and made by a journalist.
    No Problem. I guess I just remembered it incorrectly. Wiki has listed as a relationship and I was remembering it the same way. My understanding is she got the photoshoot by dating him. I was a teenager at the time so I only remember bits and pieces of the whole thing. I will have to do some more research into it.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  5. #4615
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3713752;
    No Problem. I guess I just remembered it incorrectly. Wiki has listed as a relationship and I was remembering it the same way. My understanding is she got the photoshoot by dating him. I was a teenager at the time so I only remember bits and pieces of the whole thing. I will have to do some more research into it.
    I could be wrong, but that is my perception. If she was dating him at age 13, how in the heck did that happen?!?!? Also, I would think a parent or guardian would have chaperoned her on photo shoots.

    I just found out about the documentary a few days ago, and I would be interested in seeing it to answer many questions. Although, I don't know if I will.

    In doing some research, I saw a posed photo of her supposedly at that age, and I don't see how anyone could have thought she was older than 14.

    IMO, it really doesn't matter how it happened (as far as Roman making excuses, or even IF it was consensual, which the quote I read of hers clearly indicates that it was rape). She was 13. And he was 44 (or so).
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 09-29-2009 at 02:19 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

  6. #4616
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,693

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3713754;
    I could be wrong, but that is my perception. If she was dating him at age 13, how in the heck did that happen?!?!? Also, I would think a parent or guardian would have chaperoned her on photo shoots.

    I just found out about the documentary a few days ago, and I would be interested in seeing it to answer many questions. Although, I don't know if I will.

    In doing some research, I saw a posed photo of her supposedly at that age, and I don't see how anyone could have thought she was older than 14.

    IMO, it really doesn't matter how it happened (as far as Roman making excuses). She was 13. And he was 44 (or so).
    Ok the 13 yr old was Samantha Geimer who also did modeling also. Natassjja Kinski was also a model who had a relationship with Roman Polanski at the age of 15. I remember her from the photos with the Boa constricto rapped around her nude body pictures she took. I believe she also later married Quincy Jones so I guess she liked older men.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #4617
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3713758;
    Ok the 13 yr old was Samantha Geimer who also did modeling also. Natassjja Kinski was also a model who had a relationship with Roman Polanski at the age of 15. I remember her from the photos with the Boa constricto rapped around her nude body pictures she took. I believe she also later married Quincy Jones so I guess she liked older men.
    Oh, sorry, I forgot that you mentioned N. Kinksi. Yeah, that photo is memorable, wasn't it taken by Annie Lebowich?

    I think the chronology is that he dated N. Kinski, after the murders, likewise the rape happened after the murders. Not sure about the rest.

    Wish these celebs would stick to entertainment (the legal kind), so I could stick to posting about that instead.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 09-29-2009 at 02:38 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

  8. #4618
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,658

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Samantha Geimer said (yesterday on some show) that she kept saying, "No," when he started trying to do things to her, plus she had asked to be taken home because she told him that she was not feeling well. After she said that she wasn't feeling well, he kept telling her to go into this dark bedroom and lie down. She got it, then, what he had in mind. After telling him, "No," several times, she decided to just get it over with. AGE 13. What he did is BEYOND wrong.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #4619
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    799

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    Re: The Polanski case.

    The girl he raped has forgiven him. That does not mean that he does not have to serve the sentence for the crime to which he pled guilty. Is it a waste of money to uphold the law? Who decides when a crime is so trivial that the punishment isnt worth the effort it takes to have it fulfilled?

  10. #4620
    Premium Member canuckinchile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    back in "The Big Smoke"
    Posts
    6,962

    Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

    He drugged and sodomized a 13 year old. I think he needs to be held accountable. If they want to consider the victim's statement when sentencing him, okay, but he performed brutal acts on a child and there's no getting around that.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.