+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4589Likes

Thread: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I agree. I think the way she was brought up was appalling. The drugs were so readily available. But how long can she blame everything on 40 yrs ago?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3711505;
    I agree. I think the way she was brought up was appalling. The drugs were so readily available. But how long can she blame everything on 40 yrs ago?
    IIRC, John Phillips formed a business partnership with a pharmacist. So not only did he have megabucks from his musical endeavors, he had ready access to seemingly unlimitted amounts of pharmaceutical drugs, and revenue from the legitimate part of that business.

The whole thing is a hot twisted mess. Mackenzie claims that she can count on both hands the number of people who knew what was going on, back at the time (and it went on for 10 years, including an abortion). So that is about 10 people who haven't come forward with their version of the story. Denny's oldest daughter is apparently affirming it (if that was really her that contacted Oprah, she wasn't shown on camera). Interestingly, Mackenzie didn't say anything (and I can't believe that Oprah didn't ask her) about the reactions/demeanor of those 10 or so people, over the 10 years and since.

Even Chynna (Mackenzie's half-sister), who seems to be her biggest supporter now, questions how valid a former heavy drug abuser's memories can be (which I was wondering about when I first heard the allegations, and was hesitant to post). Chynna said she spent very little time with her father, because she lived with her mother (Michelle). She observed heroin usage when she visited her dad.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I watched the interview with Chynna.
    Not sure I'd say that Chynna was Mackenzie's biggest supporter.
    She basically told Oprah that she believed Mackenzie because she could not imagine why anyone would come out and say they were in a consensual relationship with their Dad, as Mackenzie had. Chynna also said that her religion enables her to forgive, etc.
    I'm not sure why Mackenzie would have allowed Bijou - the younger sister - to be with their Dad if he had committed incest against Mackenzie. That did not make a lot of sense to me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

And Chynna's new album was released today or recently and was announced on the show. --rolls eyes smilie--

The reason I said "biggest supporter" is that I haven't heard of anyone else coming forward to support Mackenzie.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

One of the entertainment news shows--I think ET(the other possibility is Access Hollywood--they come on one right after the other in our area)--is going to have an hour special on Mackenzie's experiences and the reactions to them today--Saturday.

Consult your local schedule for the time it will be aired.

FORT Fanatic

To Captain,

I know what you are saying, when you say that it is in the past and you have gotten over it. I have said that very thing a million times. I know you dont want this but here it is anyway...HUGS.

As someone who as inappropriatley touched by a senior male member of the family when I was 10-14 (before I finally said "enough!"), I had just a few reservations about letting my daughter in this person's presence.

1) He had to get counseling or I was going to tell adults (and he did and continued to for many years)

2) He was never allowed to be w/my daughter w/o the presence of another responsible adult.

Since Mackenzie said that she watched out for Bijou and that she was never allowed alone w/her dad, I can believe her story much more readily. It's called forgiveness, which took me a LLLOOOOONNNG time to get to.

Unfortunately pedophiles don't care if the child is a family member or not. It's a sickness (i didn't believe that at first, until I really started reading up on it and reading first hand accounts of peophiles) and unless they get continuous treatment, they could slip.

Both my sister and I watched and we heard Oprah ask her about Bijou and why she would have left her with the Dad after Mackenzie's own experiences with him. That part did not seem right to me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Roman Polanski has been arrested in Switzerland to be extradited to the US.

Now, while I agree he committed a crime, the victim herself does not want to see him prosecuted. It wasn't rape I don't believe; it was consexual. If he'd raped her, that would be a different story. Couldn't the DA spend that money on better things?

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3712234;
    Roman Polanski has been arrested in Switzerland to be extradited to the US.

Now, while I agree he committed a crime, the victim herself does not want to see him prosecuted. It wasn't rape I don't believe; it was consexual. If he'd raped her, that would be a different story. Couldn't the DA spend that money on better things?
    The victim was 13 years old and Roman Polanski was 44 years old. He drugged her and then raped and sodomized her. I would hardly call that consensual.

She has forgiven him for his crime, but that doesn't make what he did legal. He pled guilty to unlawful intercourse with a minor and then fled the country to avoid completing his sentence.

+ Reply to Thread